Before and After

nate_sf
This topic is 3783 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I ran across this interesting article and infographics showing the smoke and mirrors behind those "before and after" photos. Turns out the secret is to start with a great "after" and work backwards. But also some useful tips for highlighting your best assets to look good in your Grindr photos!

http://www.fastcoexist.com/3021203/the-secret-tricks-behind-misleading-images-of-fitness-success#1

Thank Nate. I got into a rather "heated" discussion with Anthony Dixon about his before and after photos over on HuffPo a few months ago. Not so much about the photos. I knew the tricks and really wasn't surprised. But one thing he was peddling was that in the shots he was at about 16-18% bodyfat. I think he's much closer to 12-14%. I know it's harder for me to show 6 pack abs because of my advanced age, but I'm at 11.8% bodyfat (tested and confirmed in the Bod Pod, the most accurate method available). And I'm no where near having a 6 pack. At my age, I'll probably have to go to 6-8% at least to have 6 pack. If it's even possible. But for a guy his age, he'll show a 6 pack like that only at the 12-14% body fat. Not at 16-18%. At least not in my experience.

Thanks for the link Nate.

I am not worried about having a terrible before, I need some hints about the great after.

If I were to do a before and after the before would stand for before the flood and the after would stand for after being whooped with the ugly stick.

Some people can not take a bad picture, I can not stand looking at my bad pictures.

Ah life is short, and beauty is fleeting. Mine won an Olympic gold for speed.

Archived