Vanity Is Fair

Lucky
This topic is 5075 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest greatness

wow

They are hot!!! What are their names? I rarely watch sports so I don't know. lol.. :o

Fyi

The June issue of Vanity Fair features a number of the marquee players in the 2010 World Cup in far less than their regulation kits. Cover subjects Didier Drogba of Ivory Coast (and English Premier League club Chelsea) and Cristiano Ronaldo of Portugal (and Spanish powerhouse Real Madrid) are in nothing but patriotic briefs.

When I was in Spain a year ago, there were photos of Ronaldo everywhere, including many candids of him shirtless. In the photo on the VF cover, he looks a lot more cut than he did then. VF wouldn't do any photoshopping, would they?

Incredibly Beautiful Cristiano.

Thanks for posting this pic, Lucky. Cristiano Ronaldo is arguably the most beautiful male specimen in all professional sports on the planet. I could never get enough of him. This is VF's sexiest cover ever, too. Woof!

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe there is more Vanity in Vanity Fair than we knew if this snippet of gossip from the NY Post is to be believed:

One source told us that Ronaldo -- who earns $30 million a year and was recently linked to curvy beauty Kim Kardashian -- has complained Vanity Fair widely used his image to market its June issue. "Ronaldo is freaking out," the source said. "He says he wants to sue Vanity Fair for using his image to promote the issue everywhere.

"Even though this is pretty standard practice in the magazine world, he and his managers insist only they have control of his image and where it can be used.

"But no legal action has been launched, and there are whispers that what really upset Ronaldo was that, having stripped off to his underpants for the shoot in Madrid, he didn't envisage sharing the cover with another player photographed in Milan."

Ronaldo, 25, became the highest-paid soccer player in the world last June when Real Madrid bought him from Manchester United for a record-breaking $130 million.

But despite being one of the world's most popular players, Ronaldo, once linked to Paris Hilton, was blasted as "vain" by ex Nereida Gallardo, who told Britain's News of the World in 2008: "He likes his body to be smooth all over and would even use a hair-removal cream. He would also use tubs of moisturizer, coating every part of his body . . . His house is full of mirrors so he's always walking around glancing at himself."

I would not be surprised by the guy having lots of mirrors at his house. Some hot Brasilian men whom I've met seem to be fascinated by having their pics taken as well as viewing themselves in mirrors! I don't know if this is indicative of "a lot vs some!"

• 1 month later...

Archived