In Augusta, enjoying the golf

MrMiniver
This topic is 3694 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

So I'm in August enjoying one of the greatest sporting events of the year. Lots of gay golf fans, which is nice to see, and many more straight ones :)

Had a chance to chat for a couple minutes with 20 year old Jordan Spieth (whose girlfriend is a total knockout), the hot American golfer of the moment. I'm not sure if this comes across on TV, but he is very good looking and just loaded with charisma. Really nice and grounded young man (and only 20?). He keeps calling me "mister" which, of course, makes me feel old but it's a sign of respect.

Lots of other nice guys down here and the weather couldn't be more perfect. Every one should experience this magical place at least once in life .... it's just so beautiful.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So how is Rory's "big buldge" in person? ...and hmmm Augusta is gay friendly but not woman friendly? or have they dropped the discrimination policies against women?

Well, I'm not going to get into this but it's a private club. They can have who they want as members. There was no discrimination. And women and any one else was always welcome here. Furthermore, there are now 2 female members of the club: Condie Rice and Darla Moore. Enough said about that subject.

The club has always been welcoming so I'm not sure about the "gay friendly" remark. It's very southern hospitality sort of thing. Gay people love golf and tradition, too. More than you'd think :)

So how is Rory's "big buldge" in person? ...and hmmm Augusta is gay friendly but not woman friendly? or have they dropped the discrimination policies against women?

Rory's "buldge" is just fine. He looks fitter to me this year. Nice guy, usually, but he's having trouble pulling his game together. There's a couple of real fatties this year: Stadler and that awful Patrick Reed. 25 years old and already very arrogant. As a friend said "he's too young and has had too many cheeseburgers to be that full of himself. "

total golf nut here so i am EXTREMELY JEALOUS of you. Not much i would not do for a masters badge. I was lucky to get to go in 2002 and 2004. I think Jordan Spieth is incredibly HOT!!!!!!! I am also a big Adam Scott fan as well. enjoy the final round! http://www.rentboy.com/magicmikey (btw there are really good pics of my 9 IRON on the site!!! lol)

total golf nut here so i am EXTREMELY JEALOUS of you. Not much i would not do for a masters badge. I was lucky to get to go in 2002 and 2004. I think Jordan Spieth is incredibly HOT!!!!!!! I am also a big Adam Scott fan as well. enjoy the final round! http://www.rentboy.com/magicmikey (btw there are really good pics of my 9 IRON on the site!!! lol)

Just heading out. Beautiful here. Adam Scott is so awesome as well. One of the nicest guys ever as well.

I've had the pleasure of visiting that beautiful sanctuary a number of times in the past, but couldn't make it this year. The weather has been delightful in this neck of the woods. Congrats to those who enjoyed the action this past week. And congrats to ole Bubba for a second win. Impressive indeed!

...and hmmm Augusta is gay friendly but not woman friendly? or have they dropped the discrimination policies against women?

Ho hum, once again the Cult of Victimhood rears its ugly head. What's wrong with Augusta National history of excluding female members? Nobody seems to have a problem with sororities. Sometimes the guys just wanna hang out with other guys, away from the womenfolk. Likewise women often enjoy outings with "just the girls." Castrating harridans, oh excuse me, feminists like Martha Burk just don't seem to get that fundamental aspect of human nature. Or maybe Martha Burk does get it, but she thinks playing the victim so much darn FUN!!

Put me down as an Adam Scott fan. Played around yesterday. It was a great day to play. Came back and watched the Masters. Damn , why can't I play like that. Spieth is a local favorite here as his parents graduated from a local high school so he has been on our radar for a couple years now. Heard he is a very poised young man. Glad he did do well. Golf is a great game. Always makes me grin when someone yells , " get in the hole " as I'm thinking that's my goal ! LOL

I used to live on the other side of the fence of the 15th hole. I've never been on the Augusta National course, but I can tell you that life on the other side of the fence was not very elegant or beautiful. These were some early '70s style apartments that were already transitioning into crapholes in the mid '80s. But the price was right (roughly $300 a month) and the location was fantastic, so there I lived.

I knew that I near the 15th, because I was watching the Masters on television with my balcony door open, and every time the action moved to the 15th and there was applause, I could hear the same applause coming beyond the thickly shrubbed fence that separated golfing elites from Augusta's huddled, apartment-dwelling masses!

(And yes, there is lots of eye candy on the course).

Spieth is a cutie pie but do I detect a little attitude there? Whatever happened to hottie Thorbjorn Oleson?

What you call attitude, others calls "balls." I don't think Jordan has an attitude at all. He's competitive. He's also 20 years old. Just think of what you were doing at that age. I can't think of another person his age on that kind of stage with that kind of composure and class (Justin Bieber? Any NBA player you can name?). I think what he said afterwards really summed things up ... "This really stings right now but all I want to do is go back out there and try again." That's the kind of attitude that will set him apart.

