GleeMania!

This topic is 1010 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I'm a big fan of Glee. But I thought tonight's Christmas episode didn't live up the hype..not sure why I was disappointed with it...Just was.

I missed (or avoided) the hype, I guess. I found the episode enjoyable but nothing to knock me out. For some reason, i enjoyed 'Baby It's Cold Outside' more than I did when i wacthed it on YouTube.

Overall, i do feel that this season isn't quite as good as previous, but I can't pin down why. Again, some of the situations are just a little *too over-the-top. And none of the relationships really grab me - hopefully things will speed up with Kurt! Santana needs some development, and the new girl. I am starting to like 'The Beast.

Guest greatness

lol.. you are so creative.. They can do that for "Singing in the shower(rain)" Kisses and hugs~~~

"The Warblers" has some good directions it can move in (heh heh how about Blain and the boys singing in the shower....),

Definitely fine, but I find those lips a bit distracting - like a love-child of Mick Jagger & Tina Turner.

Hey seeker, are you thinking of Chord Overstreet's big lips? They are full and plump (like Mick and Tina). On the other hand, Darren Criss's lips are just right for me!

some of the new characters in the original group are great, but I also fear that some of the original members are growing up too fast and looking a bit too old now (even after one plus years??) to be playing high school GLEEKS.

Expect more new characters in the Glee club. Part of it is they're setting up for graduation at the end of this season. Cory Monteith (Finn), for example, will be closing in on 30. It's time he graduated! (I think Chord Overstreet was brought in specifically to be the club's resident football jock when Monteith and Salling leave the show.)

Ryan Murphy recently made a remark something like "nobody believes a HS kid with a bald spot".

Hey seeker, are you thinking of Chord Overstreet's big lips? They are full and plump (like Mick and Tina). On the other hand, Darren Criss's lips are just right for me!

*smacks forehead*

My bad - you're right. For some reason, I keep getting the names of the actual cast members mixed up!

I actually find Darren Criss more attractive than Overstreet - tho it's hard to forget those abs!

Guest greatness

I watched-Glee Baby, it's cold outside it 100 times now .. lol. It makes me cry.. They are so cute together and really dance and move well.. If I were Kurt, guys would say "Hey you can leave now." to my "But it's cold outside.." .. Sigh.. Kisses and hugs~~~

I was a bit disappointed with the sectionals and Xmas episodes from this season. However, the Holly Holiday and Britney episodes were brilliant. Absolutely. And the gay bullying episode brought me to tears.

Guest DuchessIvanaKizznhugg
......tho it's hard to forget those abs!

Just in case you're forgetting........;)

http://i965.photobucket.com/albums/ae139/DuchessIvanaKizznhugg/Glee-Shirtles-Guys-1.jpg

Guest greatness

Your grace.. Teenage Dream clip is awesome.. I have been watching it almost everyday~~~ Anyways, thank you for post it. You are a true Duchess. Kisses and hugs~~~

I too watch this a few dozen times a night together with the second "Warblers" song from the Sectionals show http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-Ysqz_sMU0

and then the full sequence of "Baby It's Cold Outside" and you realize he is a very talented singer-dancer-actor. I am constantly amazed at the talent that continues to appear on GLEE -- the so-called "Triple Threats" of young actors who are great also at singing and dancing.

As for Darren, I am mezmerized by his ability to show such great expressions (face and hands) that match the music, and when he moves, dances and glides across a floor, he realy is great. I imagine he could have quite a future in musical theatre.

I have to say that one of my favorite clips so far, and I may be the only person that thinks this.....is their compilation of Singin' in the Rain and Under My Umbrella. I just think that the choreography and mixes are extremely well done.

I agree Ryan, that performance was incredible...and definitely the most sophisticated and technical choreography on "Glee" to date, imho. I love this refreshingly different show and hope it stays strong in the ratings for a good while.

Guest greatness

I think they have done a great job in editing too.

that performance was incredible...and definitely the most sophisticated and technical choreography on "Glee" to date, imho. I love this refreshingly different show and hope it stays strong in the ratings for a good while.
Edited by greatness

That's terrific news. I hope they all win!

Personally, I think they should all be practicing the "it's an honor just to be nominated" spiel. :)

Lea Michelle and Matthew Morrison aren't exactly leads, and there are some real powerhouses in their categories. (Morrison vs. Steve Carrell and Alec Baldwin? Feh!)

Jane Lynch is possible. She wasn't nominated last year and it was regarded by many as a major snub, and she went on win Emmy in the same category. Could be a "kiss and make up" from HFP, but Sofia Vergara from "Modern Family is in the same category and (IMO) is the likely winner.

The interesting nom is Curt Colfer. That 20 year old may walk away with it.

Guest DuchessIvanaKizznhugg
So why is he in a wheelchair on the show has it been explained?

In one of the earlier episodes, he told his girlfriend Tina that he was left paralyzed following a car crash when he was eight years old.

And why oh why did we have back-to-back REPEAT episodes this week? I cannot figure out this new thing in the US on the major stations of having repeats even before a season ends.... (sigh - for the years when re-runs only happened in the summer...)

Get used to repeats. The next "new" episode will be the post-Superbowl episode. (i.e. some time in January)

Last year, the Glee season was broken up because of the Olympics which wiped a couple of weeks off of the schedule mid-season. This year, I guess they figured the mid-season hiatus worked so they're doing it again over the holidays. (That's my guess, anyway.)