Avoiding Yahoo email upgrade?

jackhammer91406
This topic is 3965 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I have several email accounts with yahoo email. I like the classic basic format and whenever I have been asked to upgrade I have avoided it on all the accounts but one. I mistakenly hit the wrong button and ended up with the "new improved" product. Can you detect the sarcasm in my last sentence? The new format is pretty awful (not to be over dramatic) and I really don't like it.

Today one of the email accounts took me to a "today's the day" page which forces an "upgrade" on me. There appear to be no alternatives. The end result is I have not opened my email on that account because I have not hit the "upgrade" button so can only get to homepage.I have thought about changing providers but all of the email addresses and stored emails would be hard to transfer. I am not a tech wizard but I am hoping someone has a bypass which can be explained even to someone as dense as me so that I can continue to keep these accounts.

Any Help?

I have several email accounts with yahoo email. I like the classic basic format and whenever I have been asked to upgrade I have avoided it on all the accounts but one. I mistakenly hit the wrong button and ended up with the "new improved" product. Can you detect the sarcasm in my last sentence? The new format is pretty awful (not to be over dramatic) and I really don't like it.

Today one of the email accounts took me to a "today's the day" page which forces an "upgrade" on me. There appear to be no alternatives. The end result is I have not opened my email on that account because I have not hit the "upgrade" button so can only get to homepage.I have thought about changing providers but all of the email addresses and stored emails would be hard to transfer. I am not a tech wizard but I am hoping someone has a bypass which can be explained even to someone as dense as me so that I can continue to keep these accounts.

Any Help?[/color][/size][/font]

Gmail is your friend. I had much of the same problems with a Yahoo and 2 ATT&T emails. After working for a couple of days trying to resolve the issue, I decided to abandon all Yahoo and ATT emails, and enlisted the help of my neighbor, to complete the transfer to gmail...infinitely better.

Gmail is your friend. I had much of the same problems with a Yahoo and 2 ATT&T emails. After working for a couple of days trying to resolve the issue, I decided to abandon all Yahoo and ATT emails, and enlisted the help of my neighbor, to complete the transfer to gmail...infinitely better.

My first thought when I read the title of the post was "get GMail." However, GMail itself went through an upgrade in the not-so-distant past. Personally, I like the new GMail better than the old one.

I'm afraid I can't help you, jackhammer, because I had the same problem. When they warned that one would have to "upgrade" by July 9, I reluctantly went to the new version, and I don't like it either. The only interesting point that I have discovered is that it seems to at least work for me better on Chrome than on IE, where it is a mess.

My advice: Just stay off the web if you don't like change. Agree to use no apps, no websites, no interfaces of any kind.

God, you all sound like a bunch of old ladies, complaining about the coming of the blasted printing press :)

If one is of a belligerent bent, one could aptly be called a Luddite. OR start using Braille.

My advice: Just stay off the web if you don't like change. Agree to use no apps, no websites, no interfaces of any kind.

God, you all sound like a bunch of old ladies, complaining about the coming of the blasted printing press :)

I'm a fairly young lady and have been using the Internet since 1992, back in the days of Unix-based clients. So I've seen a lot of change.

I agree that the Yahoo! and Google mail changes--which make the web clients look more like Outlook-- are for the worse, and I've tried to avoid upgrading. These companies don't offer support anyway, so there's no reason they can't run two versions of the clients.

Archived