Log Entry #1 NationWide Road Trip

DavidGartner
This topic is 7556 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Thursday Sept 18th.

Light creeks its way into my room as the sun rises up from its late night sleep. I crawl out of bed, and take a minute to take in the warm morning sun. The day Ive been waiting for months has finally snuck up on me and I welcome it with a big smile and jump off in the shower to get my day going!

I packed my stuff the night before and start loading it into my little Rav4. The poor car, the mileage will be endless on it, but at the same time I will never have a chance to do it again and am really excited. I sit down in my room, and drink my morning coffee and of course enjoy a few episodes of "The Nanny", I need a little humour of course before I begin to endure the countless hours of driving.

I make sure everything is check, underwear CHECK! Ive forgotten that too many times before, Soaks.. check!.. pants, shirts yup yup and .. yup my 4 pair of shoes! I set up my laptop beside me with some DVD's.. Clueless and The Ring. I have my tape attachement.. so I can plug it into my car.. so I can listen to the DVD's surround sound while driving!

The Hollywood freeway it seems no matter what time of day it is ALWAYS seems to have traffic and probably spend about.. 2hrs in traffic before I finally get on my way. Ive never travelled along the 10 freeway before and its all new scenery, I cant help but just glance around me at the countless mountains nad breathe taking scenery... too some boring but not to a Canadian boy, where desert and its mysteries are unseen to me. Passing through Palm Springs, and seeing Joshua Trees was amazing! Cactus's, new and mysterious trees I have never seen before, and the awesomeness of the mountains that made me look so little was just overwhelming!

As the evening neared and the sun just slowly disappeared.. the orange glow of the sky enveloped me, the mountains seem to have a warm glow as the warm rays caused the mountains to cast dark shadows all around me... It was amazing, I couldnt help but just stare at the most beautiful site I had ever seen.

Darkness quickly overcame me, and nothing could be seen except sign after sign of where I was to be headed.. which was Phoenix, also when I had arrived there I of course decided not to stay there afterall and to continue on my journey towards San Antonio Texas. Im crazy like that, I didnt know when I was gonna sleep but I kinda wanted to make some impressive time and meet my good online bud Ben. I had talked to him a few times before I made my official plans and I was more then excited to meet this cool guy.

The hours rolled by, listenin to my music and finally popped in the newly bought DVD's, the first one clueless was soo funny, then the second.. The Ring. WOWOWOWOW OMG , it scared the BIJESUS outta me! I yelled a few times in the car.. NOT good while driving.. I get scared easily.. but I intensely watched it while keeping my eye on the road! I was also scoping down some NO DOZE.. lol 5am rolls around and well.. I have just passed El Paso Texas.. but I must admit.. I was going a little crazy.. my head was tingling and i knew that i wouldnt impress myself if i fell asleep.. so i pulled over and got a room.. However.. when i finally got into bed.. and my body .. just exhausted.. crashed.. I couldnt help but think of the movie I had watched.. "The Ring" I couldnt sleep I was too scared.. so I had to turn on some lights.. until the sun came out to go to sleep.. and I was soooo tired.. but the movie.. YIKES!

I got up around 11am and got on the road quickly.... my huge migrane.. no doubt from all the NO DOZE i took.. took about an hour to subside. I could finally see where I was travelling to, Texas is just miles and miles and miles of Mountains and never ending pavement, it quickly changed as I was about 400miles outside San Antonio and sweet little Ben of course had called me to check up on me and see how I was doing. aww aint he a dear. ALTHOUGH I warn ALL SPRINT users to KEEP away from this part of texas.. LOL I swear I had NOOO reception for about 5 hrs! untill you reach about 100miles outside San Antonio. I pulled over to eat.. and of course checked out a few little hotties.. no doubt red neck as hell and I of course made sure I never looked like i was looking.. didnt want them to break out there shovels and come after me!!

I rolled into San Antonio around 6:30pm Friday evening ( the 19th ) and was warmly greated by Ben and his wonderful boyfriend David which I later went out with and he showed me a great night on the town, both of them are wonderful and intelligent and great to talk to. Ben had gone to sleep .. he jus lazy! I am so glad I met them and decided to come to San Antonio to meet them, it was well worth it and I know we will be friends forever to come :) lol but thats my log for today.. im laying in bed and jus wanted to share with you in detail so you can jus visualise my awesome day today and I will share more when I travel next .. not sure when to New orleans ! Share your thought on this.. and if you think I should even write this.. not sure if you are interested to know on my thoughts :p Untill later then :p

Love ya all David xo

David keep writing if for no other reason it reminds me of when I was about your age and did like things. In fact, even at my age I'm ready to pack it all in and hit the road without much aim. Very enjoyable, I'll keep reading, stay safe man.

Travel blogs

David,

I will enjoy reading more about your trip. I posted a similar thread when I went to New York. (taking a bite out of the Big Apple). I posted more for me than others. It gave me a diary of experiences that made it easier to remember the high points. But it also had the added benefit of having a way to print out for a hard copy when I got back home, thus making it easier to save as well.

I wasn't sure that others would even be interested in it, but it turned out that many were.

I look forward to the next installment. Let me also encourage you to plant plenty of specifics about places that you visit, and the people that you meet. Names aren't necessary, but body descriptions, sexual acts, and size measurements can be fun to read. heheh. }(

I absolutely agree. If you speed by everything in the dark, you might as well be on an airplane. In the same situation, and I too wish that I were, I would be getting out of the car every two hours or so for at least a 10 - 15 minute walk. May I suggest that you join AAA, if you haven't already, and get their state books. They offer many notes on even fairly small towns and even if you don't stop, you will know much more about what you are seeing from a short distance.

And, when you coming up to a city, a bit more than 24 hour notice with a threat that if you don't get an answer right away you're likely to go right past them would be handy, too. Anyone, telemarketer or not, who tells me that I have to make my decision right now or lose the chance walks away with the chance in his pocket. Even if you do start planning a week ahead, you would still have the freedom to adjust your schedule until you are pegged to certain days by what you want - sales! My theater ( TbirdTh.com ), since it is does all of its performances "on tour" and advertises mostly through fax and the internet has the same freedom. So far this season, one play has been pushed back twice before landing with a definite sale on its opening day and one play is likely to be cancelled. You could easily do the same thing with cities.

>David,

>

>A suggestion: If you would answer your email, you might have

>a lot more clients along your trip. :-

The reason why I may not be answering my emails along the way is because Im probably on the road, OR Im getting an email from a city thats really far up on my schedule.. IE im in San Antonio and someone is emailing me from NYC or chicago etc etc and i havnent even been to houston/new orleans/atlanta. I cant respond with any kind of confirmation on dates because I dont know how long it will take me to get there untill I get to the city before. IE right now im suppose to be in atlanta from my "ideal schedule" but im still in san antonio and need to go to houston then to new orleans then to atlanta.. ya see im already like a week behind my original schedule.

Archived