GleeMania!

This topic is 1010 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Ryan Murphy has been circumspect on the subject of Kurt's boyfriend except for saying they'll become the MHS power couple. That leaves Darren Criss out of it (sadly) since he's playing a student at a different school. The existing cast, as well as Chord Overstreet, have been ruled out by Ryan Murphy himself.

But that kiss from last night certainly added a new plot twist, coming as it did at the beginning of a multi-episode story arc on bullying. Could that be the beginning of a budding new romance?

Guest FTLdude

I think I must be the only one who doesn't watch GLEE at all. Keep hearing and reading about this show but I've never seen it. Doesn't really sound like the type of TV I'd like.

SPOILER ALERT- don't read this if you haven;t wactehd the episode & intend to.

There were some moving parts in this weeks episode, but I ended feeling somewhat disappointed. I found the whole plot line of Sue marrying herself jarred against the serious plot strands of bullying & the relationshiip between Finn & Kurt. While it had some serious aspects of its own (including the bullying), it just seemed too far out & unbeleiveable - even for this show. And Sue's actions (resigining as principal) didn't seem in character, even considering the continuing revelation of her humanity. Just my opinion, of course.

Guest DuchessIvanaKizznhugg

Love it love it love it.

I think it's quirky, and goofy, and, yes, maybe even a big sack of sissy shit.

But in a country that has serious issues with dialogue about all things gay, this show gets kudos for pushing the envelope... and for doing it in such an entertaining way.

Wasn't a big fan of the Carol Burnett story line, and think that Sue marrying herself didn't have enough set up, but still.

Mr. Schue singing at the wedding? (He could do a whole album of latin flavour.)

Sue calling Kurt "Lady" before settling on "Porcelain".

Sue saying "I will expel him faster than a Thai takeout place can read back a delivery order!"

The hour always seems to fly by.

And now....for a sneak peak of next week's show!![video=youtube;12rmX_d8L2U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12rmX_d8L2U

In the beginning I thought interest in GLEE was over the top - and I thought this without actually ever sitting through an episode.

About 9 months ago, however, I was bored with everything else offered in its time slot, and began watching. The excellent work in the music numbers, the story lines, and the very different and yet intriguing characters (not to mention the eye candy...) hooked me that first time, and since then I am addicted.

Now, however, I am even more caught up with the Darren Criss character, and thank Duchess for the preview -- I just wiped my evening slate clean for next week's show. Something about him, the way he sings and dances (I am really lusting over his two-stepping as he sings, and dream of a scene where he will do it with gym shorts or less.... but I digress....), and I agree the show really addresses in a serious way some major issues that many of us should hear occasionally and that they do it addressing a younger crowd is great.

And hey - it is the best weekly musical entertainment program around these days.

(PS - I too love all things Carol Burnett, and though the whole Sue's marriage scene was a bit tougg to sit through... I cannot ever turn the channel when Carol is there.)

Baby It's Cold Outside

A track from the Christmas album.

It may not last long on YouTube, but enjoy while you can.

Totally adorable.

[video=youtube;318EGhxSuzA]

Now I am getting addicted to all the numbers with Darren Criss on GLEE -- interestingly, when he sings his usual tracks at clubs and other places on the net, he does not have the same effect (and come on, admit it, the "preppy look" is much better than the way he usually looks - almost like a totally different person). The number they will sing next week (see above) has some really harsh comments from Gleesters who do not seem to understand the "sound" of an all-male Glee Club; personally I like the sound of the Warblers fine enough (and could watch and listen to them, blazers and all 24/7).

ANOTHER fun episode!

Absolutely everything was shaken up....good to see other characters being developed.

LOVED the Rachel / Kurt duet from Evita.

Pour moulting canary lol!

Methinks (hopes?) the stifling of the Dalton Acadamy will see Kurt transfer back to MacKinley High.

I'm sure this video won't last long on YouTube, so enjoy while you can.

[video=youtube;5nBKKYi93H8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nBKKYi93H8

Methinks (hopes?) the stifling of the Dalton Acadamy will see Kurt transfer back to MacKinley High.

The Blaine/Kurt mashup on "Baby it's cold outside" sort of telegraphs that:

"I really can't stay"

"Baby it's cold outside"

And don't get me started on k.d. lang's "You're a mean one, Mr. Grinch", with pronouns transposed to female. I wonder who would make a good Grinch..... ;)

Sneak peek of 2 numbers from next week's show....including Kurt & Blaine with "Baby, it's cold outside" and Rachel singing "Merry Christmas, darling."

Enjoy!

Guest Fluffytest
Glee hottie Chord Overstreet rocks a pair of geek-chic glasses on the red carpet. More pics at JustJared. I think I just had a geekgasm ...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_0jRnhANb6QY/TOHlqk0FukI/AAAAAAAACg0/amkMJxmcF94/s1600/chord-overstreet-2.jpg

Oh, geeky glasses are so hot. I'm not turned on by blonds (or young men) though.

I have to agree. I was waiting all week to see how they would develope the hype of the promo -- I did like seeing the "Baby, It's Cold Outside" scene, but thought it was a lame set-up. To me almost all of the other songs and scenes fell flat -- as if they were trying too hard, and pulling at stings every which way for a theme.

Is it me, or do other fans sense that the writers and producers are moving too far from the original script? The addition of the new school glee club, "The Warblers" has some good directions it can move in (heh heh how about Blain and the boys singing in the shower....), and some of the new characters in the original group are great, but I also fear that some of the original members are growing up too fast and looking a bit too old now (even after one plus years??) to be playing high school GLEEKS.

Still I am completely smitten by Darren Criss... and so as long as HIS character is in the line-up each week, I will be glued to the TV.

Edited by adriano46