Travel Attire

sam.fitzpatrick
This topic is 4832 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I am certainly more than willing to agree with your assessment of your friend but doesn't SW REQUIRE some large folks to buy two seats?

Apropos almost nothing, it seems that I read that Pablo Casals used to always buy two First tickets, one for him and one for his cello. :)

Yup, SlopWorst does require "Persons of Size" to purchase a second seat. The test is: Can the POS sit in a seat with the armrests down and not impinge on the next seat. I've on many occasions been impinged upon and am frankly glad they started doing this.

As to the cello. I have friends who buy seats for their dogs! The dogs actually have frequent flier accounts and collect awards.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have a friend who used to fly first class on Southwest. I know, Southwest does not have first class, but he was so large he actually bought two seats - paid for both - so he wouldn't spill over to a seatmate. Thoughtful person.

There is nothing worse than sitting next to (or, God forbid, in between) very fat people on a long flight. You've got me thinking now that, even though I fit just fine into one seat, for long but cheap flights (think between NY and LA) I should buy two seats on flights that are going to be crowded so I know I'll have enough room and won't have to worry about fat seatmates.

There is nothing worse than sitting next to (or, God forbid, in between) very fat people on a long flight. You've got me thinking now that, even though I fit just fine into one seat, for long but cheap flights (think between NY and LA) I should buy two seats on flights that are going to be crowded so I know I'll have enough room and won't have to worry about fat seatmates.

Might not work. Airlines are so over-booking flights these days that an empty seat will likely get filled, even if you've paid to keep it empty.

Sad, but true.

Might not work. Airlines are so over-booking flights these days that an empty seat will likely get filled, even if you've paid to keep it empty.

Sad, but true.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. I would definitely have to sit in the middle of the two seats and would probably need some reaon for the two seats. Maybe a fake arm or leg cast, though who knows how I'd get that past security. I guess I just have to suck it up, sit in coach and keep my fingers crossed that I'm sitting next to a small person . . . or someone I don't mind being close to.

Sad, but true.

On SouthWest and all other US airlines, actually, NO!, you bought it, you own it and you either get your two seats or you get "bumped" compension for both seats. It's cheaper for the airlines to compensate the other passenger.

Archived