SPAM of the week

Trixie
This topic is 7484 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

YOu are lucky. The ones I keep getting from all kinds of sources are ones telling me I can have free access to the Paris Hilton tape (as if I would even be interested in looking at the Paris Hilton tape - ever). I checked one time and I was offered the same thing from 15 different sources at the same time. Also got offered the same thing from sources that weren't considered SPAM. Did anyone take a look at the b*******y thing??? If so, WHY!!!

Apparently Paris Hilton and her boy friend made an x-rated tape of them having sex. Somebody got hold of it and they started putting it out on the internet. Seems like everybody and his brother got hold of the tape and I got so far about 50 different sources for this tape that I can click onto to see it (as if I were even remotely interested in Paris Hilton on her best day). Some came through as spam and some came through without being detected as spam.

I don't see how all these people got this tape and thought they could get anything from spreading it around.

Just out of curiosity, has anyone noticed there is less spam on Yahoo as opposed to AOL and Hotmail?

I have all three but I hardly ever get spam to my Yahoo! account. It used to be if an AOL account didn't go into the chat rooms they didn't get spam. However, I now gets tons on my AOL even though I have never been into a chat room with my main account.

Does anyone else see any differences between the services?

Isn't her then boyfriend on the tape a semi-famous actor? Isn't he also suing her for slander based on her comments about a private tape finding it's way into the public domain?

>

>I don't see how all these people got this tape and thought

>they could get anything from spreading it around.

Of course, they'll get money from it! If a celebrity is involved (even a minor one like Paris Hilton) interest soars. How many people paid money for the Rob Lowe tape that showed him getting a blow job or the Pamela Anderson/Tommy Lee sex tape? Would you pay to see some hot actor you like getting it on, no holds barred? I'm pretty darn sure I would, just to satisfy my prurient interests in him!

:p

>As many as 12 in a single day.

Sigh. Oh, Trixie, I almost cried when I saw that! It so touching to hear from someone so unjaded and uncorrupted. I get about two hundred spam messages a day now; I'm sure others here get a lot more than that.

I fervently hope that someday soon the spammers will be gathered up and sent to a remote, disease infested island to fight each for the opportunity to eat insects for the rest of their lives.

...Hoover

RE: Paris Hilton

Ok, VaHawk, now I really feel out of touch... who on Earth is Paris Hilton, and why would anyone want to see her having sex? I do spend alot of time staring blankly at the gossip rags while waiting (forever!) to check out thru the "express lane" at the grocery store, but apparently I have learned nothing!

Trix

I don't see how an anti-spam bill in congress could help, seeing how most of the generic prescriptions/penis enlargement/pretty underage playthings spams that come to me seem to originate from outside the US. Sometimes I look at the country codes and can't even imagine what country they might be from!

Trix

trixie, though i only know you through your posts here, this really made me laugh! <<Sigh. Oh, Trixie, I almost cried when I saw that! It so touching to hear from someone so unjaded and uncorrupted>> ;)

and, to answer your question; paris hilton and (i think) her twin sister are heirs to the hilton hotel fortune. they will be appearing on some tv show, starting sometime this week, i believe.

Unidentified Meat Of The Week

The technology column of the Los Angeles Times reported a few months back on a movement by some of the companies with a significant stake in "e-commerce" to attempt some software changes which could potentially have an impact on spam. For those who are familiar with the Privacy Director telephone service (call management software), it screens all calls with several steps beyond simple Caller ID. The concepts are similar, except it would create financial costs to transfer e-mails. For example, all e-mails from your relatives and the like, could go through (you would still need to check these for viruses and "hijacked" communications), but e-mails from unknown senders would need to be either approved by you to go through or the senders would need to pay (as with snail mail).

Unfortunately, this would still place much on the onus on screening e-mail on the recipient.

>Congress keeps trying to regulate the internet. They don't

>get it.

>

>The internet is not governed by any single jurisdiction, and

>it CERTAINLY isn't governed by the US Congress.

Well, actually, they can regulate what passes over USA telephone lines, communication cables, etc. and into USA homes--the question is whether they can enforce it.:+

Archived