Have you had an unusual, weird, unexplainable, maybe even paranormal or supernatural experience?

geminibear
This topic is 3140 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Come on guys!

This is the best we can do for your

unusual, weird, unexplainable, maybe even paranormal or supernatural experience ?

I have a feeling Gem has a creepy story in store for us and he is saving it for October 31st...this is one of those times when I think we need to press for a premature ejaculation...of story-telling ;)

<twilight zone theme swelling in the background as I speak...>

Gem, outside of making my virtual acquaintance, do you have a freaky story to share with us? DO TELL, por favor !

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have a feeling Gem has a creepy story in store for us and he is saving it for October 31st...this is one of those times when I think we need to press for a premature ejaculation...of story-telling ;)

<twilight zone theme swelling in the background as I speak...>

Gem, outside of making my virtual acquaintance, do you have a freaky story to share with us? DO TELL, por favor !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngvbQoJ5Mzo

Want to see something really scary? :eek:

Ok that is truly a scary story. I have been through that haunting work situation also. :eek:

The latest workplace trend is to have completely open offices, not even cubicles. Only the most senior management has private offices. It is supposed to foster innovation and productivity. With cubes, workers had the illusion of privacy, now they don't have even that. Maybe the open office will keep them from discussing their private lives on the telephone.

The latest workplace trend is to have completely open offices, not even cubicles. Only the most senior management has private offices. It is supposed to foster innovation and productivity. With cubes, workers had the illusion of privacy, now they don't have even that. Maybe the open office will keep them from discussing their private lives on the telephone.

no, I'm in a very open office. Cube walls but they're barely up to my chest, I can see this guy even when I'm sitting down. He's a big fan of headsets but a bellower when he uses it. Most of his conference calls start out with three minutes of "Hello, can you hear me?" at 90 decibels.

no, I'm in a very open office. Cube walls but they're barely up to my chest, I can see this guy even when I'm sitting down. He's a big fan of headsets but a bellower when he uses it. Most of his conference calls start out with three minutes of "Hello, can you hear me?" at 90 decibels.

In Silicon valley the trend is away from having cubes at all. Some places don't even have individual desks. The employees sit at long tables - very Japanese. I know a software engineer who works for a Japanese company and, at the moment, he works in Japan more than he does in the US. He loves that Japanese-style work environment. Says it really disciplines him, keeps him on task and prevents him from wasting time.

I work with early-stage startups a fair amount. Sometime when I go to their offices, the office is a single room with 12 or 14 people sharing maybe 200 square feet, all seated at a couple of long tables, coding away on their laptops and tablets. To meet with the founder/CEO, we have to go out and meet at Starbucks. Talk about bootstrapping. All those cloud-based apps? They went from idea to implementation in just this kind of environment.

In Silicon valley the trend is away from having cubes at all. Some places don't even have individual desks. The employees sit at long tables - very Japanese. I know a software engineer who works for a Japanese company and, at the moment, he works in Japan more than he does in the US. He loves that Japanese-style work environment. Says it really disciplines him, keeps him on task and prevents him from wasting time.

I work with early-stage startups a fair amount. Sometime when I go to their offices, the office is a single room with 12 or 14 people sharing maybe 200 square feet, all seated at a couple of long tables, coding away on their laptops and tablets. To meet with the founder/CEO, we have to go out and meet at Starbucks. Talk about bootstrapping. All those cloud-based apps? They went from idea to implementation in just this kind of environment.

Now im really spooked! That just made me tingle with fear :eek:

This centers around events just before and just after my wife's passing. I attribute most of it to coincidence, a heightened awareness and attention to detail and to the fact that sometimes odd things happen. There is a part of me that also believes that my wife was letting me know that even after death, she was thinking about me and loving me. Certainly, now 15 years later, I am still thinking about and loving her.

