Remember "The Alfred Hitchcock Hour"?

bcohen7719
This topic is 4574 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I too am a huge fan of Sir Alfred Hitchcock and enjoy most of his works. Netflix has the series Alfred Hitchcock Presents available to see. Not sure if it is the same or different than The Alfred Hitchcock Hour but in any case it is great.

Isn't nostalgia simply a "pleasant memory test"? :)

The whole family watched Hitch and I can hear the music in my mind now. :) I have not watched the clip above but no doubt it is the one where the wife killed her husband with a frozen piece of meat and then defrosted it and ate it. :)

Best regards,

KMEM

Lucky:

Once in a while, I've posted what I thought were rarer popular culture items from the 60's.

The most popular thread was actually not a television series, but a

video showing the mechanics of the Selectric typewriter.

Since this forum has many members who appear to be in their late 50's

or in their 60's, I thought others would enjoy exactly what KMEN noted--

just nostalgia.

No intention to bore anyone, or cause offense.

Best wishes,

BC

I didn't suggest that the post was meant to cause offense or bore anyone. I just wondered both why and what.

In general, one can post whatever one wants. If people don't respond, well, that's a response in itself.

If they do respond, you are thought to have a knack for finding the right topic.

Baby boomers are known to love nostalgia, thus the Twilight Zone might make a good topic for the next thread.

Or is the whole forum the twilight zone? :)

As a Coast to Coast AM listener, the whole world and everything in it or about it is "something" from the Twilight Zone. :)

Therefore, I not only love nostalgia but "future stalgia" also. :)

Best regards,

KMEM

I didn't suggest that the post was meant to cause offense or bore anyone. I just wondered both why and what.

In general, one can post whatever one wants. If people don't respond, well, that's a response in itself.

If they do respond, you are thought to have a knack for finding the right topic.

Baby boomers are known to love nostalgia, thus the Twilight Zone might make a good topic for the next thread.

Or is the whole forum the twilight zone? :)

Lucky:

I like your last suggestion the most! It emboldens me

to find a clip from the most appropriate episode.

Wish me "luck"!

Best wishes,

Bill

Yes, I can! What would you like me to say?

I think that you found a good Twilight clip, one that shows the unique view of the show and leaves viewers wanting more.

I always liked Twilight Zone better than Hitchcock. But, as I grow older, these themes have little interest for me.

There are other old shows that have some meaning, mostly those which had a cute teen guy in them, one who brought out my homosexual fantasies. Wally, in Leave it to Beaver, for one.

Not that Eddy could not have gotten my pants down...Ricky Nelson could have had his way with me anytime and anywhere. Then Robbie Benson, maybe a bit non-sexy, but cute. It goes on.

Yes, I can! What would you like me to say?

I think that you found a good Twilight clip, one that shows the unique view of the show and leaves viewers wanting more.

I always liked Twilight Zone better than Hitchcock. But, as I grow older, these themes have little interest for me.

There are other old shows that have some meaning, mostly those which had a cute teen guy in them, one who brought out my homosexual fantasies. Wally, in Leave it to Beaver, for one.

Not that Eddy could not have gotten my pants down...Ricky Nelson could have had his way with me anytime and anywhere. Then Robbie Benson, maybe a bit non-sexy, but cute. It goes on.

Dear Lucky:

You have excellent taste. Now I understand you a bit better. Most members of this forum probably also have wistful memories of those television programs which evoked their earliest childhood homosexual fantasies, even though for many of us those were also troubled years. Let me poke around. Below is a morsel for others.

Best,

BC

[video=youtube;3dgZKp6l5m0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dgZKp6l5m0

Yes, Wally was a hottie. I found a picture of him with his shirt off somewhere on the web a while back, but can't find it now.

Maybe not the one you found a while back but here are a couple:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_CMCKATxhPi4/SnNvKrgkq2I/AAAAAAAACbs/E_MDh-PyTDY/s400/01.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_CMCKATxhPi4/SnNuqmoovkI/AAAAAAAACbc/S2uXyHuaEXo/s400/03.jpg

Maybe not the one you found a while back but here are a couple:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_CMCKATxhPi4/SnNvKrgkq2I/AAAAAAAACbs/E_MDh-PyTDY/s400/01.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_CMCKATxhPi4/SnNuqmoovkI/AAAAAAAACbc/S2uXyHuaEXo/s400/03.jpg

God bless you jgoo...Thank you for this....ohhh the memories!

That picture of Wally in his skivvies would have had me sky high without the slightest idea what to do about it. There were so many clues that I was gay and I ignored them all. It wasn't so much denial as ignorance. I had never met a gay person who was not effeminate, and thus I thought all gays were so. Since I was not effeminate, I couldn't be gay, just jealous of those cute boys.

Nowadays role models for gays are butch and effeminate, and many places in between. Lucky kids today!

That picture of Wally in his skivvies would have had me sky high without the slightest idea what to do about it. There were so many clues that I was gay and I ignored them all. It wasn't so much denial as ignorance. I had never met a gay person who was not effeminate, and thus I thought all gays were so. Since I was not effeminate, I couldn't be gay, just jealous of those cute boys.

Nowadays role models for gays are butch and effeminate, and many places in between. Lucky kids today!

Lucky:

I grew up with the same conundrum. I liked masculine guys; I never felt effeminate; most gay men on television or the movies were portrayed as effeminate. So what was I doing on planet earth? I felt like the loneliest person in the world.

BC

Archived