Douchebags of Grindr

FreshFluff
This topic is 4562 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

A couple of people have mentioned their experiences on Grindr. So I thought I'd share a link I came across in one of the NYC street rags:

http://www.douchebagsofgrindr.com/

There are a lot of good ones. Here's one that reminds me of the old Far Side caption,

Unclear on the Concept:

(Due to the offensive nature of the profile, I decided to post it as a link instead of embedding the image.

http://www.douchebagsofgrindr.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Yo-Douche.jpg

If I read something like this I decide to pass immediately. Next ...

What always amazes me is how mediocre-at-best most of these people are. I was browsing a dating site the other night (for the articles of course), and there was some chunkbot who had the most amazingly bad and selfish attitude. It was equal parts "I'm looking for someone who is open-minded and will overlook my figure flaws and that someone needs to have a great body and so and so, and I'm not interested in Asians."

What always amazes me is how mediocre-at-best most of these people are. I was browsing a dating site the other night (for the articles of course), and there was some chunkbot who had the most amazingly bad and selfish attitude. It was equal parts "I'm looking for someone who is open-minded and will overlook my figure flaws and that someone needs to have a great body and so and so, and I'm not interested in Asians."

All that attitude often comes from insecurity, and its a defense mechanism against possible rejection. We've all been there, and I get it, BUT I suppose there could be a nicer way to present yourself and protect yourself at the same time. You dont need to be a DOUCHE..... and YES we ALL want the hottest guy, but lets be real here. If WE wouldnt want to hookup with ourselves, why would we think someone else would ?

All that attitude often comes from insecurity, and its a defense mechanism against possible rejection. We've all been there, and I get it, BUT I suppose there could be a nicer way to present yourself and protect yourself at the same time. You dont need to be a DOUCHE..... and YES we ALL want the hottest guy, but lets be real here. If WE wouldnt want to hookup with ourselves, why would we think someone else would ?

I know, and all I could think after reading chunkbot's profile was: "who does Glutes think he is anyway, setting all these parameters? This is for free, not money—and I don't $ee no dolla-$ign$ nowhere."

I relate this experience from a friend of mine. He's a male made, perfect body and face, nice attitude. He has a pleasant profile on Grindr. The other day he messaged a guy: good looking but not off the charts or anything. After a couple of one or two word responses from this guy and no further pics to share my friend messaged him the following: "Any interest?"

The response was .... "convince me."

That sums of grindr for me. Douchebags r us.

I relate this experience from a friend of mine. He's a male made, perfect body and face, nice attitude. He has a pleasant profile on Grindr. The other day he messaged a guy: good looking but not off the charts or anything. After a couple of one or two word responses from this guy and no further pics to share my friend messaged him the following: "Any interest?"

that's why I deleted it from my phone. the majority have a chip on their shoulder or a stick up their ass

There was this cute guy a while back who was online and I worked up my courage and contacted him. That's when the hoop-jumping started... he wanted me to take a picture right then and send it so that he didn't have to "deal with any of that old picture bullshit." Then he wanted me to call to pass "the voice test" and leave a message before he would pick up. (Believe me clients, low self-esteem works on both sides of the fence sometimes). So THEN, he finally agreed to talk on the phone and almost immediately shot down anything I had to say about what I liked as "boring" or "not interested." He said that he was going to get something to drink from the kitchen and about five minutes later I realized he had sat down the phone because he wasn't interested in talking, and was just waiting for me to hang up. I can laugh about this now—but at the time it really hurt my feelings and made me ask (in Molly Ringwald voice): "WHY DOESN'T HE LIKE ME?" Then of course I saw his profile online the other day and he's using the exact same pics from 5-6 years ago, and I thought: "ah, that didn't seem to work very well for you after all, did it?"

