jackhammer91406

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure this qualifies as FUNNY.

But ya gotta laugh...

Just when you think people can't get any stupider,

There are reports of people seeking treatment after rubbing sunscreen directly on their eyeballs in order to watch the eclipse.

http://metro.co.uk/2017/08/25/people-put-sun-cream-in-their-eyes-so-they-could-stare-at-the-eclipse-6878913/

A comedic moment rather than a 'funny'. During last week, Frederik, the Danish Crown Prince, a member of Australia's 'other' royal family, was denied access to a Brisbane night club for lack of an identification document. (Seriously, do monarchs and crown princes travel with a drivers' licence?) As they conjured with the potential international incident, staff googled and found out who he was, but the situation was saved when the relevant protection squad from the Queensland Police Service assured the venue staff that they could vouch for him and exempt him from the otherwise mandatory requirement for them to take a copy of valid ID. There followed a minor political storm as the opposition ridiculed the government's alcohol laws.

Frederik met his now wife in a bar in Sydney when he was here as a competitor in the Olympics in 2000. He is a regular visitor to this country.

A comedic moment rather than a 'funny'. During last week, Frederik, the Danish Crown Prince, a member of Australia's 'other' royal family, was denied access to a Brisbane night club for lack of an identification document. (Seriously, do monarchs and crown princes travel with a drivers' licence?) As they conjured with the potential international incident, staff googled and found out who he was, but the situation was saved when the relevant protection squad from the Queensland Police Service assured the venue staff that they could vouch for him and exempt him from the otherwise mandatory requirement for them to take a copy of valid ID. There followed a minor political storm as the opposition ridiculed the government's alcohol laws.

Frederik met his now wife in a bar in Sydney when he was here as a competitor in the Olympics in 2000. He is a regular visitor to this country.

As I recall in government class, the best laws try to make things as equitable as they can for the majority of us. People at the fringes sometimes don't get as much of its benefits.

Gman

As I recall in government class, the best laws try to make things as equitable as they can for the majority of us. People at the fringes sometimes don't get as much of its benefits.

A perhaps more insightful view of the law offered by Anatole France begins "The law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg on the streets, and to steal loaves of bread."

Gman

A perhaps more insightful view of the law offered by Anatole France begins "The law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg on the streets, and to steal loaves of bread."

Methinks you and M. France would've most likely agreed with one of my Poli Sci textbooks from college, which has continually had new editions until fairly recently.

922496.jpg

Gman

Twitter is having some typical stupid fun.... but I guess I'm not above chuckling at stupid jokes.

They're tweeting out this picture as Melania's shoes for today's Houston visit.

http://www.virtualshoemuseum.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/object_image/High-Tide-Heels2.jpg

AWESOME!!!! stole and used on FB :):)

DEDICATED TO MR. @whipped guy:

21151288_1566379250120565_2362790124688527329_n.jpg?oh=b42418d0823cdba94bda43d631787d58&oe=5A23B831

TruHart1 :cool:

BIG LOL from Whipped Guy!

However, MARIA IS NOT AMUSED! Here she is as MEDEA who has been known to throw a curse or two... or even three!

BEWARE MR. TRUHART1! BEWARE! BEWARE @TruHart1 !!!!! You have been warned! Take cover!

http://ww3.hdnux.com/photos/24/00/35/5244774/3/rawImage.jpg