Friends-Melancholic But On The Other Hand Great

Gar1eth
This topic is 3775 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Beautiful, and thank you. Agree as well. Makes me feel a bit melancholic, guilty. I truly was thinking about starting up my voice lessons again. Going to do it for 2014.

I tried voice lessons. Unfortunately you 1st have to have a voice to develop. My three note range just couldn't cut it. One of my deep regrets among many.

Gman

I tried voice lessons. Unfortunately you 1st have to have a voice to develop. My three note range just couldn't cut it. One of my deep regrets among many.

Gman

I have a pretty good range. In fact, tried out for Maria in the Sound of Music. Don't have the legs for dresses however. And, when the captain and I were to kiss, didn't sit well with the principal.

I wonder if they're actually trying to be a bit comedic since these songs are traditionally heard in a much different, more upbeat way......

they certainly are talented....

Seems that these songs are usually upbeat but the words are usually lost in those versions, here the words are front and center and these talented gentlemen bring real emotion to those words.

At first I wasn't going to watch the video and was only going to offer one of my usual snide comments (which I'll do anyway) - wisconsinguy, isn't this your big weekend coming up? And you can sing too? I'm put in mind of Madeline Kahn's Lily von Stupp role in Young Frankenstein when she first met up with Peter Boyle's character - "Ah, Sweet Mystery of Life, At Lat I've Found You." - I hope you'll be singing that too and now that I know you can sing, I expect to hear those beautiful strains leaking through my windows several times this weekend.

Now my non-snide post: Thanks, Gman, for these postings. I was captivated by the Friends piece especially. These guys can really sing and it was a stroke of genius to slow that number down and play to the lyric in a more true-to-life interpretation. Loved it. Second clip good too, but for me not on the same level.

Archived