American Idol: Season 9

JackTwist
This topic is 5098 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Cooper, you may be in the majority on that, but I disagree. I thought he did a good job. The girl that followed him, Katie, got good reviews for her song, but, to me, it seemed just as sleepy a version as his. I expressed this opinion to some friends who are Idol fans, and they disagreed, thinking that Katie was much better than Aaron.

Tonight we see David Archuleta again, and no doubt he will show how much better he is than Aaron. But if I were going to kick anyone off, it would be Siobhan Magnus.

For what it's worth, the website votefortheworst.com is pushing people to vote for Tim Urban, saying:

"So keep voting for Timmy so that he can make it to the top 8 to be mentored by Adam Lamebert and learn how to shove a guy's crotch in his face during a performance."

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AI instruments...

Interesting choices...

Casey James, singing "Jealous Guy", played the acoustic guitar.

Lee Dewyze, singing "Hey Jude", was joined by a Scottish man wearing kilts, walking down that long staircase, playing bagpipes. :confused:

Crystal Bowersox, singing "Come Together", was accompanied by a man playing the didgeridoo (a hollowed log instrument).

Not sure if it added to their performances but it was different.

Coop

Idol: April 7

American Idol was intense tonight. Michael Lynch received the lowest scores after being in the bottom two with Andrew Garcia. But the judges used their only save this season to keep Michael on the show! What do you think? Did the judges make the correct decision or should "Big Mike" have gone home?

http://www.etonline.com/media/photo/2010/02/139300/400_mlynche_americanidol_100217_mbecker_fox.jpg

Just My Opinion:

I think Big Mike is over-rated and should have gone home. Idol producers have dedicated a disproportionate amount of time this season promoting Mike's "back-story" (his wife delivering baby while he was at Idol's Hollywood Week auditions). They have consistently highlighted his being a personal trainer, his muscles and large size, his wife & baby, etc. It's sorta like the "Danny Gokey effect" where his story has grown tiresome (at least to me).

I had to go to page three to find the Idol thread. Its ratings are down this season, too. After last night's show, it's easy to see why people are losing interest. Adam Lambert says the singers need to wake up, and he is right. Last week David Archuleta showed how it's done, and tonight Adam will no doubt put all the current contestants to shame as he sings live.

Tim Urban showed off his arms last night, maybe saving him for another week. Oh, he sang pretty well too. He needs to do a number in a tank top to keep going though. Well, I'd like it.

Agreeing with Lucky

Tim Urban showed off his arms last night, maybe saving him for another week. Oh, he sang pretty well too. He needs to do a number in a tank top to keep going though. Well, I'd like it.

Lucky, I agree wholeheartedly with you. I hope Adam shows 'em how it's done tonight. I'm also predicting Tim Urban will make it through another week. He may, however, have to sing naked (or at least in his tight skivvies) to motivate me to vote for him! Seriously, given Idol's target audience of younger viewers this season, Tim could very well make it to the Top 5.

Now kick all but Crystal Bowersox and Lee DeWyze to the curb and let's fast-forward to the season finale! Crystal has true talent. Lee is very good and improves substantially every week. You should not have to train or "mentor" someone to have talent. They have it or they don't. Crystal and Lee have what it takes to have successful music careers. The other five contestants?...Not so much.

Have it dont have it Cowboy and a few other points

I could not disagree more. This show is not just about finding a label for a person.

Adam Lambert was a nobody strumming the streets of LA. He certainly had it before he came on the show but could get nowhere. This show provides connections like nothing else can for all the entrants.

Second Lee made it clear that Adam was in fact a very positive influence. He was just there and gave great advice to all. They all did not follow it though. I am still not sure Lee is the greatest thing since sliced bread. Crystal to me is still on top clearly.

I am surprised it took Idol so long to bring back for Idols. Who else knows better what the grind is all about. Danny Gokey stated that Randy Travis's suggestion to try country was a valuable insight that he may not have done without that meeting.

Have there been terrible choices for mentors, hell yeah! Mariah Carey, Miley Cyrus, Donna Summers, Diana Ross (maybe the worst), just to name a few.

As to ratings slip nine seasons not unusual for a show, but it is still one of the best water cooler shows around, it is also going against Lost's final season. It will be interesting to see how the Idol/Glee package works. I will say they will need a very credible person to take Simon's place. That is what is going to drive the show early on next season. I would put a vote in for David Foster who has been on the show as a mentor and excellent feel for the music industry.

