The King Debuts his Bacon Sundae.....

jjkrkwood
This topic is 1160 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

and seeing stuff like this it amazes me that people are against Michelle Obama's campaign to get the country to eat healthier.

Why don't they just inject the cholesterol and fat right into a person when they walk into Burger King instead.

I don't see how bacon will work with ice cream but I have to admit that I am intrigued and will likely give it a try, mostly out of curiosity. Yes, unhealthy but I tend to eat healthily most of the time and allow myself something decadent and/or unhealthy every so often.

Inspired...... for all you Bacon Lovers, Burger King will Debut its new "Bacon Sundae" soon.

Are you Eager to Sample it ????

http://i.fitperez.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/bacon-sundae__oPt.jpg

Here is a good thing! It doesn’t look good nor does it sound good!

With foie gras about to be banned in California at the end of this month, a number of restaurants have been making a point of putting foie gras on their menus. Not to settle for just plain ol' foie gras on its own, they've been getting creative. So of course there has been foie gras ice cream. I don't think they'll be serving it at Burger King though!

With foie gras about to be banned in California at the end of this month, a number of restaurants have been making a point of putting foie gras on their menus. Not to settle for just plain ol' foie gras on its own, they've been getting creative. So of course there has been foie gras ice cream. I don't think they'll be serving it at Burger King though!

Not to sidetrack from the main topic but I was amazed to learn from the above post about banning foie gras in California. Is this a first for banning a food in the US and will that hold up if challenged?

It's probably tasty. Savory/sweet combinations are certainly nothing new. Chocolate dipped pretzels are a holiday staple. Cupcakes often have bacon crumbles on top. Heck, bacon is often cured with maple syrup so it's already a savory/sweet blend.

I'd try it, if I ever went to BK. (Un)fortunately, the nearest BK is over 20 miles away and there are places to actually eat along the way. :p

Update: Tried the Sundae today, and while it wasnt totally repulsive, the idea of bacon and soft serve ice cream left a bad taste in my mouth. It was weird ! And at 510 calories for a small cup, I just tasted (2 spoons full) and tossed the rest away...

On the other hand, also tried their "limited time only" bar-b-q pulled pork sandwich, with a side of the sweet potatoe fries. It was a noontime orgasm...... Until the sundae :(

• 8 years later...
Inspired...... for all you Bacon Lovers, Burger King will Debut its new "Bacon Sundae" soon. Are you Eager to Sample it ????

A colleague of mine was attending a neighborhood gathering. He enjoys cooking and he was asked to bring a dessert. Since this was a cookout, he decided homemade bacon ice cream might fit in with barbecue. I heard from others at the event it was delicious.

There's really not enough bacon on that sundae.

True, die hard bacon fans always carry a few x-tra strips in their purse, "just in case" !

It's probably tasty. Savory/sweet combinations are certainly nothing new. Chocolate dipped pretzels are a holiday staple. Cupcakes often have bacon crumbles on top. Heck, bacon is often cured with maple syrup so it's already a savory/sweet blend. I'd try it, if I ever went to BK. (Un)fortunately, the nearest BK is over 20 miles away and there are places to actually eat along the way. :p

I'm going to be violently ill. And I love bacon! Can they make it with caramel?

Update: Tried the Sundae today, and while it wasnt totally repulsive, the idea of bacon and soft serve ice cream left a bad taste in my mouth. It was weird ! And at 510 calories for a small cup, I just tasted (2 spoons full) and tossed the rest away...

Why meat eaters feel shamed into giving it up

They’re quitting cold turkey.

Meat eaters claim they’re being shamed into abandoning their carnivorous ways by their friends, lovers and other vegan influences, according to a new survey.

The research, conducted by Jack Link’s beef jerky, found that half of the 2,000 adult participants said they felt pressure to either cut down on or even refrain from consuming meat entirely. They even reported buying into plant-pushing customs like “Veganuary” — where you go vegan for the month of January — due to the pressure. However, many reported only lasting until mid-month before reverting back to their hamburger habit.

“There are many influences that can have an impact on what we eat and how we eat,” food psychologist Greg Tucker told the Independent of the survey results.

Friends ranked chief among the influences to adopt a plant-based diet, followed by partners and family, while 20% of participants reported that even their kids urged them to eat more veggies. The same study revealed that 60% of those who reduced their meat consumption only did so to appease their vegan partners. Meanwhile, 7 in 10 claim they wouldn’t have even considered this lifestyle change without prodding from their partners.

A quarter reported beefing with their plant-promoting partners over their pushy ways, which Tucker said often had “the opposite effect” than they intended.

And some surveyed meat lovers weren’t going down without a bite. Many who adopted a veggie diet under duress reported scratching the itch in other ways: by consuming meat-flavored treats, cooking meat but not eating it and even smelling charcuterie — like a steak-based 12-step program. Some even resorted to getting their fix vicariously through having someone who was eating meat describe the sensation, the Independent reported.

Charles Spence, a scientist specializing in experimental psychology out of England’s Oxford University, recently teamed up with vegan frozen food brand Strong Roots to create a “meat patch” to help repentant carnivores curb their cravings.

“Studies have shown that scent can reduce food cravings,” Spence said. “Experiencing food-related cues such as smelling a bacon aroma, can lead us to imagine the act of eating that food.”

In terms of what meats these demiglaze die-hards would miss most, chicken and beef ranked first, followed by lamb and pork respectively.

“Meat plays a major part in most meals in everyday life and cutting down is not always something many people will have considered,” Tucker said.

For many, jettisoning meat wasn’t even an option, with over 40% participants claiming they’d eat meat while on a date with a vegan. Some even claimed they’d end a relationship if their partner pressured them to abstain from steak, while others said they wouldn’t even consider dating a vegan in the first place.

Experts stress that maintaining a balanced diet is key.

“While it’s great to try things like Veganuary, often balancing your intake of meat can provide a happy medium for everyone,” Tucker told the Independent, “while still being able to enjoy your favorite meals and snacks.” Especially considering that those who adopt exclusively vegan diets are more likely to suffer from health conditions such as bone fractures, according to recent studies.

A sprawling 2020 study published in the journal BMC Medicine revealed that there were 19.4 more cases of fractures in vegans and 4.1 more cases in vegetarians for every 1,000 people over 10 years.

Still, eating your veggies has never been easier, with more and more NYC restaurants adapting to meatless demands. Meanwhile, Michelin awarded its first ever star to a vegan restaurant in France earlier this month.

2078727.gif

5bd8f110689601395177005056a9545d

Edited by samhexum