Adam Lambert on the AMAs

EXPAT
This topic is 5285 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Well, I'm not a prude or a conservative and I hated it. You will find that the people who think that Adam Lambert is a pudgy, acne-scarred, make-up wearing, drag queen wannabe runs the gamut from far right to far left. Finding him a walking, living, breathing freak show is not limited to one or two groups. I find him embarassing. And I hear the same sounds each night when the raccoons start attacking my trash in Central Park.

??Why is your trash in Central Park?? :confused:

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest zipperzone
About #4. The jesus freaks in Poland were trying to ban her last concert because they think she's the devil or something like that. Another example was her Confessions tour when she sand Live To Tell on a disco mirrored cross while wearing a crown of thorns. Oh the jesus freaks were throwing a tizzy over that one as well. Just Two examples for you Zip. I could go on and on and on but you get the point.

That's exactly what I was talking about - and you forgot to mention her "coffee table book", SEX.

All of it never hurt her popularity and Lambert's won't be affected either.

Guest zipperzone
LOVE Joy Behar. But she never liked watching American Idol, so she doesn't really know about Adam Lambert.

Rosie O'Donnell also came out in defense of Adam Lambert on her radio show this morning. She said she is going to go buy a 100 copies of his CD in support and give them out to her friends. She also felt that ABC was cowardly and that in general we are a prudish nation.

It would be great if Ellen also came out in support of him.

Lambert's CD selling better than expected

According to Billboard magazine, Adam Lambert's "For Your Entertainment" is outperforming sales expectations, despite-or perhaps because of-the risque performance he turned in at the American Music Awards on Sunday, Nov. 22. Label and distribution sources project that "For Your Entertainment" could sell about 225,000 units in its first week.

Susan Boyle is the big winner of the week. She is expected to sell nearly 610,000 copies this week alone making it the single biggest sales week of the year for any artist. Eminem sold 608,000 back in May. What an amazing result for someone unknown six months ago. And this represents US sales only. She is also expected to do well in the UK. This is a great rags to riches story. Her CD is pretty good as well.

CBS also is also hypocritical

CBS apparently thinks a fresh male gay kiss is way too risky to put on TV ... a widely-exposed lesbian kiss -- no problem.

Bottom line -- CBS chickened out in trying to explain why "The Early Show" blurred Adam Lambert's AMA mano-y-mano kiss, but minutes later ran an uncensored clip of Madonna making out with Britney Spears.

CBS said, "The Mandonna image is very familiar and has appeared countless times including many times on morning TV." By contrast, CBS explained, "The Adam Lambert image is a subject of great current controversy, has not been nearly as widely disseminated, and for all we know, may still lead to legal consequences."

Male Executives are just more disgusted with male on male kisses and they fantasize about woman on woman kisses. It's homophobia at its worst.

CBS explained, "The Adam Lambert image is a subject of great current controversy, has not been nearly as widely disseminated, and for all we know, may still lead to legal consequences."

How fucking disgusting. Hey CBS, they struck down the sodomy laws! A gay kiss has no "legal consequences." :mad:

(Btw, I'm no fan of Adam but I believe it was a woman's face he shoved.)

No. It was a guy he was leading around on a leash.

The REALLY GREAT NEWS to come out of this is that ABC received a whopping 1500 complaints. Out of a population of 300 million, I'll take that number even as it is ever-shrinking.

American Idol debut sales track record

How do the first-week sales of Adam Lambert's "For Your Entertainment" stack up against past "American Idol" runners-up?

Very well. The numbers aren't solid yet, but the projection is anywhere from 225,000 to 300,000 copies. That's an excellent first week. Compared to the past runners-up of "Idol," Lambert will most likely wind up second only to Clay Aiken (which is nicely ironic). The list is as follows:

1. Clay Aiken, "Measure of a Man," 613,000

2. Bo Bice, "The Real Thing," 227,000

3. Adam Lambert, "For Your Entertainment," 225,000 to 300,000 (projected)

4. David Archuleta, "David Archuleta," 183,000

5. Katharine McPhee, "Katharine McPhee," 116,000

6. Blake Lewis, "ADD," 97,500

7. Justin Guarini, "Justin Guarini," 57,000

8. Diana DeGarmo, "Blue Skies," 47,000

Adam Lambert might end up 3rd behind Bo Bice, but if his post-American Music Awards incident bump continues, he'll probably end up second and closer to 300,000 copies sold. That number would put him at 4th out of 16 if you factor in all "American Idol" finalists, while fellow season 8 finalist Kris Allen is only 14th out of 16. Ouch.

Other notable "Idol" alums debut sales are Chris Daughtry at 304,000 and Jennifer Hudson at 217,000. With these inclusions, the list looks like this:

1. Clay Aiken, "Measure of a Man," 613,000

2. Ruben Studdard, "Souful," 400,000+

3. Carrie Underwood, "Some Hearts," 315,000

4. Chris Daughtry, "Daughtry," 304,000

5. Taylor Hicks, "Taylor Hicks," 298,000

6. Kelly Clarkson, Thankful, 297,000

7. David Cook, David Cook, 279,000

8. Fantasia Barrino, Free Yourself, 240,000

9. Bo Bice, "The Real Thing," 227,000

10. Adam Lambert, "For Your Entertainment," 225,000 to 300,000

11. Jennifer Hudson, "Jennifer Hudson," 217,000

12. David Archuleta, "David Archuleta," 183,000

13. Jordin Sparks, Jordin Sparks, 119,000

14. Katharine McPhee, "Katharine McPhee," 116,000

15. Blake Lewis, "ADD," 97,500

16. Kris Allen, "Kris Allen," 85,000

17. Justin Guarini, "Justin Guarini," 57,000

18. Diana DeGarmo, "Blue Skies," 47,000

Lambert could very well end up at #3 on the all-time list by the time all is said and done. He's certainly done very well for himself and the AMA "scandal" certainly didn't hurt him too much.

It's still blows my mind that Clay Aiken tops that list.

Guest MickeyMoosie
It's still blows my mind that Clay Aiken tops that list.

It's actually a decent album. Granted, it will never be compared to Ella Fitzgerald's Harold Arlen Songbook, but for what it was, it was a good pop album.

Too bad he got fat and became a joke.

ABC is now under fire because of the replacement they used when they cancelled Adam Lambert:

CHRIS BROWN

So they replaced a gay man who broke no law with a convicted felon woman-beater. Gays were already pissed off, now women's groups are too.

Somebody at that network can't buy a clue.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest MickeyMoosie
Adam is going to have a modest spurt of sales the first week and then sales are going to drop like a stone.

OK, let's see how that prediction fared.

Adam's album entered the Billboard charts at #3 - a respectable opening.

Now how did he do in the second week?

oops, dropped like a stone to #22

Even though I'm chronically correct, I never tire of it.

Archived