Augusta was great this past week. I think the USA Today headline sums it up "Watson wins the Masters, Speith wins the weekend." Or something to that effect.

I watched he and Bubba put a bit around 30 mins before their tee off time on Sunday and they were laughing and joking around and very relaxed. In what other sport would you find two fierce competitors doing that right before the biggest moment of their careers? It was great to see ...

I've been coming here for a long time and this was one of the best weeks ever in this hallowed place. Can't wait until next year. Some friends who went said they enjoy going to the practice rounds, less people, more up close with the players. I'm thinking I might try that next year, although, as has been noted this is the toughest sporting event in the world to get tickets to.

Adam Scott ... now he's good looking in that "Could Make It in Hollywood" kind of way.

http://images.smh.com.au/ftsmh/ffximage/2009/08/14/adam_scott_wideweb__470x313,0.jpg

One of the coolest things about Adam Scott is that he has absolutely no idea that he's that hot. None. You couldn't find a nicer, more modest guy anywhere.

One of the things I've always loved about golf (aside from the game) is that, for the most part, it's the greatest group of guys you'd ever think you'd meet in the sporting world. Grounded, decent people. There are a few I can't stand (Sergio Garcia, Ian Poulter, Tiger on off days, a few others) because they're arrogant and often jerks but just about everyone else I've met over the years are terrific. Can't say that about too many sports.

Adam Scott ... now he's good looking in that "Could Make It in Hollywood" kind of way.

http://images.smh.com.au/ftsmh/ffximage/2009/08/14/adam_scott_wideweb__470x313,0.jpg

One of the coolest things about Adam Scott is that he has absolutely no idea that he's that hot. None. You couldn't find a nicer, more modest guy anywhere.

One of the things I've always loved about golf (aside from the game) is that, for the most part, it's the greatest group of guys you'd ever think you'd meet in the sporting world. Grounded, decent people. There are a few I can't stand (Sergio Garcia, Ian Poulter, Tiger on off days, a few others) because they're arrogant and often jerks but just about everyone else I've met over the years are terrific. Can't say that about too many sports.

Bubba Watson is a fine golfer. But on a number of occasions he uses the bible to bash gay people. I like his sense of humility and appreciation for what golf has given him. Perhaps in time he will become more tolerant, and more educated in what the bible is and is not.

With Mr Watson it is where he is from: Baghdad, Fla. That area is called , "the redneck Riveara," for a reason. It is close to Destin, Navarre and Pensacola so amazing beaches but it is the BUCKLE of the Bible belt big time. When i used to have a regular client there he would actually fly me into Eglin AIR FORCE BASE. I was terrified. It is a Huge military area as well. All of this explains Bubbas attitude. Despite all of that he is an amazing player.

Bubba Watson is a fine golfer. But on a number of occasions he uses the bible to bash gay people. I like his sense of humility and appreciation for what golf has given him. Perhaps in time he will become more tolerant, and more educated in what the bible is and is not.

Since I teach, language is important to me and I don't think what Bubba does is "bash" gay people. Fred Phelps bashed gay people. Bubba Watson -- and a good many other Christians -- has a deeply held set of religious beliefs that lead him to believe that homosexuality is a sin. I don't happen to agree with him. It's also not a "lack of education." It's a case of interpretation and you're not going to change that.

I'm more concerned about the Muslim world, most of which wants to kill me and others like me. The Bubba Watsons of the world don't faze me.

I agree with you. Language is important. When one uses the bible as a weapon, then the word "bashing" is used correctly. And most of the Muslim world wants to kill you? Seriously? There are fanatics in all religious communities. I don't believe that constitutes "most." Generalizations are always unwise. Surely a teacher knows this simple fact. Cheers.

I agree with you. Language is important. When one uses the bible as a weapon' date=' then the word "bashing" is used correctly. And most of the Muslim world wants to kill you? Seriously? There are fanatics in all religious communities. I don't believe that constitutes "most." Generalizations are always unwise. Surely a teacher knows this simple fact. Cheers.[/quote']

+1

I agree with you. Language is important. When one uses the bible as a weapon, then the word "bashing" is used correctly. And most of the Muslim world wants to kill you? Seriously? There are fanatics in all religious communities. I don't believe that constitutes "most." Generalizations are always unwise. Surely a teacher knows this simple fact. Cheers.

Why don't you try studying the Muslim religion and get back to me? I completely stand by my statement. And I don't see Mr. Watson using the "bible as a weapon." If you seriously don't think that the vast majority of the Muslim world doesn't hate homosexuals and want them dead, you're entitled to that opinion but it's completely an entirely wrong.

Archived