Ranking of 50 hottest Jewish men in Hollywood.

McLeanspider
This topic is 3936 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I must say this topic strikes me as somewhat bizarre and something of a throw-back to days, fortunately, gone by. I am 72 years old, was born and raised in Southern California, and recognize most of the guys on this list. What I didn’t know was that many of them are Jewish. Would someone please explain to me why the fact that they are Jewish is remotely interesting and worthy of discussion? Why should anyone care whether or not they are Jewish, Islamic, Hindu, Roman Catholic, Evangelical Christian or atheists? What’s the fucking point?

Well, to be honest (and I'm Jewish so I can say this), Jews have never been known for our muscular bodies or cover-boy good looks. When most people think of famous Jews, their initial mental images will likely be of Albert Einstein, Sigmund Freud, and perhaps Grouch Marx, none of whom will be mistaken for Brad Pitt anytime soon. We've always been thought of more for our brains, comedic abilities, and musical talents. So yes, it is fascinating to see a thread with images of hot looking Jewish guys.

Bozo

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There y'go, Bozo. As a landsman, I agree.

And while my tastes in men are -- to use the secular sense of the phrase -- quite catholic (and include many catholics, especially italians, latinos .... etc) I must admit to feeling a certain thrill when I find a haimishe kesher with a hot Israeli.

Maybe its thinking back to when I was still a hottie, and first learned to say "F*** me!" in Hebrew ... ;)

I still remember when I first saw Barak's tattoo (the masseur, not the president); it spells out in biblical Hebrew (across his lower back, if I recall) the passage in Leviticus 19:28 that is generally interpreted as forbidding tattoos!

Well, to be honest (and I'm Jewish so I can say this), Jews have never been known for our muscular bodies or cover-boy good looks.

That was the stereotype going back to before WW2. But all the intermarriage over the years has really changed things. (I'm the product of an intermarriage several generations up.) Also, Israelis (for some odd reason) have more than their fair share of hotties. Check out all the IDF hotties videos; you don't see those for most militaries.

how about this gem?

it's from leviticus 19-29, just after "the tats are bad" statement.

כט אַל-תְּחַלֵּל אֶת-בִּתְּךָ, לְהַזְנוֹתָהּ; וְלֹא-תִזְנֶה הָאָרֶץ, וּמָלְאָה הָאָרֶץ זִמָּה

Profane not thy daughter, to make her a prostitute, lest the land fall into prostitution, and the land become full of lewdness.

so if there are prostitutes, the land becomes full of lewdness?

that's why I don't follow the bible. well, that and the tat thing. and the circumcision thing. and the haircutting thing. and the eating thing. and the - oy vey, the list is too long for me to continue.

the whole thing's meshugganah to me. and yet part of me embraces it.

...now there's the duality of being jewish.

Archived