• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely. Love her bow.

I'd say so.

1 and 20 for me.

So we still need 4 and 16!

Kevin Slater

Well, 4 is Tintin and his dog Snowy....

Jean-Pierre Talbot (French: [talbo]; born 12 August 1943) is a Belgian actor, best known for his lead role of Tintin in the movies Tintin and the Golden Fleece and Tintin and the Blue Oranges.

A teacher by profession, Talbot was first noted for his physical resemblance to that of Tintin while a sports instructor on a beach in Ostend. He was introduced to Hergé and the two became friends immediately. Talbot played the comic book character Tintin in the two Tintin live action films, Tintin and the Golden Fleece (Tintin et le mystère de la Toison d'or) (directed by Jean-Jacques Vierne in 1960) and Tintin and the Blue Oranges (Tintin et les Oranges Bleues) (directed by Philip Condroyer in 1964). In 1967, a third movie was scheduled but then cancelled.

Talbot did not have other movie roles and pursued a career in teaching. He was headmaster of the King Baudouin Free School before retiring. He currently resides in Spa, Belgium. Jean-Pierre Talbot enjoys tennis, skiing and canicross. He is married and has one daughter and 3 grandchildren.

(Wikipedia entry)

jean-pierre-talbot-45b2d718-8b61-46be-a792-7219adb51ab-resize-750.jpeg

What he looks like today:

10406797lpw-10471911-article-jpg_4587044_660x281.jpg

Wagnerian no doubt.

Sadly, the Lyric's 2020 production of the Ring cycle has been cancelled. However, if you are a good boy, keep a six-foot distance from others, and don't try to buy more than two cartons of milk, the spirit of Ardis Krainik will populate your dreams and sing the entire thing for you.

Edited by rvwnsd

Sadly, the Lyric's 2020 production of the Ring cycle has been cancelled. However, if you are a good boy, keep a six-foot distance from others, and don't try to buy more than two cartons of milk, the spirit of Ardis Kranik will populate your dreams and sing the entire thing for you.

Hey. That sure beats the nightmare of Jimmie Levine waiving his arms at that G-D flapping machine for 19+ hours!

Sadly, the Lyric's 2020 production of the Ring cycle has been cancelled. However, if you are a good boy, keep a six-foot distance from others, and don't try to buy more than two cartons of milk, the spirit of Ardis Kranik will populate your dreams and sing the entire thing for you.

Hey. That sure beats the nightmare of Jimmie Levine waiving his arms at that G-D flapping machine for 19+ hours!

I'm not sure who Jimmie Levine was or why he was flapping his arms, but strangely enough, considering I'm not into the opera world at all, an acquaintance of mine from my youth just retired, with the 2018-2019 season being his last, from the Chicago Lyric Opéra after being in their chorus for 26 seasons. When I knew him, he was a counter tenor. I don't know if as he grew older he did more tenor parts or not.

Gman

I'm not sure who Jimmie Levine was or why he was flapping his arms, but strangely enough, considering I'm not into the opera world at all, an acquaintance of mine from my youth just retired, with the 2018-2019 season being his last, from the Chicago Lyric Opéra after being in their chorus for 26 seasons. When I knew him, he was a counter tenor. I don't know if as he grew older he did more tenor parts or not.

Gman

James Levine is 76 years old. He was the musical director of the Metropolitan Opera for 40 years and conducted thousand of performance with the Met and other Opera companies and sympathy orchestra.

He was fired fairly recently for sexual behavior that was beyond inappropriate.

Gman

James Levine is 76 years old. He was the musical director of the Metropolitan Opera for 40 years and conducted thousand of performance with the Met and other Opera companies and sympathy orchestra.

He was fired fairly recently for sexual behavior that was beyond inappropriate.

Ahh now that you mention it, I did read about it. But why was he flapping his arms into a wind machine?

Gman

**** SPOILER ALERT *****

17. Mickey and Minnie Mouse ??

[/uSER]

Yes, that would certainly fit, although Minnie wore a number of different costumes. I'm impressed you figured those all out yourself. You must be quite the cartoon fan! Should we challenge ourselves to figure out #16?

304639bd4a42bce99f3ba5efdaa54827_image-mickey-and-minnie-mouse-clipart-clipart-panda-free-clipart-_798-567.png

Ahh now that you mention it, I did read about it. But why was he flapping his arms into a wind machine?

Gman

It wasn’t a wind machine @Gar1eth. It’s a 2 story tall contraption spanning the entire stage with 20? arms that swing up and down (sometimes noisily). During the course of the 4 Ring Cycle operas they become mountains or waves or flying horses or just a screen to project scenery on. It’s an idea of Robert LaPage of Cirque du Soleil fame. It was very expensive idea (US$20+ million) that didn’t quite work.

https://images.app.goo.gl/bcSw8QYD1QVZMM2M9

news from The Onion.....note this is comedy and sarcasm not to be taken seriously (as a couple forum members apparently have done in the past)

https://local.theonion.com/global-pandemic-that-has-killed-thousands-giving-woman-1842528634

Life imitates fiction sometimes. My place is in an incredible mess at the moment. I've actually thought I need to clean it up in case I should get infected and have to go to the hospital. I'd hate someone having to deal with it if #1 I had to be hospitalized or #2 The worst outcome happens.

Gman

STRESS DIET

Breakfast

1/2 grapefruit

1 slice whole wheat toast

8 oz. glass of milk

Lunch

4 oz. skinless broiled chicken breast

1 cup steamed zucchini

1 Oreo cookie

Herb tea

Mid-afternoon snack