I find most of those sites to be pretty much the same. I had a profile on plenty of fish. it's kinda like match.com

I started talking with this one guy. gave him my number. instead of just calling he sent his number in return. so i called. I asked him to coffee cant go got a funeral out of state. talked 3 more times on the phone mentioned dinner. can't go got bad allergies this weekend. this went on for 2 weeks. imo if a persons really interested they would meet & meet soon. He said I was in to big of a hurry to meet that guys in Atlanta take dating slow. I'm like no you faggots in Atlanta are full of shit lying comes as easy as breathing to you. I was warned about the bs from this town b4 moving here. the truth is you won't meet never planned on meeting and just full of shit like the majority here

For the most part, playtime on any of these sites is merely a game, a challenge and a chase. They DONT really wanna meet you, they simply wanna know that they CAN.... DOUCHES !

what REALLY pisses me off is when after talking for awhile, they turn into Mr Hyde, get nasty, curse you out, and THEN block you from replying.. Some people really have too much time.

I meet one guy really liked him allot. we spent 4 hours together. oh joe i just love your eyes can't wait too see you again. have birthday plans this weekend but can't wait to see you after that & see where this goes. soon as he was out the door i was blocked & never heard from him again leaving me feeling like shit. I wondered if id met him for dinner first if things would have been different. imo gay men think just like str8 men the girl that puts out too soon is a w*hore and not wife material. even though the guy had sex too. I think gay men are the same way. having sex too soon rarely goes anywhere. only guys i've dated for any long period were the ones were sex didn't happen until after a month or so of dating.

I meet one guy really liked him allot. we spent 4 hours together. oh joe i just love your eyes can't wait too see you again. have birthday plans this weekend but can't wait to see you after that & see where this goes. soon as he was out the door i was blocked & never heard from him again leaving me feeling like shit. I wondered if id met him for dinner first if things would have been different. imo gay men think just like str8 men the girl that puts out too soon is a w*hore and not wife material. even though the guy had sex too. I think gay men are the same way. having sex too soon rarely goes anywhere. only guys i've dated for any long period were the ones were sex didn't happen until after a month or so of dating.

Yeah, but the caveat of waiting is that you fall in love with someone (and everyone knows that gay men are especially bad about seeking acceptance and needing someone to "complete them"), and then you get together and the sex is awful. But then it's too late and rather than be alone—you do some searching and find a friendly online pub called "Daddy's Place," where the members will gladly point you in the right direction for finding love... for sale.

Yeah, I'd rather fuck them first and avoid all that if possible. It sounds expensive.

Do you REALLY think thats the issue ??? Some people are just natural born "players", only have regard for themselves and couldnt give a flying fuck about you. If you dont give them sex right away, someone else WILL, so who's the loser here ? At least you got Laid !

Do you REALLY think thats the issue ??? Some people are just natural born "players", only have regard for themselves and couldnt give a flying fuck about you. If you dont give them sex right away, someone else WILL, so who's the loser here ? At least you got Laid !

I beg to differ, Herr JJ. It's one thing to get laid and get paid for it, it's another to get laid and feel like you should have. One of the lessons I've had to learn in life is not to fall into the trap set by these "I'm in it for ME and ME only" people who are so prevalent and seductive online. You know, the ones who are all: Yeah baby, mmm... yeah, make me feel good, yeah (insert orgasm here). Umm, could you hurry up?" If that's the terms of "at least you got laid," I'd rather jerk off.

I beg to differ, Herr JJ. It's one thing to get laid and get paid for it, it's another to get laid and feel like you should have. One of the lessons I've had to learn in life is not to fall into the trap set by these "I'm in it for ME and ME only" people who are so prevalent and seductive online. You know, the ones who are all: Yeah baby, mmm... yeah, make me feel good, yeah (insert orgasm here). Umm, could you hurry up?" If that's the terms of "at least you got laid," I'd rather jerk off.

Personally Max, I have never met up with anyone from online, and I am the type of person that NEVER believes the lines of bullshit i am handed. and I am also able to "READ" people quite well...I learned long ago these social sites are a waste of time, for ME. so I put my energy elsewhere. It really ALL depends on WHAT you are looking for.

There was a Toys R Us on the south side of Chicago. Locally, is was known as "We be Toys 'n' Shit".

We be Douchebags 'n' Shit? :p

As far as these ultra picky guy/leave a vm first guy, my guess is that the photos were never his. The lower the person's value on the market, the better the fantasy of rejecting people seems to him--especially when compared to the reality of being rejected himself.

Archived