At the end of her life, I tended to my wife at home. Except for a very rare visitor, it was just us for the last month. About three weeks before she passed, she sent me a bouquet of roses for my birthday with a card that said "Just Because...your wife." Similar to an O Henry story, the roses remained bright and fresh looking for a very long time. I kept them in the room with her to try and brighten the place. She passed just after midnight at 12:26 and that night, I sat with her, holding her hand and smelling the roses until the morning arrival of the funeral director. When the director arrived, as I went to answer the door, the petals began to fall off the roses and by the time I returned, all of the petals had dropped to the floor.

The next day, as I prepared for the funeral, I decided to take the pocket watch that I had bought for our wedding. I remembered glancing at the watch several times as I waited for her to appear at the head of the aisle. I remember hoping she had not changed her mind and my nervously fingering and playing with the watch was noted by many who attended and later my wife and I would joke about it. As I removed the watch from the box, I notice that the time on the watch was 12:26.

The night before I was to return to work, I was awakened by a call from the police that the alarm had gone off at myoffice. This was not in and of itself unusual, as the alarm was fairly sensitive. and it was a blustery September night I drove to my office which was located in a strip mall. I pulled into my usual parking place and the parking lot was dark except for the bright blue light of a notion store which had opened while i was away. Its name ? Just Because. The time on the car clock was 12:26. The alarm was not sounding.

When I ordered my wife's headstone, I selected a heart shaped stone and had the words "Just Because...." etched in the stone. I will be buried with that watch set at 12:26 and with a healthy sprinkling of rose petals.

This brought tears to my eyes. Few people share a love as deep as the one you and your wife had.

My grandma raised me because my parents are/were addicts. When i was born i had heroin in my system, my grandma saved me from children services, now at 9 she died of lung cancer complications. She said i should go to the sleep over at the zoo Friday-Sunday i was so excited. Friday night i had a nightmare my grandma died, when i woke up the zoo sleep over coordinators reassured me it was a dream, half way thru the day they got a phone call and my uncle came and picked me up, everyone was so sad and hugged me... No one told me anything... When we pulled up at home exactly what i seen in my dream was in front of me....

It haunts me to this day, but i also feel blessed cause she has proven many times to be my guardian angle. I unfortunately got put into the system for a couple years . i only got out because the family that "adopted me" (for the money) the dad was abusing the other boy they adopted (sexually) when i found out, i waited for it to happen again, i remember, my 'brother' crying late night and one night he said why i never helped him.... I'm scared to tell you guys this.... But i snapped at 10 1/2 i herd him crying for help... The adopted mom was a nurse and worked doubles on weekends.. I knew i had to help... In turn i called 911 told them to come and listen. I ran to the kitchen and got a knife, then i ran up stairs and yelled the cops are on their way and i had a knife he stopped hurting my "brother" slapped me in the face and held me down, i was about to get raped.... I felt helpless.... Then, i felt him fall on top of me... My "brother" stabbed him in the back. I remember feeling the blood pour on me.

We were both half naked and scared... We went out side and cried together until the cops showed up... We both got questioned and he got arrested. We both got to go home to our parents and the only time we ever seen each other again was at court when we testified against our "father". I've never seen my "brother" again.....

The "father" got 10 years and is a level 3 sex offender. I believe this was my grandma teaching me to help others and that there ARE bad bad BAD people in this world. I took underwent years of therapy until i was 16 where i yelled out in therapy "I LIKE GUYS, I AM GAY" and have been happily ever after since.

Sorry for the long story. But this one hit me close to home i

My grandma raised me because my parents are/were addicts. When i was born i had heroin in my system, my grandma saved me from children services, now at 9 she died of lung cancer complications. She said i should go to the sleep over at the zoo Friday-Sunday i was so excited. Friday night i had a nightmare my grandma died, when i woke up the zoo sleep over coordinators reassured me it was a dream, half way thru the day they got a phone call and my uncle came and picked me up, everyone was so sad and hugged me... No one told me anything... When we pulled up at home exactly what i seen in my dream was in front of me....

