Your Dream City

jack
This topic is 7440 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

So happy that New York, my home town gets so many votes. I love it because it has almost everything you could ever want, is never boring, it is busy 24/7 and just walking the streets is like touring the world. It's really the center of the universe in so many ways. The men aren't bad either since they come from every place on the planet. To me it isn't so much an American city but a city for everyone. 3 cheers for the Big Apple! It gets my vote.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still think New York is the best city for sex, Amsterdam the best city in which to be gay, London the best city for culture, San Francisco the best city for scenic beauty, and Melbourne the best city in which to just relax. Others that I always enjoy visiting are Sydney, Paris, Boston, Berlin and Los Angeles.

Guest vinotinto

I agree. Also, while Thailand can be interesting, the Buddhas are borng after a while. If you have a thing for Asian guys, I agree Bangkok can be fun. If not, go to Rio instead!

Have you ever read "A Confederacy of Dunces"? The Protagonist (and one of my personal heroes) comes up with a scheme to infiltrate the world's armies with homosexuals. That way, he surmises, the soldiers will be too busy flirting with each other and planning fabulous cocktail parties to ever get around to actually waging war.

I think it would work, don't you?

Trix

>Far and away, my favorite city is New York. However, I was

>rarely there this year, opting instead for life in (listed in

>order of preference)

>

>Amsterdam, Sao Paulo, Hong Kong, and London.

>

>On my hitlist for 2004:

>

>San Francisco, Amsterdam, Bratislava, Sydney and Hong Kong.

>

>I agree that the people of Bangkok are wonderful in so many

>ways and I may return in the winter 2004. Bangkok's summer

>heat is too oppressive for my tastes.

Mate, Yada, Yada, Yada. Not that you would remember anybody particularly, but I have promised you that it would be my shout if you ever got that bum down under.

To be perfectly honest, it makes no difference if you come to Sydney.

We have a great life style. And yes the surf life savers do exist.

HOWEVER, to be a clinician[male pleasure], how can you have cred if you don't make an effort to visit the area's that you report on?

Do Hong Kong again. Only the umpteenth time. OOOps, I might try New York for the 18th time.

Oh! I so love Europe, not to mention the UK. And of course, Rio is stunning. Get a life and come to Sydney for Mardi Gras. Unfortunately, I reckon the planes are fully booked, not to mention the hotels.

Still "luv" you and the site, but don't take us Aussies for granted.

My undying love and affection. Richard.

Guest icon513

>Bangkok? Maybe if you got out of the Silom-Suriwongse area

>and met some gay locals who weren't attached to sex

>establishments or discos you'd learn the sad truth; it's about

>as gay friendly a place to actually live as, say, Detroit--may

>be worse. I've lived there and worked with gay NGOs.

>

>These days, my dream city would be New York.

You've got to be kidding! There is no more gay-friendly place in the world, with the possible exception of the Netherlands, than Thailand. I should know...I've lived here 15 years and have visited just about every corner of the country. No matter where you go, no matter how small and remote the village, you find gay men living together in a completely open and unchallenged way. Gay bashing is virtually unheard of, and men can walk hand-in-hand in the most macho of places and elicit nothing more than perhaps a giggle. Try that in most of the non-gentrified neighborhoods of Detroit, and you'd be a dead man. Yes, some light-hearted fun is made of transvestites and extremely effeminate men, but that's about it.

I'm wondering what experiences you had in Thailand, or what you heard when you were here, to result in your completely off-the-wall impression of Thailand as anything else than a completely gay-friendly location?

Guest gentle guy

If only one city is allowed: London. Why? The culture. I am a major anglophile.

(If I can name a hotel, I have wanted to stay in the Chateau Frontenac in Quebec since I was a child and saw a winter picture of it in a book!)

I've been fortunate enough to have traveled to all of the cities listed by the previous poster, but if I had to chose my NUMBER 1 city (for its beauty as well as its men)-- I'd definitely have to choose RIO! Yes, to be in the land amongst and with the cariocas!:9 :9 :9 :9 :9 :9 :9 :9 +

I HOPE this is placed in the area that I intended!

I've been fortunate enough to have traveled to all of the cities listed by the previous poster, but if I had to chose my NUMBER 1 city (for its beauty as well as its men)-- I'd definitely have to choose RIO! Yes, to be in the land amongst and with the cariocas!:9 :9 :9 :9 :9 :9 :9 :9 +

I HOPE this is placed in the area that I intended!

Meds! Seriously, hon. Been where you are, done it, don't EVER want to do it again. Thanks to modern pharmacology I'm alive, well, and living in Rio with the guy of my dreams. Don't even stop to think about it. Call a good psychopharmacologist and get out of that funk!

Archived