They still draw huge numbers for the auditions and the tour is still making money. The Idol brand is also big bucks too. But I expect other fine tuning for next season too. One rumor has Idol actually raising the age limit, allowing duets to audience and judges will share the picking of the top 12 and bring back wild card. I think the best thought is getting Ryan to talk less, trim the results show, less chit chat on competition night and maybe more singing.

Since Simon is leaving maybe Adam Lambert could step in as a judge. Wouldn't that be a hoot. I hope Urban does sing in his skivvies or a thong. I don't vote, but while I'm watching his performance over and over again I would pick up the phone and cast my vote for him. While I agree that Idol is still a very well oiled machine and certainly a cash cow for Fox, I think this season sucks.

Crystal Considered Quitting Idol...

They still draw huge numbers for the auditions and the tour is still making money. The Idol brand is also big bucks too. But I expect other fine tuning for next season too. One rumor has Idol actually raising the age limit, allowing duets to audience and judges will share the picking of the top 12 and bring back wild card. I think the best thought is getting Ryan to talk less, trim the results show, less chit chat on competition night and maybe more singing.

Bart, you make some very valid points. Perhaps you should join the Idol production team asap! Crystal is definitely the front-runner, imho. I was surprised to read that she seriously considered quitting the show two weeks ago: http://tv.yahoo.com/news/article/tv.accesshollywood.com/tv.accesshollywood.com-american-idols-crystal-bowersox-almost-quits-seacrest-saves-her.

Goodfella

Guest ChgoBoy

*****spoiler alert********

*****spoiler alert********

Do not read further if you want to continue the excitement (or lack there of) of this program.

wait Do not read further

wait Do not read further

wait Do not read further

wait Do not read further

wait Do not read further

wait Do not read further

Ok now it should be safe.....

Lee Dewyze is YOUR next American Idol. Bank it.

http://i576.photobucket.com/albums/ss204/Srb412/Lee-Dewyze-01-2010-03-30.jpg

Do you think maybe you are a little biased??? Crystal's performance was head and shoulders above all others. However, Lee gave an excellent performance and it was great to see both did songs that had not been on Idol before. I think Lee will be there at the end and it would be great to see two very unassuming individuals who very very talented be in the finals. It would be a difficult choice but Crystal is the person to beat at this point. It was great to see the connection at the end of the show with her father. The rest of the performers paled in comparison to these two.

Predicting a Lee & Crystal Final.

Lee Dewyze is YOUR next American Idol. Bank it.

Good prediction, ChgoBoy. I hope you are right on the money. It will be a travesty if it isn't a Lee Dewyze & Crystal Bowersox final. They have both consistently rocked it all season. It's also pretty cool that they both started their Idol journey at the Chicago audition!

http://static.tvfanatic.com/images/gallery/lee-d_305x432.jpghttp://img69.imageshack.us/img69/3189/algidolbowersox.jpg

Guest ChgoBoy
Do you think maybe you are a little biased???

No, not really. I've even grown to be rational and fair minded about my Cubs, which I have been heart scarred by every year since 1972 when I moved here. It's like pealing a shallot, But I digress. :confused:

Personally, I love Crystal, and I think she's fabulous, but I think she's fading under pressure. At first I found her to be somewhat stuck on herself, (I know I'm great - get on with my greatness comments from the judges etc) then as weeks passed, I realized she's probably just a huge talent less comfortable with self expression outside of when she's on stage singing.

Tonight though, sorry, I just thought she was uninspiring and less than interesting. But she looked beautiful. Of course, the judges wont say that because, to some extent, all their comments are meant to sway the television audience, in one direction or another, without really coming across as telling you who to vote for (for those more musically challenged and needy viewers out there.) It's like how they position the singers throughout the show. Who opens and who closes the show is by no means chance or luck of the draw. It's a carefully crafted program. Some weeks it's a power position to open the program and others to close. It's all about last weeks ratings.

When the balloons drop, it will be Lee standing under them I really believe, just because when you listen to all of his performances, he excels in versatility, diversity and growth by a hair over Crystal and seems to be overtaking his lack of confidence which was clearly present from the beginning.

And If I could, I'd grab Arron Kelly and hug him to death with all my love and vote him the one with the biggest balls for simply standing his own and being, well, at his age, simply the most courageous, inspiring and joyful one to listen to. :)

Amazing Aaron

And If I could, I'd grab Arron Kelly and hug him to death with all my love and vote him the one with the biggest balls for simply standing his own and being, well, at his age, simply the most courageous, inspiring and joyful one to listen to. :)

I agree with you 100 percent regarding 16 year-old Aaron Kelly! I love this little guy with the huge, powerful voice. Let's face the sad fact: if Aaron had Tim Urban's Abercrombie & Fitch looks, he would at least make it to the Top 3. He at least deserves to stay around a couple more weeks.

