Delta Airline’s “Delta One”

HardnThick
This topic is 2699 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm on Delta One now because I happened to have some Delta miles available. It's not as bad as the reviews say, but these are definitely J seats--angled lie flats that are not very comfortable to recline in. (I expected more of a business/first-level product.) Pluses are great service and fast wifi that actually allows video streaming.

I've really been spoiled by AA's transcon A321 product. I miss those cushy seats, cookies/milk and peach smoothies.

http://damhyul3s75yv.cloudfront.net/photos/15340/original_Review-American_First_Class_A321_San_Francisco_to_New_York_JFK-First_Class_Cabin.jpg

http://damhyul3s75yv.cloudfront.net/photos/14627/original_Review-American_A321_Business_Class_JFK-LAX-Warm_Chocolate_Chip_Cookie_and_Milk.jpg

Bringing that online may be what caused it.

By decades. A COO I worked for recently was infamous for pushing updates sooner than they were ready and asking "what could go wrong?"

Well, this. o_O

BUMP

Years ago, my hospital's health information record AND billing system was down for five days. WHY? The backup system was corrupt, too. And the whole system had been threatening to go belly-up for a couple of weeks. IT didn't notice.

IT director lost her job over that one.

This is why I fly my Gulfstream...

Korean Airlines is loosening its restrictions on flight attendants' use of stun guns following a viral incident last week of a singer helping subdue an unruly passenger.

The airline announced the changes Tuesday, saying that in addition to giving its crew more discretion in using the Tasers, flight attendants would be better trained in restraining passengers, and difficult passengers could face bans on booking with the airline.

While Reuters notes unlawful acts aboard South Korean flights have tripled over the past five years, it's a Dec. 21 incident involving singer Richard Marx that's getting the most credit for the changes.

This is why I fly my Gulfstream...

Korean Airlines is loosening its restrictions on flight attendants' use of stun guns following a viral incident last week of a singer helping subdue an unruly passenger.

The airline announced the changes Tuesday, saying that in addition to giving its crew more discretion in using the Tasers, flight attendants would be better trained in restraining passengers, and difficult passengers could face bans on booking with the airline.

While Reuters notes unlawful acts aboard South Korean flights have tripled over the past five years, it's a Dec. 21 incident involving singer Richard Marx that's getting the most credit for the changes.

This is why I fly private...:eek:

I'm on Delta One now because I happened to have some Delta miles available. It's not as bad as the reviews say, but these are definitely J seats--angled lie flats that are not very comfortable to recline in.

Hey FF, good of you to post your trip as it was underway. The quality of the various business and first class offerings is always a topic of some contention! At least QF and most Asian airlines include meals in even Economy fares. I blew some points to upgrade to J on QF to and from Perth on A330s (QF does not have F on domestic or shorter haul international). Seating was flash, and flat bed recliners all forward facing (not angled). I don't know how comfortable they were reclined because I had daylight flights both ways. (As an aside they served a very palatable non-alcoholic sparkling ruby cabernet before take-off, which I've since bought for myself.)

For my next trip to the US East coast, I'm weighing QF premium economy (unless I feel like shelling out for J) and flying to JFK rather than DC so I can fly on a QF aircraft all the way (rather than AA or whatever code share they have). Whether I pay up front or take my chances with points upgrades is the next question.

Archived