Historic...'Call me Caitlyn'

bigvalboy
This topic is 2892 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wonder how her wife truly feels? I can't imagine marrying a man, then having him become a woman!

http://www.reunitingall.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/technology-4against-emoticons-525x375.jpg

Have you seen a picture of his first ex wife? How do you think she feels knowing her ex husband makes a prettier woman :p

I agree about the Vegas part of all this. Let us hope that Jenner, who is a position to help many people, does not let us down.

Us? Us, who????

What does a transsexual have to do with boy buttfuckers?

Jenner claims Asexuality. We still cannot fuck him/her!!!

How can the negative make US?

Pardon my invective but I really don't relate to LGBTQ any more than I can relate to being a democrat.

Maybe your discomfort explains why you used the word "transsexual." Jenner is transgender. Sex and gender aren't the same thing.

Us? Us, who????

What does a transsexual have to do with boy buttfuckers?

Jenner claims Asexuality. We still cannot fuck him/her!!!

How can the negative make US?

Pardon my invective but I really don't relate to LGBTQ any more than I can relate to being a democrat.

I have something to say about this whole thing, and this may be the only place I dare say it. Get your claws out boys, because I may need to be corrected and am ready to hear your opinions. I fully support Ms. Jenner living as the gender she chooses and believe that everyone has the right to be who they are, and who they want to be. That's what America is all about. But the antics of the Kardashians have always turned my stomach, and they still do. Designing something so personal as this to be reality television, and sharing one's transition with a few million of one's closest friends is a disgusting spectacle. Maybe she will raise awareness and help in some way, but I am waiting for the opportunity to hear what a normal transgender person feels about it. If someone I knew were transitioning, I'd want to know all about it. But a stranger who I never cared for? Too much information. Maybe I'm just not the target demographic of reality television.

One trans woman I know well is deeply divided in how she feels about how Caitlin is handling it. Glad for the heightened general awareness, and for the sympathetic reaction, but disgusted with what seems the deliberate spectacle-making aspects.

One trans woman I know well is deeply divided in how she feels about how Caitlin is handling it. Glad for the heightened general awareness, and for the sympathetic reaction, but disgusted with what seems the deliberate spectacle-making aspects.

Interesting Adam Smith...Walking a fine line here, it is damned if you do and damned if you don't.

http://mashable.com/2015/06/01/caitlyn-jenner-things-to-know/

I think people need to separate the two aspects of this. Yes, it heightens awareness and so on for trans* issues. As for the 'spectacle-making' part, that disgust should be for the publicity seeking aspect of all reality television and similar activities. It should not be disgust at the fact that is a trans* woman involved rather than anyone else. By all means object the the objectifying of this sort of coverage, but don't link it to the trans* aspect of this case.

Whoring is like politics. Including whoring yourself out to the media.

Back in my organizing days, one of the smartest woman volunteers I ever worked with once told me, "You have to understand that most people can only accept things if they are packaged like goldfish crackers."

Goldfish cracker, meet Caitlyn. A big dose of Kar-trashian reality tv persona junk is ironically going to help educate and sell transgender awareness to the American public. Thanks Bruce, Caitlyn, or whatever you want to call yourself. She is doing a favor to the cause of diversity and tolerance.

Guest Starbuck
Us? Us, who???? What does a transsexual have to do with boy buttfuckers? Jenner claims Asexuality. We still cannot fuck him/her!!!

Maybe your discomfort explains why you used the word "transsexual." Jenner is transgender...

Kenny's points is worth understanding. For anyone who's at least a little unclear (probably a majority of the general population), this is from the GLAAD Media Reference Guide (www.glaad.org):

Transgender (adj.)

An umbrella term for people whose gender identity and/or gender expression differs from what is typically associated with the sex they were assigned at birth. People under the transgender umbrella may describe themselves using one or more of a wide variety of terms - including transgender. Use the descriptive term preferred by the individual. Many transgender people are prescribed hormones by their doctors to change their bodies. Some undergo surgery as well. But not all transgender people can or will take those steps, and a transgender identity is not dependent upon medical procedures.

Transsexual (adj.)

An older term that originated in the medical and psychological communities. Still preferred by some people who have permanently changed - or seek to change - their bodies through medical interventions (including but not limited to hormones and/or surgeries). Unlike transgender, transsexual is not an umbrella term. Many transgender people do not identify as transsexual and prefer the word transgender. It is best to ask which term an individual prefers. If preferred, use as an adjective: transsexual woman or transsexual man.

I just watched an episode of Keeping Up with The Kardashians. There is something odd about constantly talking about Jenner and what he might say to Diane Sawyer, especially with Bruce and the family in the setting of the Pacific Ocean in Malibu. It's understood by me that people of course have major problems anywhere (even in such a beautiful place), so it is the constant discussions on camera that got to me.

Maybe your discomfort explains why you used the word "transsexual." Jenner is transgender. Sex and gender aren't the same thing.

"Transsexual people experience a gender identity inconsistent or not culturally associated with their assigned sex, i.e. in which a person's assigned sex at birth conflicts with their psychological gender. A medical diagnosis can be made if a person experiences discomfort as a result of a desire to be a me…"

M. Jenner still has male genitalia. transsexual seems fitting for the time being.

"Time will tell" and plenty of time to judge. (speaking for myself also)....but through all the bullshit from the media, once and awhile some truth sneaks over the wall. http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-SmooLfEN_z8/TftPuc0cEgI/AAAAAAAAA-k/QT8NaRo47I8/s1600/yes.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lE2_4yt0Aow

And the projected $500 Million. He/She will out earn the Kardashians in the near term.

...If someone I knew were transitioning, I'd want to know all about it. But a stranger who I never cared for? Too much information. Maybe I'm just not the target demographic of reality television.

I didn't know she was doing a reality TV show until I read this post. I suggest you do what I do: ignore them. You can't receive "too much information" from something you don't pay attention to.

Guest Starbuck
And you don't think there's a cross sale on E! between the two shows on the same network?

ISC, your original post about the $100 million said, specifically,

Word on the street is Momma Kardashian/Jenner's ex- signed for $100 million as a part of "I am Cait."

The $100 million deal has nothing to do with Kris Jenner appearing on "I am Cait," let alone being a payment for only that. Just wanted to clarify that. That's all.

Hi; I might be in the minority but I'm still trying to think why this is such a big thing and in my opinion this is just going to dis - advance any advance made in acceptance of LBGT and forgive me if I've forgotten an alpha letter, advancement. First, I think Ms. Jenner did this for much awaited publicity, maybe wasn't making enough off cereals anymore. Now we need to walk through and see the entire thing. I'm feeling as a gay guy now more than every that I'll be dissed thanks for Caitlyn's antics. Sorry but my view.

Hi; I might be in the minority but I'm still trying to think why this is such a big thing and in my opinion this is just going to dis - advance any advance made in acceptance of LBGT and forgive me if I've forgotten an alpha letter, advancement. First, I think Ms. Jenner did this for much awaited publicity, maybe wasn't making enough off cereals anymore. Now we need to walk through and see the entire thing. I'm feeling as a gay guy now more than every that I'll be dissed thanks for Caitlyn's antics. Sorry but my view.

Interesting view... Gays say they are born this way. Trans say the same... Gays accept themselves or not, trans spend mega-beaucoup Buck$ fixing themselves.

That ain't the same thing. One is an acceptance thing the other is a CHANGE things. Yet, we get lumped together in the LGBTQ initials.

Archived