Anyone in SF? Any clubs NOT depressing on TG tonight?

Andrew
This topic is 3089 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

We're you able to find anything? I didn't see your post until just now.

SF in general is really, really quiet on Thanksgiving, as well as Christmas. It's like half the city just packs up and leaves, leaving a very civilized and easy-to-navigate (but quiet) place behind. Yesterday I drove down to the Embarcadero and had my choice of on-street parking spaces, for free. No traffic anywhere. Over the next few days things will gradually return to normal, such as normal in SF is.

Let us know if you found anything. I'm always looking for places to check out, and could be up for joining you.

Thanksgiving was pretty quiet in Florida too. Like nate said, that and Christmas. Often times you'll get a weird December rush leading up to Christmas, but black Friday bullish just adds insult to injury.

Yeah thanksgiving in its true glory is a holiday for families to reunite.But for many singles, it's like trying to cross the red sea. Fortunately for me, I've dodged the last 3 thanksgivings by finding refuge in family and family of friends.

I sometimes think I could migrate Like a northern tern just to avoid the constant in your face, systematic holiday charade between Halloween and tax refund season. It's not the holiday that's depressing, it's the commercials lol.

The Arctic tern is famous for its migration; it flies from its Arctic breeding grounds to the Antarctic and back again each year, the shortest distance between these areas being 19,000 km (12,000 mi). The long journey ensures that this bird sees two summers per year and more daylight than any other creature on the planet

I don't frequent bars anymore, so I don't know what they are like now. When I first moved here 25 years ago, most of gay bars and clubs closed on Thanksgiving. Because there were only a handful that remained open, they were crowded. I think most bars and clubs are open on Thanksgiving, now. The crowds, however, like Nate says, are on the freeways, leaving town.

I don't frequent bars anymore, so I don't know what they are like now. When I first moved here 25 years ago, most of gay bars and clubs closed on Thanksgiving. Because there were only a handful that remained open, they were crowded. I think most bars and clubs are open on Thanksgiving, now. The crowds, however, like Nate says, are on the freeways, leaving town.

Although San Francisco bars are a lot more easier to meet and converse with people, in some of these cities going to a bar can make you feel worse than if you'd stayed home alone, physically and mentally (after the alcohol settles the next morning).

I don't know how every single bar is in every single town, or if it's any different than "back then". But I haven't had a meaningful meeting experience from a bar since the month of March. If you want to know what bars are like nowadays, it's just a bunch of confused, arrested development, stuck-up, drug addicted, sex addicted, alcoholic, lying, cheating, deceiving, smile in your face and act like they don't know you the next day, fake, phony, racist, prejudice, insecure, immature guys in the bars these days. It's a shame that the gay community can take such a promising environment, where many men have no other way to meet men in real life in a non bathhouse environment, and turn it into something so shallow, superficial, and unfriendly. Again that may not speak for all bars in all places. But the trend in gay bars now seem to be more of a high school cafeteria, than a place for singles to meet people. Especially when fucking dumb ass people ask, "wow, you came by yourself? I applaud you!" Well who the fuck else am I supposed to come here with? Some ho I met from Grindr? No because he's fucking five or six other guys and trying to be sneakier than a mother fucker about it.

One would wonder why I even bother with bars anymore. I only go when I have nothing better to spend my money on, had a really good week, want a drink, or am out of town and there's something new to see. It's more like going to a mental hospital rather than a social outlet.

Archived