Sun Country Airlines

Bosguy
This topic is 3780 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Starting to plan my trip to Palm Springs in March and came across Sun Country. I honestly had never heard of them but they have a very good fare from BOS to PSP with a stop in Minneapolis. Length of travel is not bad either. I could also fly into Las Vegas and drive to PS. Maybe I could spend a night in Vegas and find a hot guy :-) to show me the ropes.

I'd appreciate any info.

Thanks

Boston Bill

several options....one is to fly to Ontario, about 60-75 minutes drive from Palm Spgs, on Southwest.....or LAX, about two hours drive from Palm Spgs, but with many more flight choices....seems Las Vegas is too far a drive, but, if you have other reasons to specifically go there, could work.....but if this Sun Country thing is as good as you say, that could be the best way....

Starting to plan my trip to Palm Springs in March and came across Sun Country. I honestly had never heard of them but they have a very good fare from BOS to PSP with a stop in Minneapolis. Length of travel is not bad either. I could also fly into Las Vegas and drive to PS. Maybe I could spend a night in Vegas and find a hot guy :-) to show me the ropes.

I'd appreciate any info.

Thanks

Boston Bill

Only airline that has ever lost my luggage, and when it was found it was damaged and they wouldn't do anything about it. I flew out of MSP to Toronto, I think.

Thanks guys. Chris I'm not surprised--their website is very vague and I couldn't even figure out how to get specific info. Lost luggage is a real downer when you're heading out for fun and friends in the sun.

AZD and Sam--Now I remember when Tyger heads to PS, he always flies into Ontario and rents a car. That's definitely the way to go. Maybe Tyger can give me a "ride"

Thanks again

Boston Bill

I flew that airline from DC and it was good. planes are a bit old though (old 737's) but the first class ticket from DCA to Lansing non stop was less expensive than the coach tickets of any other airline for that route. it was good for a trip here and there but I usually stick to the same airline when I travel to rack up my miles and free upgrades etc.....but sun country was ok for me and I travel a LOT so have a lot of experience with airlines.

I also flew with Sun Country Airlines a couple of times out of MSP. They use the small and newer Terminal 2 (Humphrey Terminal). If you connect with a different airline (other than Sun Country and Southwest) allow at least 30 extra minutes to transfer. Sun Country is a small airline with very competitive prices. My experience was smooth, nothing to complain about. You got to love the exotic name of the airline when you land in Minneapolis and the temperature is -40 Fahrenheit.

http://i717.photobucket.com/albums/ww173/prestonjjrtr/Winter/bth_winter_smilies_0012.gif

and the temperature is -40 Fahrenheit.[/color]

-40 is the only temperature in which you don't have to specify Fahrenheit or Centigrade, since it's the same in both temperature scales. I heard on the radio that Minneapolis was going to have four days straight in which the high temperature would not reach 0 F = -17.8 C . If it's that bad there, I can't imagine what it must be like in Winnipeg!

http://trettinanting.blogspirit.com/images/medium_freezing.jpg

Archived