Resolutions!

wisconsinguy
This topic is 3452 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Hey WG- I know a resolution you WILL NOT be making! ;) Hope you're feeling much better. Happy New Year!

~Boomer ~

Boomer, For sure! The foot/ankle is doing great. It's the cast that stays on till 1/26. Won't stop me from getting to the lovely city of Chicago and all it has to offer! Happy New Year to you too!!! Thanks

I don't make New Year resolutions as the likelihood of actually keeping them is remote at best. Which is true for practically everyone. Instead my resolutions are centered around my birthday, which is August 1. Reflecting on what personal improvement or lifestyle changes to be accomplished by the next birthday. So, at 52, I'm shoring up my 401K and future retirement planning. So far so good in that realm. 

I don't make New Year resolutions as the likelihood of actually keeping them is remote at best. Which is true for practically everyone. Instead my resolutions are centered around my birthday, which is August 1. Reflecting on what personal improvement or lifestyle changes to be accomplished by the next birthday. So, at 52, I'm shoring up my 401K and future retirement planning. So far so good in that realm. 
I also do not do the resolutions thing for the same reasons. I do use use this time, like other times in the year, to pull back and look at me. My actions, finances, how I interact with patients, and what I would like to different. I do wait for a new year to do these things.

Guest boiworship08

The one thing I hate about early January is how crowded the gym will be. Those resolutions will peter out in a few weeks, however.

Here is the Readers' Digest Condensed Version of mine (the "full monty" has more detail/measurable expectations):

Think happy thoughts, drink water, eat fruit, read books, floss, and change jobs. These are all things I believe will bring me greater health and happiness.

T

Archived