nbc thomas roberts

sincitymix
This topic is 2141 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He and his LONG time partner btw are ALSO the nicest guys on the planet :) Besides, being devoted as a couple, they're also deserving of the cover of "HOT HANDSOME DUOS" (that's not a real mag but they would be on it if it was) Known them for years, first met em via my best bud is also one of theirs, we sat together ata charity thang just two weeks ago, all around great guys and HE makes us ALL proud fuk yah.

You mean his husband? (Gavin Newsome, no less, presided at the wedding!)

Yes I know, HUSBAND o_O I have a tendency to STILL say "partner" re friends who later married. I KNOW were they str8 friends I'd NEVER still say BF or GF or Fiance I'd say husband or wife, but I still seem to say "Partner" which of course, they are as well :). It's kinda engrained I guess since for years that's how I LOVED making it clear to ppl who asked (about openly out friends of course) that they were gay w/o saying HE'S GAY, no he's not married he has a "partner" lol. Followed by their "Ohhhhhh..." I gotta change that n get w the times :cool:

I hardly ever watch NBC nightly news, and I only vaguely knew who Thomas Roberts is. I just happened to catch his newscast the other day and I am shocked to read this was his first time in the anchor chair. FLAWLESS is probably the best word to describe his performance. Beyond flawless, really. I will be tuning in regularly now. (I never liked Brian Williams anyway, but I do like Lester Holt, too.)

He and his LONG time partner btw are ALSO the nicest guys on the planet :) Besides, being devoted as a couple, they're also deserving of the cover of "HOT HANDSOME DUOS" (that's not a real mag but they would be on it if it was) Known them for years, first met em via my best bud is also one of theirs, we sat together ata charity thang just two weeks ago, all around great guys and HE makes us ALL proud fuk yah.

Ok Tonyko-you shouldn't read this-but there are reportedly nekkid pictures of Mr. Roberts from years ago on the web. I'm not posting any in deference to Tonyko.

What about David Muir from ABC? My hopes are dashed!

Peace,

Kipp

What hopes? Is it because he's probably going with that guy from Florida?

Gman

thomas-roberts02.jpg

Thomas Roberts has been a regular on "Morning Joe" on MSNBC. Recently he was given his own two-hour show on MSNBC in the afternoon. He's better off away from "Morning Joe," because the show has too many talking heads already. I wish him the best. He comes across as a really smart, nice guy on TV.

Thomas Roberts has been a regular on "Morning Joe" on MSNBC. Recently he was given his own two-hour show on MSNBC in the afternoon. He's better off away from "Morning Joe," because the show has too many talking heads already. I wish him the best. He comes across as a really smart, nice guy on TV.

He was a regular guest on "Morning Joe" because he was the anchor of "Way Too Early", which comes before MJ. Before "Way Too Early" he hosted the news hour currently hosted by (I think) Tamron Hall. He's also one of the backup anchors for "Today" on the weekends (and even occasionally during the week).

He's been a stalwart at NBC News for a number of years. During major news stories (the Baltimore riots -- he's from there, major tornadoes, etc.) he's often sent into the field to report from the scene.

His long ago but not forgotten on-air gaffe on CNBC with the Stanford guy aside, I think the powers that be at NBC have intentions to use Carl Quintanilla more & more prominently now in their current shuffle.....playing to the current & ever-growing Latino demographics......& as far as Quintanilla goes, no complaints from me.

For those who don't know, Carl, like me (I almost never watch TV due to no cable and bad reception), here he is. He's ok. I think Thomas is handsomer. But again I'd be happy to show Carl some down home Texas hospitality. But what gaffe?

http://static4.businessinsider.com/image/52011837eab8ea2617000008-538/carl-quintanilla.png

Gman

For those who don't know, Carl, like me (I almost never watch TV due to no cable and bad reception), here he is. He's ok. I think Thomas is handsomer. But again I'd be happy to show Carl some down home Texas hospitality. But what gaffe?

http://static4.businessinsider.com/image/52011837eab8ea2617000008-538/carl-quintanilla.png

Gman

Quintanilla's gaffe - when in an interview, shortly before the truth came out that exposed the Texan Allen Stanford, he asked the multi, multi billion Ponzi schemer / scammer if it was fun being a billionaire....among many others, Jon Stewart famously roasted Carl.....& the actual clip / interview has been removed from most all places on the web except for in this link which I found, if you're interested....(CNBC Financial Advice video - a montage w/the Stanford interview beginning around the 7:00 minute mark....w/the final question near the end)

http://www.distressedvolatility.com/2009/03/jon-stewart-ruins-cnbc-featuring-clip-w.html

Quintanilla's gaffe - when in an interview, shortly before the truth came out that exposed the Texan Allen Stanford, he asked the multi, multi billion Ponzi schemer / scammer if it was fun being a billionaire....among many others, Jon Stewart famously roasted Carl.....& the actual clip / interview has been removed from most all places on the web except for in this link which I found, if you're interested....(CNBC Financial Advice video - a montage w/the Stanford interview beginning around the 7:00 minute mark....w/the final question near the end)

http://www.distressedvolatility.com/2009/03/jon-stewart-ruins-cnbc-featuring-clip-w.html

But was it really a gaffe since it occurred before the truth came out? It seems more like a matter of bad timing than say for example Helen Thomas' remark which rightfully ended her career-and which I would classify as worse than a gaffe.

Gman

But was it really a gaffe since it occurred before the truth came out? It seems more like a matter of bad timing than say for example Helen Thomas' remark which rightfully ended her career-and which I would classify as worse than a gaffe.

Gman

OK, I won't belabor the point....can we agree it was a gaffe in retrospect then...or perhaps, looking back, there's a better word to describe that particular question by Carl.....when the facts came out shortly after that interview, it caused a lot of embarrassment for Carl.....(the power of CNBC to have the video removed from nearly all links throughout the web on a number of sites is disconcerting to me too....on certain levels for other reasons......don't get me started on market manipulation & CNBC's role in it all - sickening.....end of rant).

• 2 years later...

Let ’er rip.

Judging by the four-inch strip of accidental air conditioning running down the back of his pale blue trousers, that was TV journalist Thomas Roberts’ approach as he began work Monday as the evening anchor at Atlanta’s CBS affiliate, CBS46.

He reported the news on-air, then let viewers know what was going on below the anchor desk on Instagram.

“Behind the scenes...first day of my NEW job @cbs46 and suit pants split right before first show. Luckily@sharonreedcbs46 captured it for reporting purposes,” he posted alongside a snap of his bum.

“What will day 2 bring?,” the handsome newshound added. “Stay tuned … but first @suitsupply cya this morning!!”

Whatever it brings, Roberts has proven resilient in his career that began in local markets including San Diego. He ended a seven-year-stint at NBC News last November.

“If you don’t get mad it’s a sign of good luck, right?,” Roberts asked about the unintentional backside vent.

That could be.

By Tuesday afternoon, the post had been liked more than 2,200 times.