Good Morning, America

Steven_Draker
This topic is 4664 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Recently I had an overnight client (location omitted intentionally) that as soon as the alarm clock went off at 6:00 AM, jumped out of bed and started dressing up as there was fire in the house. When I asked him what was the reason for this precipitation, he answered: "Everything happens in the morning" and he ran out the door.

I was so impressed that since then I'm trying to be more of a "morning person" and less of a night owl.

Waking up earlier in the morning, I discovered a whole new world that was unknown to me, like ABC's "Good morning, America" and this other show with the two funny characters: the old man and the cute blonde (the name escapes me).

Steven,

Well, IMHO not everything happens in the am! I grew up on a farm, and we were always up very early, but now I enjoy sleeping in a little later, especially after an evening of fun. Enjoy your early rising and seeing a new slice of life, but there is a lot to be said for being a night owl too.

DD

When I was your age, i.e., a lot younger than I am now, I wanted to be out whoring about (excuse the term) every night, sometimes almost till dawn, so I normally got up fairly late in the morning. However, as I aged and my lifestyle changed, in my 40s, I started getting up earlier and earlier, until 6am became my normal wake-up time. It's a good thing that I got into that habit, because now that I live in Palm Springs, I have to be up before sunrise in the summer--it's too hot to do anything outdoors after 9am. By that time, I have usually eaten breakfast, walked the dog, and played a couple of sets of tennis. And I'm almost always ready to go to bed by 9pm, which makes me feel really old.

In the office I work in during the day, nothing much important happens before 10 AM, and 11 AM is probably more accurate. A lot of important stuff happens quietly after 4 PM between the principals and senior staff members. So I don't think you have to jump out of bed in the morning, especially if you're not a morning person!

Is Good Morning America the one with Matt Lauer? I always thought he was cute.

with no daylight savings time observed here in Arizona, actual sunrise is at 5:17am in mid-June....the roads are packed by 6:30am and many quit work by 2pm.....

IF....IF you can get up by then and start getting stuff done, it's amazing how much you can accomplish before long....kinda nice having some quiet time before work to do chores/errands.....

I guess I would have to consider myself a morning person from my daily regimen of arriving at work between 6 & 7 and not leaving till around 5 or 6, and after retiring I still get up early and get done what I have to so the rest of the day is whatever, whenever. I also like to get up early and go for a quiet walk to clear my mind for the day ahead. That's when it's just me with nothing "special" going on. If I'm spending time with another guy, late nights are a rule of thumb. In the morning, I love to awaken, cuddle, and get UP without getting out of bed. Besides, even if you get up, there is lots of time till noon to return to bed.

There are some great cities to practice staying UP late and getting UP early--Boston, Chicago, New York, and Palm Springs. I also plan to test out my theory in DC, Portland, and San Francisco

Boston Bill

Actually, nothing to do with me. The person in question was checking constantly the stock markets on his smart phone and answering emails on his BlackBerry whenever it was possible. It didn't bother me at all, but there's time for work and time for pleasure ... I guess.[/color]

That's so tacky. I personally thought that maybe you wore him out and he couldn't take any more. Most guys I know always feel that MORE IS BETTER.

P.S. Have a safe flight back across the real BIG POND.

Boston ill

Actually, nothing to do with me. The person in question was checking constantly the stock markets on his smart phone and answering emails on his BlackBerry whenever it was possible. It didn't bother me at all, but there's time for work and time for pleasure ... I guess.[/color]

Well Guess thats how hes able to afford to PAY you ? Then its a good thing !

I think that the cute blonde you are referring to is Chris Wragge on one of the morning shows. He was a weatherman here in Houston a number of years ago and left here for the Phoenix market. He is cute and definitely on "our" team (used to see him at team parties and functions all the time when he was here in Houston). He is a genuinely nice person and a real hottie, too....

Archived