In Augusta, enjoying the golf

MrMiniver
This topic is 3694 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Since I teach, language is important to me and I don't think what Bubba does is "bash" gay people. Fred Phelps bashed gay people. Bubba Watson -- and a good many other Christians -- has a deeply held set of religious beliefs that lead him to believe that homosexuality is a sin. I don't happen to agree with him. It's also not a "lack of education." It's a case of interpretation and you're not going to change that.

I'm more concerned about the Muslim world, most of which wants to kill me and others like me. The Bubba Watsons of the world don't faze me.

The Bubba Watsons of the world may not faze you, but I would not want to be a gay teenager in a southern or mid-west town in the U.S. full of people with deeply held religious beliefs that lead them to believe homosexuality is a sin. I fail to understand why religious beliefs in the Muslim world were introduced in this thread, especially as the thread was ending. The subject deserves its own thread.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived