Eat your shellfish, boy!

nate_sf
This topic is 3689 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Thanks for this fun post, Nate, and most of these folks don't have the faintest idea of what implications the name of their business might have,although perhaps in SF that was chosed deliberately, especially with the Cigar smoking clam with the glint in the eye!

Thanks for this fun post, Nate, and most of these folks don't have the faintest idea of what implications the name of their business might have,although perhaps in SF that was chosed deliberately, especially with the Cigar smoking clam with the glint in the eye!

I think they knew exactly what they were doing. I can't find a picture of it, but somewhere in Texas there was a billboard of a half-naked Mexican guy holding a window for a window/interior design company claiming they were 'always hung straight'. You wanted to laugh, but it was pretty crude.

Incidentally there used to be a local firm called The S&M Paint Company. They also had a fleet of trucks. Alas, they are now defunct. The S & M was based on the owners initials. I guess he figured that The SM Paint Company did not quite have that special ring to it. No pics of his trucks, but a search did reveal that S&M figures in the names of quite a few establishments. I doubt any are coincidental!!!

Many industries are represented. Still, I have not yet found an S&M Dental Group... They all use the tame SM version. I wonder why... It must stand for Smile Maker??!! LOL!

Guest Starbuck

Sorry if this is moving the subject too far afield from shellfish and S&M, but reading this thread reminded me of a crane service company in the state where I grew up; you'd notice their vehicles and equipment at industrial construction sites not just because they were bright yellow, but because of the two word description right under the company name: STEEL ERECTIONS.

Archived