American Idol: Season 9

JackTwist
This topic is 5098 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Casey James: Not As Hungry to Win?

So Casey James left Idol this week. Casey is damn sexy and not a bit cocky about it. He's a gentle-spirit, a talented instrumentalist and possesses a great voice. Hopefully, he will find his niche in the recording industry and enjoy a rewarding music career. Imho, most weeks Casey made lousy song choices that had no "wow" factor to them. His laid-back and mellow demeanor was appealing to his fans, but it may have also been his demise. Ultimately, Casey didn't seem as "hungry" to win as Lee DeWyze and Crystal Bowersox.

http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/8660/281x211l.jpg

"Goldilocks" Crooner: Casey James

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It took 3 months to reach the obvious... that Crystal Bowersox and Lee DeWyze would be in the finals. No surprise. Both are very talented singers and head-n-shoulders over their competition. It will be interesting to see which way the voters go... Last night Casey James received the least amount of votes, not sure if he's going to have a huge singing career ahead of him but he does have a devoted following.

Coop

A few minutes ago while I reclined on my sofa-- my mind wandered to this contest and to what transpired last night. Yes, the two contenders are indeed rather talented; I don't really have any one favorite between them, but what I don't want to happen is that which happened last year and a few years previously. The "best" voice did not win.

Last year Adam should have won, but what did the American voters do? The year that that gray haired guy won-- he definitely should not have. And years ago although Ruben had a great voice and won-- Clay Aiken seemingly has done better in his career.

So, I guess, that this year I am NEUTRAL. Whoever wins will be all right with me. -:) Both are highly talented as well as deserving!!!!!

Lee's Hallelujah...Simply Incredible!

Lee DeWyze, a paint salesman from Illinois, is the clear favorite to win American Idol next week. The 24-year-old aspiring artist stole the show (and the season's crown, in my opinion) when singing the theme of Leonard Cohen “Hallelujah!” Lee's interpretation made the Idol studio audience explode in thunderous standing ovations. His awe-inspiring performance literally gave me goose bumps. Watch Lee's performance here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Te42ioevqnI

The 24-year-old aspiring artist stole the show (and the season's crown, in my opinion) when singing the theme of Leonard Cohen “Hallelujah!” Lee's interpretation made the Idol studio audience explode in thunderous standing ovations.

i liked both of Lee's songs...his version of Hallelujah was probably the best moment of the entire season (other than lee & crystal's duet).

I much preferred Jason Castro's version of Hallelujah. He didn't screech all over the place! For that matter, even Tim Urban did a nicer job of it.

Gee, one man's screech can be another's dulcet tones. Screech away, Lee.

Idol SUCKS!

This was the absolute worst season of Idol I've seen. Never could watch it live. I had it recorded and fast-forwarded through 50%. Idol is the greediest mother fucker on TV. The producers have destroyed it with endless commercials and hour-long, waste-of-time elimination bullshit. Idol's form of audience manipulation is more tired than a Cher comeback tour (but Cher is much more fun to watch).

The contestants this year SUCKED THE BIG ONE. I predict none of them will do well selling CDs. If I see one more guitar, if I hear one more version of Hallulujah, I may have to step into deej's avatar.

Tim Urban was the worst singer ever. He did not deserve to be cast in this contest. Yes, he had a mighty fine pack of abs and pecs but Idol is a singing contest (although it could quickly turn into a wet t-shirt contest). Every time Urban made his dopey smiley face, I wanted to slap it and say, "Snap out of it!"

Lee DeWyze is more boring than watching paint dry in Illinois. His performance hasn't changed since auditions. No growth whatsoever. He still makes the same stupid looking faces that say, "Gee, what the fuck am I doin' here?" Plus, he sings out of the side of his mouth. Give me a fucking break. You call this a recording star? I can't stop laughing.

Bowersox probably has a made-for-tv story and, if you were a Joplin fan, I could see why people might want to listen to her sound. But for me, awful! Her teeth are gross and I will never get black false eyelashes with blonde dreads. Stupid and ugly! A marketing nightmare!

Casey also didn't belong on Idol. His voice was so ordinary and lacked any serious range. Removing his shirt at auditions (and his pretty hair) drove his popularity with the silly girls that pick up a phone and vote. Too bad Casey didn't have Urban's definition. Casey walked like he had a butt-plug stuck up his ass. Always wondered about that.

It'll be interesting to see what Fox does with this tired turkey. I always thought Simon was the glue. But, the truth is, if they cast more talent like Adam Lambert, they could go on forever, regardless of who sits at the judge's table.

