No Good Bagels In California

thickornotatall
This topic is 3232 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I see no cake. You said there would be cake. The cake is a lie. :( (If you know were this quote is from, yay! :p )

The cake is a lie.

Kakku on valhe.

Kook on vale.

Der Kuchen ist eine Lüge.

Is é an císte bréag.

A torta egy hazugság.

http://ideonexus.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/cakeisalie.jpg

Ok, I'm not sure what Steven's post means exactly or what this is a picture of. ......

Reminds me of Buster in Arrested Development. "I was led to believe there would be cheese sandwiches?"

.... But I think sincitymix was actually referring to this...

And there is this also...

B4LbzrSIQAAzd2f.jpg:small

Gman

The cake is a lie.

Kakku on valhe.

Kook on vale.

Der Kuchen ist eine Lüge.

Is é an císte bréag.

A torta egy hazugság.

http://ideonexus.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/cakeisalie.jpg

*sniffs the air* I smell NERD! *points to Steven*

Lol you got it :0 glad to know im not the only gamer :p

Back in the 90's I used to like Greenblatt's, in the same block as Numbers when it was on Sunset. Haven't been there for years, but I did like their bagels. Then I moved to NYC and discovered a whole new bagel world. Is Greenblatt's still doing their thing? I loved their pastrami on rye -- the absolutely most basic sandwich in the universe. Probably can't match the 2nd Avenue Deli pastrami. To be fair, though, no one can match the 2nd Avenue Deli (actually near 33rd and Third) pastrami sandwiches.

The Kolaches look awfully good - very similar to hamantashen but hamantashen are always triangular.

I have a funny story about Hammentaschen. I'm always looking for additional holidays to celebrate because I think we can all use more holidays. I'm not a Jew, but a Jewish friend of mine suggested adding Purim to my expanded holiday calendar. I read up on it and found that one of the things people do on Purim is eat Hammentaschen. I got a recipe, made the Hammentaschen and had her over and another friend, also a Jew, for coffee and Hammentaschen. Big mistake. The first friend thought it was fun, but the second friend relates to his Jewishness in a weird way - he has a fairly broad streak of internalized anti-semitism, likes to call other Jews "Hebes" and that sort of thing. He was offended by my Purim celebration, said it made him feel like he was my token Jew. But the Hammentaschen were good.

I have a funny story about Hammentaschen. I'm always looking for additional holidays to celebrate because I think we can all use more holidays. I'm not a Jew, but a Jewish friend of mine suggested adding Purim to my expanded holiday calendar. I read up on it and found that one of the things people do on Purim is eat Hammentaschen. I got a recipe, made the Hammentaschen and had her over and another friend, also a Jew, for coffee and Hammentaschen. Big mistake. The first friend thought it was fun, but the second friend relates to his Jewishness in a weird way - he has a fairly broad streak of internalized anti-semitism, likes to call other Jews "Hebes" and that sort of thing. He was offended by my Purim celebration, said it made him feel like he was my token Jew. But the Hammentaschen were good.

I love hamantaschen. But some people's the crust is very dry.

So if you converted, maybe you'd be like Jerry Seinfeld's dentist.

"Tim: All right, it is cavity time. Ah, here we go. Which reminds me, did you here the one about the rabbi and the farmer's daughter? Huh?

Jerry: Hey.

Tim: Those aren't mahtzah balls.

Jerry: Tim, do you think you should be making jokes like that?

Tim: Why not? I'm Jewish, remember?

Jerry: I know, but...

Tim: Jerry, it's our sense of humor that sustained us as a people for 3000 years.

Jerry: 5000.

Tim: 5000, even better. Okay, Chrissie. Give me a schtickle of flouride.

% Jerry and Elaine at Jerry's apartment.

Jerry: And then he asked the assistant for a schtickle of flouride.

Elaine: Why are you so concerned about this?

Jerry: I'll tell you why. Because I believe Whatley converted to Judaism just for the jokes."

Gman

Archived