Tiger, out of the woods?

glutes
This topic is 1148 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JayJohnsic62ic62

This should give you a pretty good idea!!

What I would like to see is what his wife did to him with the golf club. :)

http://68.178.194.211/gallery/data/634/eltigre_2_.jpg

A source close to Woods tells me that the links legend's spouse is being paid a hefty seven-figure amount -- immediately transferred into an account she alone controls -- to stick with her husband.

How very civilized! http://anchoredbygrace.com/smileys/mgtophat.gif

And there you have it gentlemen. straight for pay!!!

Guest zipperzone
It's amazing that this story (the crash, his marriage and the bimbos coming out of the woodwork) is headline news in the mainstream media. Also, amazing that his neighbors have been so willing to talk to reporters.

They are probably pissed off for not being invited over for drinks and burgers.

Guest zipperzone

Toronto's Globe & Mail (national edition) reported today that the deposit into his wife's account was five million and that if she stayed with him for two more years she would get another fifty-five million. That almost makes her a hooker, no?

There is obviously MUCH more to this story than has come out so far. But if they still insist on keeping it private, that's their decision and should be respected.

Guess he isn't out of the woods yet. Couple below article along with todays WSJ article on Tiger's spin doctor Mark Steinberg...

(12-08) 06:35 PST Windermere, Fla. (AP) --

Fire department medics responded early Tuesday to a 911 call in the same block as Tiger Woods' Orlando-area home and took an adult to the hospital.

A spokeswoman for Orange County Fire Rescue would not confirm local news reports that the 2:36 a.m. call came from Woods' home early Tuesday or that the patient was a woman. Spokeswoman Genevieve Latham told The Associated Press that an adult patient was taken to Health Central Hospital in Ocoee, the same place Woods was treated after he crashed his sport utility vehicle outside his home last month. The patient's condition wasn't immediately known.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2009/12/05/sports/s113831S02.DTL&tsp=1#ixzz0Z6oKAA4A

Toronto's Globe & Mail (national edition) reported today that the deposit into his wife's account was five million and that if she stayed with him for two more years she would get another fifty-five million. That almost makes her a hooker, no?

d

Before he became president, JFK was in a similar position with Jackie. She threatened to leave him over his philandering and old man Joe cut a cheque for $1million to keep Jackie at her husband's side. Today that would represent probably $35 to $50 million, considering what inflation has been.

So what's the diff? Was Jackie a "hooker"? After JFK's death she went on to marry the world's richest man. Did that make her a highly paid courtesan? These are questions that seem to recur from time to time.

L2p-

Old saying: The cheapest way to "have" something is to rent it. That was purported to apply to cars, boats, airplanes and women. Using that as a theory then of course, Jackie et al were hookers and there are no "real" emotions from men. I would like to think we on this MB know differently.

Best regards,

KMEM

As I posted several days ago, the perception of Tiger's lifestyle is all-important and now that his brand is seriously tarnished, the wheels are starting to fall off the $100 million a year Tiger Woods enterprise. Today Gatorade announced it is dropping Tiger's name from a drink that it markets and will no longer use Woods as a spokesman.

This is the first company to publically drop Tiger but it was also noted by some media outlet that no TV ads featuring Tiger have been aired since November 29, 2 days after the accident. Before that, his face appeared daily somewhere in the US media.

Perhaps this is just companies exercising caution and waiting to see how the story develops. His popularity is dropping like a stone and if the story gets messier than it already is, I predict Tiger's days as a supersalesman are OVER!

L2p-

Tiger is in some serious trouble but so long as he wins tournaments and, especially major tournaments, his stock will rise again. So far, he mainly has proven that he is human. People forgive sinners all the time, especially attractive, young, athletic sinners and even more especially, those that recant. Tiger has yet to "completely" recant but that time likely is coming.

Best regards,

KMEM

L2p-

Tiger is in some serious trouble but so long as he wins tournaments and, especially major tournaments, his stock will rise again. So far, he mainly has proven that he is human. People forgive sinners all the time, especially attractive, young, athletic sinners and even more especially, those that recant. Tiger has yet to "completely" recant but that time likely is coming.

Best regards,

KMEM

Advertisers don't always forgive sinners. Not nearly as much Kobe business as their was pre-Colorado. Magic Johnson, haven't seen much from him since HIV diagnosis. Mark McGuire is hardly a familarly face nowadays. Granted some of these guys were already past their prime when the scandal hit but I think the advertises can see that this is a case of the American people having a Tiger by the tale and so we will not be seeing advertising to the level of his previous stripe.

L2p-

Best regards,

KMEM

KMEM, I am sorry, we disagree again.

Can Tomcat Woods win tournaments like he has?? I am beginning to think he cannot.

Forget about trangressions and recanting. He has suffered a head injury, and will be under immense crowd and media pressure when he re-appears on the links. If he re-appears on the links...

Guest zipperzone

Big Deal...... if he never swings a golf club again - if he never gets paid to endorse any products again - he'll still live a much more comfortable life than I will. With or without his blond trophy wife.

Guest TBinCHI
L2p-

Best regards,

KMEM

Not to be an English prick, but the word you meant to use was "repent". My 7th grade english teacher rears her ugly head at the most inopportune times!

KMEM, I am sorry, we disagree again.

Can Tomcat Woods win tournaments like he has?? I am beginning to think he cannot.

Forget about trangressions and recanting. He has suffered a head injury, and will be under immense crowd and media pressure when he re-appears on the links. If he re-appears on the links...

I am sure you noted the proviso, "so long as he can win". He is still very young and should have a long career, physically, ahead of him. His problems are mental, not physical or economic. I agree that he likely will not be welcomed with open arms and loud cheering at the first tee of his next tournament.

If he doesn't win, he will fade into whatever as PK has mentioned about various other athletes, but of those, only Kobe is still playing and winning and the NBA is not an individual sport (although Kobe makes it seem that way sometimes). If Tiger or Cheetah or Tomcat wins, it will be because he overcame his personal "demons". Some will give him credit for that, if it happens. I don't think Tiger is another John Daly who acquires and sheds wives with abandon.

Best regards,

KMEM

L2p-

Best regards,

KMEM

I wonder how forgiving his family will be.