Who was your teenage crush (the guy that made you realize you REALLY liked guys) ?

Guest thedolphinsofaugust
This topic is 2220 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

well, another Chris Atkins guy here....I remember when "Blue Lagoon" came out in the late 70s or so...I was maybe 15 and looking thru some "Teen Beat"-type mag at the local grocery store....there was a picture of Atkins in that jock/loin cloth-like thing he wore in most of the movie....that sexy and skimpy outfit, combined with his good body and face, made for an incredible picture.....

a couple years earlier, in 7th grade, I remember an 8th grader who always took a shower after gym.....he had already fully gone thru puberty and liked to show off, evidently.....after the shower, he'd stand for a few extra seconds too long at the shower exit and let people check him out, it seemed....good-looking guy, well-hung, already had a good bush going on....

When I hit puberty, my parents decided it was time for me to own an athletic supporter to wear with my swim trunks, etc. The jockstrap came in a cardboard package with a picture of a model on the front, wearing (nothing but) the product. And even though I was rather confused about my sexuality then, I knew I was attracted to the guy on the package - so I made sure to keep it. I'm pretty sure this was right around the time that I first started having orgasms, because I do remember jacking off looking at the model's picture.

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably Barry Van Dyke, who was one of those men, like Gregory Harrison, who rarely showed up on TV in the 1970's unless he was shirtless

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_9PJZY6xZk1o/Rs3UIZi2_FI/AAAAAAAAKiM/SrX-1SMTO7A/s1600-h/PDVD_085.JPG

More of same moment: http://stepoutoftheordinary.blogspot.com/2007/08/long-forgotten-but-delicious-scene-of.html

Didn't Tab Hunter turn out to be gay as well? I recall some revelation a few years ago in a book...but I do not remember for sure.

Yeah, that book was his autobiography. (Which is a pretty good read, actually.)

Wow, I can't believe no one's mentioned this one yet. Come on! I can't be the only guy here who realized he was gay when all the other boys in school were going gaga over Daisy Duke while I couldn't stop staring at Bo and Luke. In my grade school, anyone who showed up a bit early had to sit in the cafeteria until the bell rang for home room. The mornings after Dukes, I swear all the boys showed up early just to gush about how incredible Daisy looked in the latest episode. Well, except me, of course.

Joseph! Welcome back! I hope everything is going well. Glad to hear your voice once more.

And yes...Tarzan. I knew it what cheesy even before I knew the word. Hated it when Jane was on the screen. Lived for him swimming and coming out of the water, hoping that that stupid loin cloth would reveal more of what I knew I wanted to see.

It started with Gregory Harrison, then Jon-Erik, and finally, with the best, Mr. Top Gun. Here's a link of the best parts. Volleyball anyone?

Ah, but before Top Gun was Risky Business - with Cruise dancing around in his undies...;-)

Marc Singer as The Beastmaster!

Oh, yeah! Double yeah!! I used to record him on VHS (!) and stop frame forward to freeze on the most muscular moments.

Actually, Singer came along when I was more (ahem) mature. Van Williams was part of the Robert Conrad, Troy Donahue, Tab Hunter cluster of shirtless guys I enjoyed in an earlier time. Good j/o material there.

But to be honest, my earliest memories are of the Charles Atlas drawings on the back of comic books. Sorry, folks, that's all I had back in the day! Well, OK, there were Superman and Captain Marvel inside the comic books. Shazam!

I've thought a bit about this and there is one name that came to me. It's off the beaten track and most of you don't know him. But it was Dan Gable, Olympic wrestler on the 1972 Olympics that really got me going (not that I needed any encouragement). I've tried to find a great picture of him from his wrestling days, but thiese are about as good as I could find:

http://cdn2-b.examiner.com/sites/default/files/styles/large/hash/6b/58/6b585a8a90a9aa21d5cdbd6ad3b458a0.jpg

http://i645.photobucket.com/albums/uu172/olec_01/gable2_1.jpg

http://oklahomajiujitsu.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/etick_a_dangable02_712.jpg

Dan went on to be one of the great coaches in any sport. And like most great coaches in any sport, he has put out instructional DVDs. But the subtitle of this one certainly sounds appealing to me:

http://entertainment-and-arts.co.cc/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/wpid-518ZS28ZJEL.jpg

Guest macnva

All my life I thought “crushes” were what 7 to 11 yo girls had on teenage idol boys. How wonderful to find that there are so many “so-called” adult men to prove that those thoughts were wrong.

I don’t believe I have ever had a “crush” on anyone but in the spirit of this thread I may be wrong?:

1. Peter Brown the actor (I would still do him today!) on the 50’s tv show Lawman. I was 8 yo and I didn’t know what sex was no less than what gay was. I only know that I felt a stirring and a longing inside and that I couldn’t stop staring at his handsome face and wishing that he would hug me and kiss me.

2. Rocky Colavito the MLB player with the Cleveland Indians and Detroit Tigers. I thought he was so handsome and his baseball card was the only card (all 25 of them) that was tacked to my bedroom wall.

3. Robert Horton the actor from the tv show Wagon Train Another handsome man and I’m glad that he is still alive today.

4. Ken Berry the actor when he was on the tv show F Troop. His handsome face and slim body clad in that form fitting cavalry captain uniform gave this teenaged boy the major hots!

5. Richard Thomas the actor as John Boy Walton. He was so cute and adorable, my age and I really wished back then that he was my boyfriend! He was my last “crush” as since then I’ve grown into adulthood, 