It haunts me to this day, but i also feel blessed cause she has proven many times to be my guardian angle. I unfortunately got put into the system for a couple years . i only got out because the family that "adopted me" (for the money) the dad was abusing the other boy they adopted (sexually) when i found out, i waited for it to happen again, i remember, my 'brother' crying late night and one night he said why i never helped him.... I'm scared to tell you guys this.... But i snapped at 10 1/2 i herd him crying for help... The adopted mom was a nurse and worked doubles on weekends.. I knew i had to help... In turn i called 911 told them to come and listen. I ran to the kitchen and got a knife, then i ran up stairs and yelled the cops are on their way and i had a knife he stopped hurting my "brother" slapped me in the face and held me down, i was about to get raped.... I felt helpless.... Then, i felt him fall on top of me... My "brother" stabbed him in the back. I remember feeling the blood pour on me.

We were both half naked and scared... We went out side and cried together until the cops showed up... We both got questioned and he got arrested. We both got to go home to our parents and the only time we ever seen each other again was at court when we testified against our "father". I've never seen my "brother" again.....

The "father" got 10 years and is a level 3 sex offender. I believe this was my grandma teaching me to help others and that there ARE bad bad BAD people in this world. I took underwent years of therapy until i was 16 where i yelled out in therapy "I LIKE GUYS, I AM GAY" and have been happily ever after since.

Well...I'm speechless...so I will just babble a bit: Sometimes it is our own life story that can be super human, unimaginable, and right down heart-wrenching. Thank you for sharing part of you story with us. I'm sure grandma is watching over you. ;) Hug to you.

I hate talking about it. It shows how weak i used to be! Thanks for the hug. But I've grown and shapped into a wonderful human being due to this event. I always wonder what would of happened if I said something earlier or helped him earlier, i sometimes wonder if he blames me for never helping. But then i think of the wonderful and peaceful smile on his face when the jurry said "Guilty" it was a feeling of peace and happiness. No one in the adoption agency apologized or ever came to visit us bi-weekly like they said they would. I am pleased with the end result though. If he ever contacts any of us its instant time back to jail for him. Plus i think we scared the shit out of him!!! Hehehe i just wish i had the balls he did, to stab that mother fucker... I don't though. Im a peaceful non violent kinda guy...

Also, partly this story made me get the tribute tattoo on my upper right Bicept her name was rose so i ironically got a rose with tons of small details that alot of people miss. I love it !!

Wow thanks for sharing Brian. Shocking scary disturbing and very upsetting.

The time is getting near let's share our stories of

unusual, weird, unexplainable, maybe even paranormal or supernatural experience.

Tell me about that thing that has happened that made your hair stand up.

Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton MAY become president.

That's Unusual, weird, unexplained, paranormal and supernatural.

The chupacabra or chupacabras (Spanish pronunciation: [tʃupaˈkaβɾas], literally "goat-sucker") is a legendary cryptid rumored to inhabit parts of the Americas, with the first sightings reported in Puerto Rico.[1] The name comes from the animal's reported habit of attacking and drinking the blood of livestock, especially goats.

Growing up on my family's sheep and cattle operations in the canyons of southern Colorado and northern New Mexico the chupacabra filled my nightmares.

320px-Chupacabras.JPG

DId any of the live stock go missing gem?

The chupacabra or chupacabras (Spanish pronunciation: [tʃupaˈkaβɾas], literally "goat-sucker") is a legendary cryptid rumored to inhabit parts of the Americas, with the first sightings reported in Puerto Rico.[1] The name comes from the animal's reported habit of attacking and drinking the blood of livestock, especially goats.

Growing up on my family's sheep and cattle operations in the canyons of southern Colorado and northern New Mexico the chupacabra filled my nightmares.

320px-Chupacabras.JPG

Actually yes. The FBI, ATF, NM State Police, CBI and others have investigated livestock mutilations quite extensively in the area. Including our operations. :eek:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cattle_mutilation

Gem,

Is it bad I dont know what ATF or CBI stands for? There are sick mother fuckers out there who REALLY think they need blood to survive I seen a documentry on a guy who would use 2 large gauged needles to train a horse/cow and drain them dry then use the supply to "stay alive"

But the mutilations are the scurry part !!

Archived