Murse / Manbag, you carry one?

dutchmuch
This topic is 3265 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

My pockets simply aren't big enough to carry all my 'stuff', i.e.. I-phone, wallet, travel documents, excess Rolex watches.

Any recommendations?

(I am leaning towards Coach Hudson 5, $450 at Saks Fifth Ave)

http://img1.cohimg.net/is/image/Coach/71710_svbk_a0?fmt=jpeg&wid=1034&qlt=75,1&op_sharpen=1&resMode=bicub&op_usm=1,1,6,0&iccEmbed=0

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like it. It looks like a fashionable laptop bag and can be used that way too.

Warning: Black dye on leather bags can transfer to light colored cotton clothing. Carry it around for about 15 minutes in the store and see if there are any black marks on your shirt.

My pockets simply aren't big enough to carry all my 'stuff', i.e.. I-phone, wallet, travel documents, excess Rolex watches.

Any recommendations?

http://img1.cohimg.net/is/image/Coach/71710_svbk_a0?fmt=jpeg&wid=1034&qlt=75,1&op_sharpen=1&resMode=bicub&op_usm=1,1,6,0&iccEmbed=0

I'm not making fun. But this thread reminded me of this --

Gman

Any recommendations?

Will it match your shoes?

So the emasculation of the American male continues...

Masculine guys still need some way of carrying around large phones and tablets, which didn't exist 10 years ago. These looks like briefcases with shoulder straps, the kind carried by most businessman on Wall Street or in Grand Central Station.

Guest Starbuck

It's a nice bag, and I don't mean this to sound judgmental ... but are you sure?

iPhone in my left front pocket, wallet in my back right pocket, wristwatch on my (wait for it ...) wrist!, travel documents left at home except when I travel across a national border .... and voilà! ... I'm good to go.

There are exceptions (the travel exception, of course ... trips to the gym ... visits to the homes of men who do in-calls) but I have arrived at a time in life at which I am deeply inclined to less stuff, including the kind of stuff in which to keep and carry other stuff.

I would just add (and this part does sound kind of judgmental--sorry!) that the sight of a man rummaging through His Bag for breath spray, or lip balm or a tip for the parking attendant is a known cause of erectile dysfunction in men who would otherwise have been attracted to that guy.

I would just add (and this part does sound kind of judgmental--sorry!) that the sight of a man rummaging through His Bag for breath spray, or lip balm or a tip for the parking attendant is a known cause of erectile dysfunction in men who would otherwise have been attracted to that guy.

That's why I would have my personal assistant carry my man bag. He would be the one searching for all the tchotchkes. :p

Gman

I guess I'm used to guys carrying laptop bags when going out after work, and this one looks like a mid-range version. They usually put them in coat check at lounges and bars, while women keep their bags with them.

I'm not sure I would trust my expensive laptop to a coat check. But I'm not in the high power Manhattan world. Maybe coat check is safer than I think.

Gman

It's a nice bag, and I don't mean this to sound judgmental ... but are you sure?

Starbuck, you totally pegged me. No, I am not sure. Sort of the reason I cam here to ask, and you guys and gals have been helpful, and humor-ful.

To match my shoes, they make them in several colors. No clashing in my ensembles.

http://www.coach.com/coach-mens-leather-business-bags-coach-hudson-5-bag-in-crossgrain-leather/71710.html

Don't do it DM. Not the "man bag" for christ sake. I would go for the messenger bag. Something from LV would be more in keeping with your status.

th?id=JN.0bzx7J00gstzpqITHDcnkw&pid=15.1&P=0:D....but FF is correct, the dye from almost any leather will rub off on light colored clothes. Best to discuss with the sales person. If they are properly trained, they will have that information. ;)

OR should you prefer something, ahem...a little more understated, then I would suggest;

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-D9GgemXJEZA/Uh9rvBM804I/AAAAAAAAG-4/1oHKoyxnC_U/s640/Leather-Messenger-Bag-Men.jpg

Guest countryboywny

I think carrying a bag is more of a pain than it's worth, and I'd probably forget it somewhere and lose it. I carry 2-cellphones, 2-card cases, 1-wallet, and miscellaneous keys, notes and other bullshit. The solution for me is cargo pants and shorts! Lots of pockets for everything I carry.. and.. wait for it.. I'll never forget my pants somewhere. :rolleyes:

I think carrying a bag is more of a pain than it's worth, and I'd probably forget it somewhere and lose it. I carry 2-cellphones, 2-card cases, 1-wallet, and miscellaneous keys, notes and other bullshit. The solution for me is cargo pants and shorts! Lots of pockets for everything I carry.. and.. wait for it.. I'll never forget my pants somewhere. :rolleyes:

Exactly it's a shit magnet... you carry things you don't need and if you need them it takes you longer to find them in there.

Archived