Rock Hard Ten

guptasa1
This topic is 6166 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Hey all,

Okay, now I'm not a real fan of horse racing, but my relatives wanted to watch the horse race tonight, so we did...

I almost cracked up when I found out there was a horse named "Rock Hard Ten." Now, maybe I just have a really dirty mind, but is there ANY other way one can take that name? I mean...seriously...I was blown away someone would name a horse that as the ONLY way I can interpret it is in a sexually explicit manner.

Then, to make matters worse, they had trouble getting Rock Hard Ten (probably the biggest horse out there) into the gate, which I also thought was amusing as hell as they discussed it.

Am I mistaken here, or is it as I perceive it? =oP

Okay, if you're serious:

One possible interpretation is that the "ten" refers to the horse being perfect (on a scale of 1 to 10, he's a 10) and the "rock hard" refers to him being in tip-top physical condition.

I'd go with the obvious interpretation, though.

Hah! Now that's hilarious! I hadn't seen the hats!

As to the other possible way to take it, I suppose you have a point rock hard meaning top shape and ten meeting perfect, but I've never heard that expression actually used like that even though it could be. Like I said, the only ways I've EVER heard the words rock, hard, and a number combined in that order referred to a penis. LOL. Interesting post, nonetheless.

Thanks for the posts all. =o)

Well, being a die hard racing fan, I had to look up the horse's pedigree - since racehorse names often come from combinations of the sire/dam's names and ancestors:

http://www.pedigreequery.com/index.php?query_type=check&search_bar=horse&h=rock+hard+ten&g=5&inbred=Standard&x2=n

The only tiny allusion to "Rock Hard Ten" is his dam's (mom's) daddy "Mr. Prospector", and boy that is a stretch. The Paulsons have bred thousands of horses, maybe they just wanted to have some fun with the name??

P.S. His grandmother on his dad's side is named "Sharp Queen"?? Anyone ever seen one of those, lol! :-)

• 3 years later...

>>where can you buy the hats? LOL

>

>http://www.horsehats.com/RockHardTen.html

It may be the name of a horse but any other RockHardTen is an urban legend. If it is RockHard it probably isn't ten and if it is ten it will never be rock hard. Give me a Rock Hard Eight for Christmas and I will kiss Santa's feet.

I have never seen a purplekow;

I never hope to see one;

I can tell you anyhow;

I'd rather see than be one

Help there is a purplekow in my mirror

Archived