Local Gay Magazines

TotallyOz
This topic is 7314 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I know that New York City and most other large areas have magazines that are directed to the gay population. In NYC, Hx and Next Magazine seem to be the most popular mags to tell the events that are happening locally. I am now in Thailand spending some time in this amazing place. Here, they have the same kind of mags as NYC but with a Thai flare. I would be intereted to know the names of the other magazines in other cities and if they have a website. A good list of these would make traveling easier for us.

New York City:

HX Magazine http://www.hx.com

Next Magazine: http://www.nextmagazine.com

I'll work on the Thai magazines and websites if this list is of interest to anyone.

Guest ncm2169

Sorry to interrupt, but I seem to recall some posts here about some the online versions of these mags not having as many ads as the print versions. GayChicago comes to mind. What's the story today?

>Sorry to interrupt, but I seem to recall some posts here

>about some the online versions of these mags not having as

>many ads as the print versions. GayChicago comes to mind.

>What's the story today?

Same story. The website will be as up to date and/or inclusive as the publisher wants it to be. <shrug>

I just looked at Gay Chicago's site. Their calendar is covering 6/1 - 6/8, so they're at least showing THIS week. They're not always current. And they've never been all-inclusive of ads.

Some magazines are set up (or have an interest) such that their websites are always current. Others aren't.

In Utah there is a monthly magazine entitled "The Pillar". It's been in existence since the mid-80's when "The Open Door" went out of business.

The printed publication of "The Pillar" is consistent. However, their on-line edition and website haven't worked for months.

Archived