Donna Summer Dead at 63

Lucky
This topic is 4539 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

JUST woke up here... Can't believe what I'm reading...

One of the GREATS & I was a HUGE fan!!

I sent her a fan letter once backstage in Atlanic City... She graciously sent back the cards I enclosed for her to sign personalized.. They hang in my music room to this day.

Sad....

Back in my closeted "straight" years, I dismissed her work out of hand until a girlfriend moved in with an lp of Summer's On The Radio. I ended up playing it much more than she did. Looking back, my GF (and future wife) should have gotten a clue that I was gay then! Thanks, Donna, for the great music.

Goodfella

I am so saddened by this news. Another legendary music icon has left us much too soon. Donna Summer was the soundtrack to my early years as a gay man. So many good memories and wild nights with Donna's songs pulling people out on the dance floor. She left millions of us with nights of unparalleled joy where we could leave the rest of the world outside and just dance. Rest in Peace Donna.

http://c438342.r42.cf2.rackcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Donna-Summer.jpg

It will be interesting to see how "The Billboard Awards Live Show" handles the Passing of Donna Summer as the Focus seems to be on the Passing of Whitney Houston under Totally different circumstances? One was done with Class the other one well it was what it was....

I am so saddened by this news. Another legendary music icon has left us much too soon. Donna Summer was the soundtrack to my early years as a gay man. So many good memories and wild nights with Donna's songs pulling people out on the dance floor. She left millions of us with nights of unparalleled joy where we could leave the rest of the world outside and just dance. Rest in Peace Donna.

http://c438342.r42.cf2.rackcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Donna-Summer.jpg

Well said, Jack!

So sad to hear of her passing, and at such a young age. She brought much joy to this young gay man, who was struggling with coming out and growing up. Somehow her music made it seem as if everything was going to be alright. Oh the nights that we danced the night away, captured by the music and the beat. I thought those days would never end, but alas time moved on. I always smile just a little bit whenever I hear one of her songs.

Peace to her and her loved ones, and to all her good friends that will have to let her go.

Archived