A rather odd thing happened to me in the past hour ...

Decatur Guy
This topic is 4545 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I was felled this weekend with a bad body ache / sore throat onslaught. (In fact, it spurred my first cancellation, which I felt bad about but I was in no shape to play and I didn't want to pass anything along).

Anyway, I spent 12 hours in bed Friday night and Saturday night, woke up numerous times, the last time today in a cold, very wet sweat. (And I feel better now) I've also been popping those Zicam throat logenzes with the zinc. They RUIN the taste of everything -- even water -- but I think they work.

Now here's the weird part. After being in bed for 12 hours, I got up to brush my teeth. After brushing for about 15 or seconds, it was like I had never put toothpaste on the toothbrush. It was all gone. I put on some more, and it lasted longer, but I was running out of it too when I was done.

Then I went to the shower, after not showering since Friday. I shampooed up and about 30 seconds later, it was all gone, as if I had never put any shampoo in my hair. I had to shampoo up a second time, and even then, when I rinsed it out, there wasn't much left.

Have you ever had anything like that where your body seems to just absorb stuff like that? Really weird. I wonder if the zinc in the Zicam does it ...? Has this happened to anyone on here before?

Or your water has gotten very, very hard. The harder the water, the harder to get up a good lather.

Sounds like you have a good case of Influenza.

You know to avoid citrus with zinc products? And you [pardon the expression] suck on them.

Doubt it is the zinc.

I didn't know to avoid citrus with zinc products and I took a couple of sips of orange juice. It felt like I was drinking acid. Learned that lesson.

Then I went to the shower, after not showering since Friday. I shampooed up and about 30 seconds later, it was all gone, as if I had never put any shampoo in my hair. I had to shampoo up a second time, and even then, when I rinsed it out, there wasn't much left.

Your hair was unusually oily from 3 days of sweating w/o a shower. Emulsifying a lot of grease takes a lot of shampoo.

About the toothpaste, I have no clue.

You know to avoid citrus with zinc products? And you [pardon the expression] suck on them.

You only need to avoid citrus products within 30 minutes before or after taking Zicam. Also, you want to let them dissolve naturally, you do not want to suck on them. The label will tell you what to do. The CVS drug store chain has its own brand that does not ruin the taste of food. Take a look for them next time you are getting sick.

You only need to avoid citrus products within 30 minutes before or after taking Zicam. Also, you want to let them dissolve naturally, you do not want to suck on them. The label will tell you what to do. The CVS drug store chain has its own brand that does not ruin the taste of food. Take a look for them next time you are getting sick.

Thanks!

Decatur Guy,

When I read your account, my first thought was some type of contamination in your water. If your problems continue, call the water dept. and have them test it.

I think it was me and my body. Everything's fine now. It was that one time. I think I must have been excessively cotton-mouthed and hair all oily, etc.

Archived