Decorum

Guy Fawkes
This topic is 3026 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

[float_right]miss-manners.png [/float_right]

I have always been an advocate of "Free Speech" and have always been willing to tolerate much more than the average joe.

Currently, we're under heighten scrutiny and I must insist that Decorum be maintained. If you see Miss Manners show up perhaps you'll need to tone it down quickly.

decorum

[dih-kawr-uh m, -kohr-]

1. dignified propriety of behavior, speech, dress, etc.

2. the quality or state of being decorous, or exhibiting such dignified propriety; orderliness; regularity.

3. Usually, decorums. an observance or requirement of polite society.

As Al Sharpton puts it, "we can disagree without being disagreeable."

I put my own consulting business (nothing to do with sex work, regrettably :D ) out of the reach of US authorities eons ago.

My AMEX card & passport are the next proximate lines of defense.

Just saying.

How exactly is 'out of the reach' achieved? And, how can I isolate my work?

How exactly is 'out of the reach' achieved? And, how can I isolate my work?

I overstate it of course. Nothing is out of their reach. What I do is deliver some kinds of work through overseas business partners, especially where there may be worries about inadvertently falling afoul of ITAR or Export Administration Regulations. I am the silent subject matter expert, they provide the work product to client. How to construct those relationships and manage the money trail is best done in consult with your local business atty. together with one based over there, wherever that may be.

That is to say, I try to shift the liability to a partner who can more easily withstand it.

• 2 weeks later...
[float_right]miss-manners.png [/float_right]

I have always been an advocate of "Free Speech" and have always been willing to tolerate much more than the average joe.

Currently, we're under heighten scrutiny and I must insist that Decorum be maintained. If you see Miss Manners show up perhaps you'll need to tone it down quickly.

Not a bad idea speak your mind, but it's even classier when you conduct yourself shall we say " Lady like" in your demeanor how you get your message across. ;)

• 4 months later...

Archived