Interesting Color Vision Test

Gar1eth
This topic is 3298 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I manages a few in the low 20s and then a 26. The colors did seem to blend after a bit. It was interesting for me in that the bright and light colors were much easier for me than the darker colors. I have a family history of an eye disease that makes discerning things in the dark very difficult so perhaps I actually have a mild deficit that has been missed.

I manages a few in the low 20s and then a 26. The colors did seem to blend after a bit. It was interesting for me in that the bright and light colors were much easier for me than the darker colors. I have a family history of an eye disease that makes discerning things in the dark very difficult so perhaps I actually have a mild deficit that has been missed.

The article that went along with this-makes mention that this is not to be taken medically. I've taken it multiple times. I think some of the changes in scoring are due to a priming effect of what went before -and as the colors differ-certain shades may be more obvious after certain sequences of colors. Plus the placement of the target shade -sometimes they are in or near the same position on successive figures which might make it easier to pick those up. The ambient lighting in the room where you are might help/hurt as well as the lighting on the screen and the amount of screen reflectivity.

Gman

29 was the higher of my two scores. I was hoping to land a 31 since I supposedly have 26/20 vision!

I would say that this game tests attention and confidence more than it does vision. Try clicking on the square that catches your eye, without wondering "Am I sure that it's different?"

"This may test the quality of your computer's monitor rather than your eyesight."

Corndog, again you’ve impressed me with your analytical insight. I completely overlooked the quality of the monitor being a factor. My best score is 23. Stupid monitor!

Archived