American Idol 2010: Lee DeWyze

http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/1149/leedewyzeamericanidol20.jpg

Dark horse Lee DeWyze was crowned American Idol last night, beating soul singer Crystal Bowersox in one of the most stunning upsets in the show’s nine season history (in my opinion). May both Lee and Crystal be prosperous and enjoy success and longevity in their music careers.

Dark horse Lee DeWyze was crowned American Idol last night, beating soul singer Crystal Bowersox in one of the most stunning upsets in the show’s nine season history (in my opinion). May both Lee and Crystal be prosperous and enjoy success and longevity in their music careers.

I don't think it was an upset at all. DeWyze is just the sort of boring, whitebread, dull, boy that appeals to most of the middle-America voters who watch this insipid show. Bowersox will have a great career; DeWyze will be the white Ruben Stoddard.

I congratulate both Lee and Crystal and think both careers will definitely flourish, but if I were to buy the cds of either-- I would more than likely purchase Crystal's. I wanted her to win but am not bitter with the initial outcome.

In terms of this contest ending in an upset-- I think that is completely incorrect. Check out what transpired on Tuesday night, the evening where both sang three songs each. The judges gave Crystal stellar reviews and encouraging strokes to Lee.

Last year was definitely an upset; Adam was far superior over that "hottie" Chris who'd I love to be involved sexually! Unfortunately-- "America" was NOT READY to acknowledge "ALL" of Adam!

To end this I liked the finale of this year's show; it was much better than the weekly ones which I did not begin to view and involve myself until the 5th or 6th talents were selected.

Lee was NO "dark horse!" He was a major, major contender, and I congratulate him although I was wanting Crystal to win this year's contest! -:)

There is a site dialidol.com According to their prognostications, it was Lee and not even close. Now the 2% disparity in votes was over the course of the whoe season, must of which has Crystal as the runaway #1. I enjoyed them both. Crystal will polish up her look and Lee will polish up his act and next season, when they are back, you will see how close the IDol maching came to making them silk purses.

Crystal and Boyfriend Split the Night Before Finale'

If you followed Am Idol this season, you will recall Crystal introduced her long-time boyfriend on the show and mentioned he was the inspiration for a couple of the songs she performed. Her beau was often seated front & center, cheering for Crystal each week. She announced today that they have split amicably: http://tv.yahoo.com/american-idol/show/34934/news/tv.accesshollywood.com/tv.accesshollywood.com-crystal-bowersox-boyfriend-split-eve-idol-finale

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) – "American Idol" winner Lee DeWyze failed to crack Billboard's Top 10 singles and digital charts in one of the most tepid debuts yet from a champion of the top-rated reality TV show.

DeWyze's cover version of U2's "Beautiful Day" entered in 12th place on the digital charts with 95,000 downloads, and in 24th place on the Hot 100 singles charts, according to Nielsen SoundScan data on Thursday.

Runner-up Crystal Bowersox fared no better. Her finale song last week, "Up To the Mountain", debuted at No. 57 on the singles charts and 32nd place on the digital charts with 49,000 downloads.

The pair's "Falling Slowly" duet from earlier in the season came in at No. 66 on the Billboard Hot 100 singles charts.

Both DeWyze and Bowersox were overshadowed by singer Katy Perry, whose "California Gurls" retook top billing on the digital charts with 269,000 downloads, according to Nielsen SoundScan.

Last year's "American Idol" winner, Kris Allen, sold 134,00 digital downloads of the original song "No Boundaries" in its first week, entering at No.4. The 2008 champion, David Cook, moved 236,000 downloads and grabbed the No.1 digital spot with his single "The Time of My Life", Billboard said.

The lukewarm reception for DeWyze and Bowersox, who both signed recording contracts with Sony Entertainment Group, follows the lowest-rated finale since 2002 for the Fox television network's "American Idol".

Nielsen data showed that 24.2 million viewers tuned in to Fox last week to watch the former paint salesman take the crown in the finale to a 9th season that lost some 9 percent of its audience overall, but remained the most-watched TV show in the United States.

Fans and media watchers say the format for "Idol" is showing its age, and blamed mediocre contestants and lack of chemistry on the judges panel for the dwindling audience.

Wellby now there are about 100 American Idol finalists. About 10 have done well but the success of the rest is measured against the success of those that went before. They have Tony nominations, Grammys, an Oscar and numerous People's Choice Type Awards. To do anything truly novel as an American Idol winner, one would have to have the novelty of Kelly Clarkson, the girl next door appeal of Carrie Underwood, the musical intensity of Daughtry, the youthful enthusiasm of Jordan Sparks, the versality of Jennifer Hudson, the devoted following of Clay Aiken, the down home sex appeal of Kelly Pickler, and rich soulful tones of Fantasia etc. Hard to mix all that up and find that person starting out with a few notes in a stadium in Oklahoma City or Portland Oregon.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived