Apple watch, are they on too something?

Griffin Donavon
This topic is 2903 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

...(The Dick Tracy feeling is undeniable when you answer your first phone call on the phone.)...

http://pre00.deviantart.net/ef2a/th/pre/f/2012/200/1/5/15fb6587d137199dfcb66d369d01197e-d57uhq2.jpg

Waiting for the Apple Shoe.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I enjoy my Apple Watch. I've used it consistently over the last year and don't see myself looking to move away from it anytime soon. I use it to keep me on schedule as it gently taps my wrist when it's time for my next meeting, or it has my boarding pass ready so I don't have to fish out my phone when dealing with carry ons at the airport.

It does not change the world by any means, but it does make my life a bit easier. Anything that does that is good to me.

I think the next BIG thing would be the invention of something that instantly eliminates one's body wastes without the necessity of....you know.

Now that would be big. As one ages, it's something that I tend to think about....you know, more than I used to.

I'm not a watch guy. I didn't start wearing one routinely until I was around 25. And for the most part I stuck with a cheap plastic Casio model. Now I haven't worn one very often for the last 5 years using my phone to tell time. I don't think the Apple Watches are attractive at all. I have no desire to wear one.

Thank you, AdamSmith, for the throwback to Trog. It was within that film that I got my first look at John Hamill in his undies.

http://cdn.ipernity.com/114/13/57/7151357.965659bf.240.jpg?r2

@sync, I wasn't familiar with Mr. Hamill at all. Thank you for enlightening me.

Here's a what Wikipedia thinks about him.

Hamill’s background as a physiques model, which included cover appearances on several beefcake publications and the occasional 8 mm ‘posing strap’ film, earned him a considerable gay following, which is still visible on the internet today.

Gman

Archived