Friday Funnies

jackhammer91406

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One Saturday morning, the pastor noticed little Johnny was staring up at the large plaque that hung in the foyer of the church. It was covered with names, and small American flags were mounted on either side of it.

The seven-year old had been staring at the plaque for some time, so The pastor walked up, stood beside the boy, and said quietly, "Good morning Johnny."

"Good morning pastor Ron," replied the young man, still focused on the plaque.

"Pastor, what is this?" Johnny asked.

"Well, son, it's a memorial to all the young men and women who died in the service."

Soberly, they stood together, staring at the large plaque. Little Johnny's voice was barely audible when he asked, "Which one, the Wednesday night or Sunday morning service?

@Charlie 's post in the "first car, first car sex" thread....

My 9th car was a 1972 Renault 12 station wagon, which my partner and I bought new, because we liked the looks, and the seats were wonderful. It was a typical French car: my partner was driving it to New York one day when the entire manual transmission gear shift disconnected and came off in his hand.

.....reminded me of this classic which I may've posted many pages ago in this thread....apologies to the sensitive.....

In Heaven, all the English are cops, all the French are cooks, all the Germans are engineers, all the Italians are lovers, and it's all run by the Swiss

In Hell, all the English are cooks, all the French are engineers, all the Germans are cops, all the Swiss are lovers, and it's all run by the Italians

On the TV coverage of the almost nightly cricket tournament the TV station shows short videos viewers have sent in of backyard cricket games. It's sponsored by a grocery chain with a $500 voucher as the nightly prize.

A couple of nights ago one video took the cake. It showed a border collie that would pick up a tennis ball and drop it into a ball-throwing machine (it's a cricket version of a pitching machine - I assume there is such a thing). The machine would then throw the ball, the dog would dash off after the ball, bring it back and repeat. It looked very pleased with itself too!

Edited by mike carey

On the TV coverage of the almost nightly cricket tournament the TV station shows short videos viewers have sent in of backyard cricket games. It's sponsored by a grocery chain with a $500 voucher as the nightly prize.

Strange what they watch in Australia. To each his own... ;)

ears-cricket-located_7e83a15f82ea359a.jpg?domain=cx.aos.ask.com

People ask me what retired people do for fun. The other day I went into town and went into a shop. I was only in there for about 5 minutes. When I came out there was a cop writing out a parking ticket.

I went up to him and said, "Come on man, how about giving a senior citizen an effin'break?"

He ignored me and continued writing the ticket. I called him a jerk. He glared at me and started writing another ticket for having worn tires. So I called him a stupid pig. He finished the second ticket and put it on the windshield with the first. Then he started writing a third ticket. This went on for about 10 minutes. The more I abused him, the more tickets he wrote.

Personally, I didn't care. My bus arrived and I went home.