College Football Predictions: Final Top 5 BCS Rankings

GoodFella69
This topic is 5258 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

We all know this much: The BCS has failed again. But this year it has failed miserably. As of tonight (January 2), the system is stuck with four undefeated teams, and upon conclusion of the bowls, on Jan. 7, there will still be two undefeateds left.

Any other "Daddy's Forum" collegiate football fans willing to predict the final Top 5 BCS rankings? Here's my best guess:

1. Texas

2. TCU

3. Alabama

4. Florida

5. Ohio State

How do you foresee it?

We all know this much: The BCS has failed again. But this year it has failed miserably. As of tonight (January 2), the system is stuck with four undefeated teams, and upon conclusion of the bowls, on Jan. 7, there will still be two undefeateds left.

Any other "Daddy's Forum" collegiate football fans willing to predict the final Top 5 BCS rankings? Here's my best guess:

1. Texas

2. TCU

3. Alabama

4. Florida

5. Ohio State

How do you foresee it?

I am sorry--I don't understand. What is this thing you call--"foot-balls":confused:

Gman--almost completely clueless on sports and many other things

But, You are so sweet...It doesn't even matter.

I am sorry--I don't understand. What is this thing you call--"foot-balls":confused:

Awww, but G-Man, you are so cute and adorable and sometimes hot & naughty that it doesn't even matter if you don't know about football! We still Love ya'.

:)

I realize that BCS stands for Bowl Championship Series but as far as I'm concerned it stands for Bowl Championship Shit. I have hated this stupid system since its inception and as far as I'm concerned they should dig a deep hole and bury it. It is really no more accurate than the old system where the sports writers voted. Granted the number of sports writers in the east put the schools in the west and southwest at a disadvantage but, in the end, it was no more unfair than the current "system".

I always enjoyed having the winner of the Pac10 play the winner of the Big10 in the Rose Bowl. This years Rose Bowl game between Oregon and Ohio State brought many fond memories of just that. The BCS is proof certain that all change is not good simply because it represents change. Let's go back to the old style bowl games.

I realize that BCS stands for Bowl Championship Series but as far as I'm concerned it stands for Bowl Championship Shit. I have hated this stupid system since its inception and as far as I'm concerned they should dig a deep hole and bury it. It is really no more accurate than the old system where the sports writers voted. Granted the number of sports writers in the east put the schools in the west and southwest at a disadvantage but, in the end, it was no more unfair than the current "system".

I always enjoyed having the winner of the Pac10 play the winner of the Big10 in the Rose Bowl. This years Rose Bowl game between Oregon and Ohio State brought many fond memories of just that. The BCS is proof certain that all change is not good simply because it represents change. Let's go back to the old style bowl games.

I agree Epigonos. Something needs to change. The system is broken.

Alabama is #1 and Florida is #2. The rest are wannabes & pretenders scrambling for a moment in the sun. The SEC rules.

http://bleacherreport.com/images_root/image_pictures/0012/3460/sec_article.jpg

Texas #1 and TCU #2? Bless your heart, GoodFella, are you feeling feverish?

I can not understand why folks don't accept the obvious & officially recognize the SEC championship as the real National championship. Sure would put a rest to all the fuss about the BCS and playoffs and the bowl committees could go back to what they know something about: picking teams that will draw the most high spending supporters.

Texas Tech and Cincinnati both lose their coaches before the bowl game, but #5 Cincinnati gets crushed in the game, while Tech wins a thriller (OK, Michigan State, even with all the players that didn't make it to San Antonio, is not Florida, but the point still holds that Cincy was way overranked). Is Texas really better than Florida? Although I enjoy seeing Tebow get spanked--figuratively, but I would probably enjoy it even more literally, especially if I were the one doing it--I think Florida is the better team, and Alabama will spank McCoy in Pasadena (I would love to spank him literally--he is so cute!).

My picks:

1. Alabama

2. Florida

3. Ohio State

4. Texas

5. ?

Guest DuchessIvanaKizznhugg

http://i.usatoday.net/sports/_photos/2008/10/29/carterx.jpg

"L'OREAL. Because you're worth it."

;)

Guest greatness

I agree

Gar1eth... same here. I know nothing about football. :)

Tears in Texas, the tide is crimsom...

Associated Press Final Rankings

1. Alabama (60) 14-0 1500

2. Texas 13-1 1399

3. Florida 13-1 1370

4. Boise State 14-0 1366

5. Ohio State 11-2 1224

6. TCU 12-1 1163

7. Iowa 11-2 1126

8. Cincinnati 12-1 1060

9. Penn State 11-2 1016