Okay first I have to admit to mistake I was wrong, song Crystal performed was done before.

Aaron Kelly really you guys are that impressed, not at this point. I think all of the contestants except Crystal and Lee have stopped growing. Aaron and Casey have both topped out. They have no more left in the gas tank.

I actually think it will be Aaron and Tim last two standing on the stage, I am hoping for shocking developments and they decide to send both home, but being inspirational evening the shocking development could be they both stay and two go home next week as they did a couple of years ago with Jordan the lone person standing at the end of the evening.

Finally, dont know what you were listening other than heart hoping Crystal would crash and burn, but not a single credible source is panning Crystal's performance and I found two that have, Fox on Idols and AOL TV, that have panned Lee's performance as okay but did not like the arrangement of the song and weird that it was used as inspirational. Take for what it is worth. There are still more weeks ahead and voters sympathies shift as contestants leave the show. Adam grew last season but peaked one week two early and needed Danny Gokey in the final to win not underdog Kris Allen. David Cook was the vote leader from week 5 on despite the supposed leader David Archuletta. Crystal's emotion last night will probably carry her for awhile plus Lee was early in the night. It will be interesting to see who is bottom 3 tonight, that will be the first indication who has staying power and who does not.

Chiboy great to have the debate with someone who is proud of city as I was with Gokey last year, especially with a city that loves to spend millions on toxic waste like Milton Bradley and Sorriano.

I think the Boxer is an inspirational song though the oft overlooked Changes after Changes stanzas are a bit of a down. " In a Clearing stands a boxer and a fighter by his trade, and he carries the reminders of every glove that cut him down and caused him to cry out in his anger in his pain, I am leaving I am leaving. But the Boxer still remains." Perserverence and the ability to go on when you have bottomed out and still with those scars be standing in the clearing.

Guest ChgoBoy
especially with a city that loves to spend millions on toxic waste like Milton Bradley and Sorriano.

Ouch! And touche'. Well, one down, one to go. Poor Seattle!

Goodbye Tim Urban...

Farewell to hunky "all I can really do is smile" Tim Urban.

Damn, I was beginning to dig Tim, too, but not necessarily for his voice.:) I just enjoyed staring at his sparkling eyes, pearly whites, ripped biceps and lil' tight butt during his performances...If it wasn't for the microphone I wouldn't have even known he was singing.

http://urbantim.com/wp-content/themes/thesis_16/custom/rotator/tu.jpg

Adios Tim.

Tim is as cute as they cum, but I agree it was his time to go home. Hey, all good things must cum to an end, right? Hopefully we will see more of Tim in a venue that might suit him better and where he can run around more sans shirt (like on "Survivor" or "Amazing Race" or "Big Brother").

Goodfella

Top Six Singing Shania...

Shania Twain was one of the most constructive guest judges during the audition process so its not surprising they've brought her back to mentor the Top 6 and have them sing her tunes for this week's Idol. I just hope we're not in store for some poor kountry karaoke! With 4 male contestants and 2 unconventional female contestants singing sassy Shania Twain hits, Idol should at least be amusing Tuesday night.

http://www.homorazzi.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/american-idol-shania-twain.jpg

Reasons to Watch Idol Wednesday...

Country music trios Lady Antebellum and Rascal Flatts will perform on Wednesday night's American Idol "results show" this week. Both groups feature some hot man eye-candy:

http://image.pollstar.com/WeblogFiles/pollstar/0811090546211249940_7874_v1.jpg

Joe Don Rooney of "Rascall Flatts"

http://i.imgur.com/2QBXx.jpg

Charles Kelley of "Lady Antebellum"

Since Simon is leaving maybe Adam Lambert could step in as a judge. Wouldn't that be a hoot. I hope Urban does sing in his skivvies or a thong. I don't vote, but while I'm watching his performance over and over again I would pick up the phone and cast my vote for him. While I agree that Idol is still a very well oiled machine and certainly a cash cow for Fox, I think this season sucks.

You are really fantasizing about "skivvies or thongs," or are you being quite facetious? -:)

And I truly have to agree with you: I have NOT liked this season and have watched only a few of this year's show. Once the "top" six or five arrive-- I might become much more interested to find out to see who is victorious in 2010!

Archived