Ferguson

armadillo
This topic is 1734 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Hmmm...I'm sure its all just a coincidence.

Deaths Of Six Men Tied To Ferguson Protests Prompt Fear Of Sinister Connection

By JIM SALTER

March 17, 2019 1:00 pm

FERGUSON, Mo. (AP) — Two young men were found dead inside torched cars. Three others died of apparent suicides. Another collapsed on a bus, his death ruled an overdose.

Six deaths, all involving men with connections to protests in Ferguson, Missouri, drew attention on social media and speculation in the activist community that something sinister was at play.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/deaths-of-six-men-tied-to-ferguson-protests-prompt-fear-of-sinister-connection

I read that yesterday. Creepy.

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Five Years After Michael Brown’s Death, His Father Wants a New Investigation

But Ferguson, its residents say, has also stubbornly remained the same place. Black people are still stopped by the police at disproportionate levels. The poverty rate remains above 20 percent. The police department lacks a neighborhood policing plan and has failed to collect data on police use of force.

Sad but not surprising!

It always surprised me that of all places in the St. Louis area for this crap to happen it would be Ferguson that would make the news. There are places in the St. Louis area that seem much worse than Ferguson, but I'll admit I'm on the outside looking in. If I remember correctly, I believe there is now a higher percentage of black officers on the police force, but I think people are disappointed more progress hasn't been made. From time to time you hear about groups getting together to discuss various situations, but I'm not sure anything is ever accomplished. Of course, maybe good things are happening, and you just don't hear about it. Sometimes we dwell too much on the negative. It's more newsworthy.