NEW VIDEO - Pastor's Plan to Get of Gays - Exposed on CNN

bcohen7719
This topic is 4535 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

As a FORMER Baptist preacher myself I can tell this forum with no uncertainty that this pastors' views actually represent the views of the majority of fundamentalist/pentecostal preachers today. Most would nEVER say it in public for fear of lawsuits but in PRIVATE this was a common belief. I am not shocked by it. It is, however, one of the most UNCHRISTIAN statements ever uttered by someone who claims Christ. What a shame. This type of HATRED is why I left the church and all organized religion and I practice my faith privately as it should be practiced. MY JESUS LOVES EVERYONE AS BILLY GRAHAM SO ELOQUENTLY PREACHED, "JUST AS I AM...WITHOUT ONE PLEA!" http://www.rentboy.com/mikey9nola1

Why doesn't our government immediately revoke the tax-exempt status of churches like this one? The IRS has investigated other churches for far less pointed, less political remarks (e.g. anti-war sermons), and in this case, there isn't much investigatin' to do. Hate groups have no right to such favorable treatment.

Hopefully no one here agree with him...

I do. I'd love to be a pen with thousands of "homosexuals and queers." Sounds like a party to me!

(Btw, I don't think this story broke on CNN. It was already a viral video on social media before they picked it up.)

I do. I'd love to be a pen with thousands of "homosexuals and queers." Sounds like a party to me!

(Btw, I don't think this story broke on CNN. It was already a viral video on social media before they picked it up.)

Personally I think a gay group should show up and say: "Okay, we're here to be slaughtered. Have at it. What? No slaughtering? So you just give lip service to the Word of God but don't actually follow it?"

I think the good Pastor Worley is just looking for some publicity, new members, and, of course, some more 1s and 5s in the offering plate....

this is all very silly, of course....very fringe....may kick some fence-sitters into the pro-rights side when they see this hillbilly....did you notice how he pronounces "against"?.....what a hick

Do you think that "nitpick compulsion" is genetically determined, or socially acquired?

BC

Do you think that "nitpick compulsion" is genetically determined, or socially acquired?

Well, let me ask you this: do you think that "a sense of humor" is genetically determined or socially acquired? They say that people who laugh often will live longer. You might want to try it sometime. :p

You claimed in the title that CNN "exposed" this story. I was merely clarifying that that was not the case. In many cases these days, stories are first exposed on blogs or YouTube and then the cable news shows pick up on it. Are you saying that incorrect information should not be corrected on here, or only when it's something you've posted? Insinuating that I must have some sort of mental disorder for daring to correct you is a bit much, even for you. :)

I was thinking just that... For our long day weekend, a new meaning to memorial day...

personally i think a gay group should show up and say: "okay, we're here to be slaughtered. Have at it. What? No slaughtering? So you just give lip service to the word of god but don't actually follow it?"

It's not surprising that a few nutty church members agree with him, but to be fair, notice that the response to "you better believe I [meant it]"--undoubtedly meant as an applause line--was mostly silence. However much these folks hate gays, anything resembling the Holocaust makes people wince.

Like the Nazi camps, this will be a magnet tfor corrupt guards. A week after it opens, you'll see a long line of straight men in front of the lesbian pen, each with $100 in hand.

It's not surprising that a few nutty church members agree with him, but to be fair, notice that the response to "you better believe I [meant it]"--undoubtedly meant as an applause line--was mostly silence. However much these folks hate gays, anything resembling the Holocaust makes people wince.

Like the Nazi camps, this will be a magnet tfor corrupt guards. A week after it opens, you'll see a long line of straight men in front of the lesbian pen, each with $100 in hand.

Wince schmince. In my book, silence = acceptance. Unless there was a sudden exodus for the door, these people are no better than he is.

Wince schmince. In my book, silence = acceptance. Unless there was a sudden exodus for the door, these people are no better than he is.

There are few things that would make these types walk out during a church sermon. Their default response is "amen," so silence is a pretty strong signal

I'm not saying they're better than he is though.

Archived