Leather Negative

kjun
This topic is 4988 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I like wearing a comfy leather jacket in cool weather but that's as far as it goes with me. Leather jock straps give me the giggles rather than turn me on but, like the song goes, different strokes for different folks.

Who knows, maybe we just haven't met the right leather queen. ;)

I'll agree it depends on who's wearing it. And there are some leather items that I find incredibly attractive/hot, while others do nothing for me.

I posted the following pic in another thread, but I thought it gave leather a pretty "formal" look ... and found it hot.

http://mywebz.net/picimages/unknown1.jpg

I tend to agree with Baron... some leather on some guys can be very hot, but for the most part, most of the guys I see in leather are wearing it as a costume... it is neither hot nor flattering. But, I also believe that to each his own, and if someone wants to wear it... be my guest... like so many other things, whether it is a bikini, undies, a shirt open to the waist, tight jeans, or what ever, the attempt to attract is universal, it just doesn't always work for those of us looking...

I'll agree it depends on who's wearing it. And there are some leather items that I find incredibly attractive/hot, while others do nothing for me.

I posted the following pic in another thread, but I thought it gave leather a pretty "formal" look ... and found it hot.

http://mywebz.net/picimages/unknown1.jpg

Sorry...This guy to ME looks like a LATEX Fetish Blow Up Doll! The only thing he has going for him is his TORSO Period....IMHO as always....

I did for a long time in my youth....visit the few real Leather Bars in NYC the Original Eagle's Nest/Spike and a couple after Hours....where the majority of guys were inclined to be Butch and attracted to Butch!

BUT "Leather" on a not so Butch Guy for whatever reason turned these guys on. There were those who changed to "leather Outfits" they kept in the trunks of their cars! That's when NYC REALLY had Someone for Everyone....

I agree it all depends on the man wearing the leather. I'm not so much into the harnesses, chokers and chains, but give me a gorgeous man clad in fine leather pants and/or jacket and it can be a total turn-on. Cases in point:

http://www.kickette.com/images/uploads/ceschotor_leatherette.jpghttp://filefap.com/files/1025062_bvvj4/recon_boy311233401.jpghttp://filefap.com/files/1025061_exozj/fotografie-sport-01.jpg

Unfortunately, Jack, guys like these sexy models are not the typical men you see in the Leather "scene." The guys you depict are extremely hot, but they are not representative of the typically unsavory, unfit, unattractive and often smelly men trolling around dimly-lit gay leather bars wearing open-ass chaps, leather harnesses and steel collars and codpieces.

This Thead is kinda harsh, IMHO.

My Apologies for dampening te spirit of this thread. It sometimes takes me a bit of time to realize that this forum is for sharing opinions not always agreeing on the opinion shared....I am way to sensitive at times....Let me re-phrase my post:

I don't necessarilythink the Leather crowd is always attractive but it does serve as an outlet for men who are into this type of scene. As in most scenes, the attractiveness of the individuals is usually not a pre-condition for being accepted into that scene. I might even suggest that the leather guy scene seems more tolerant of a guys looks than most...hence a wonderful mariage of a gay outlet that accepts people with an open mind...That to me seems to be a wonderful scene to be in.

There are really two different leather scenes.

The first is for those who find leather to be a necessary fetish in itself, regardless of who is wearing it. This includes the subset of men who feel sexier themselves when wearing leather. Many of these men would be unnoticeable in bars without their leather outfits.

The second group is men who use leather simply as a signal that they are open to more imaginative/transgressive kinds of sexual activity than plain vanilla/boy-next-door stuff. Once the sexual contact is made, the leather is forgotten. These are a much larger group than the first one. Most of the hot models in leather are probably in this category.

Leather bars exist for both groups.

There are really two different leather scenes.

The first is for those who find leather to be a necessary fetish in itself, regardless of who is wearing it. This includes the subset of men who feel sexier themselves when wearing leather. Many of these men would be unnoticeable in bars without their leather outfits.

The second group is men who use leather simply as a signal that they are open to more imaginative/transgressive kinds of sexual activity than plain vanilla/boy-next-door stuff. Once the sexual contact is made, the leather is forgotten. These are a much larger group than the first one. Most of the hot models in leather are probably in this category.

Leather bars exist for both groups.

Bravo.... I am far from the hot sexy excort type but I love the feel of leather when Im wearing it... denim too. and I like a man confident enough to sport it. Its funny while it may not be the perfect body I find a man in a leather harness a turn on cause he knows what he wants... who he is.. and isn't afraid to market that. At least usually. Often its more the confidence of the man rather than the particular look I find attractive. In the right setting a leather sporting big old bear is downright the sexiest guy walking... It isnt me I don't have that confidence ... yet... but I find it uber attractive in others.

Agreed. Confidence is always sexy and supercedes any look out there. A man who is confident in close...well...that's where our minds tend to roam.

I could not agree more. Doesn't really matter what that Guy is wearing though the leather does tend to scream it to the world. The man confident in who he is but not pompous (thats just overcompensation ) always gets my attention. Whether he is sporting assless chaps and halter or singing Judy at the piano bar. My head always turns to that Guy. Now its just working to become that Guy. Lol

Archived