Montreal for Memorial Day

LurkerSpeaks
This topic is 5817 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I just booked my flight to Montreal over Memorial Day.. Will be arriving on Wednesday, May 21, and departing on Tuesday, May 27. Anyone else going to be in town and want to meet up for a bite to eat, a cocktail or to share stories and compare notes?

Now I just have to find a place to stay...Anyone have any luck lately on Priceline? What prices/hotels have been coming up. I checked on biddingfortravel.com and nothing has been posted for the memorial day week...Anyone know of any other new, nice, reasonably priced hotels etc? I found one online called Glamour hotel

( http://www.glamourhotelmontreal.com ) which looks great, but I have read some negative comments on it. I am trying to get a local friend of mine to go check it out for me..

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

>Now I just have to find a place to stay...Anyone have any luck

>lately on Priceline? What prices/hotels have been coming up. I

>checked on biddingfortravel.com and nothing has been posted

>for the memorial day week...Anyone know of any other new,

>nice, reasonably priced hotels etc? I found one online called

>Glamour hotel

I have used Priceline recently and for $75.00 or so I have gotten the Hyatt slightly west of the Village on St Catherine and I have also ended up in the Holiday Inn near the Convention Center in Chinatown. Both are near the Metro. Priceline is the way to go but be prepared to play the Priceling games.

I have used priceline before, both successfully and unsuccessfully.. I have won the Hyatt and the Delta Montreal, and wouldnt mind either one again, even tho I was hoping to be a little closer to the village. I am surprised at your rate tho, because it appears from biddingfortravel that people have been winning 4star hotels at around 80-85 a nite. Unless I get a good report back from my friend on the glamour hotel, I guess I will end up trying priceline.

The 3* Hyatt has come up as winning bids recently. You might want to try your luck...or not. LOL The Hyatt has simply one of the best locations in Montreal, along with the Omni im my opinion.

I'm planning on visiting around May 13-18th; however, jury duty might push that date back to when you will be going.

I'll be driving 11 hours (each way) this year. Airfare has risen from $250 roundtrip to $750 from Detroit-to-Montreal. Northwest Airlines also changed their plane from a DC-9 to the smaller Mesaba/Canada Air "airlink." I believe it might even be a propeller-type plane.

I've only driven to Montreal once before (April 2006). It's indeed the most boring 10-hour stretch of highway in the world, from as soon as you clear customs at the Ambassador Bridge in Windsor, Ontario through highway 401 to Quebec.

Parking in Montreal can be costly, around $38 night in Complex des Jardins just underneath the Hyatt. I just hope the dancers still take my American money, but I guess exhanging wouldn't be too much of a hassle.

Guest zipperzone

>I've only driven to Montreal once before (April 2006). It's

>indeed the most boring 10-hour stretch of highway in the

>world, from as soon as you clear customs at the Ambassador

>Bridge in Windsor, Ontario through highway 401 to Quebec.

If that takes you 10 hours, you must be obeying every speed limit and then some. I'd say 8 hrs top and could be done in 7 if you don't dilly dally over meals.

Guest msclonly

Isn't there a train from Windsor at least?

At least you would arrive ready for some exercise!

I have taken the train from Toronto to Montreal a couple of times with dinner served in courses like First Class on a plane.

Sure helps keep the mind off the miles and the time go by faster.

And you just might meet some interesting people to talk to.

Driving even a 100 miles seems like a waste.

:+

It's interesting to read different people's opinions about driving versus "public" transportation. My drive to Montreal takes a little over seven hours--including several "pit" stops and obeying NY and Canadian speed limits. If I took a bus or train, and there were NO problems at the border, it would take at least twice as long, if not three times. Today, to take the train from here, I would have to take a bus to Albany and then get the train.

Flights are even worse---much more expensive for such a short distance. I cannot fly from my home city to Montreal---have to go to either NYC or Toronto first----a real hassle in either case and the way I am treated on most flights leaves a lot to be desired.

I agree highways can be boring and often are, but being squeezed next to an obnoxious "seat-mate" on a plane or bus is not something I enjoy either.

Guest zipperzone

>It's interesting to read different people's opinions about

>driving versus "public" transportation. My drive to

>Montreal takes a little over seven hours--including several

>"pit" stops and obeying NY and Canadian speed

>limits.

When I lived in Montreal, I used to drive to NYC for the weekend about once a month. The drive only took me 5 hours. I'd leave at 3 on a Friday afternoon and be in Manhatten for 8 o'clock. Didn't stop to eat though. Who wants highway hamburgers when the restaurants of NY are just down the road. And I guess I didn't strictly obey the speed limits, but I never drove fast enough to get pulled over.

>If I took a bus or train, and there were NO problems

>at the border, it would take at least twice as long, if not

>three times.

You got that right - this kind of public transportation is not built for speed (or convenience)

Guest zipperzone

>Isn't there a train from Windsor at least?

>At least you would arrive ready for some exercise!

I could be wrong about this but I'd be very surprised if there was a direct train from Windsor to Montreal. You'd probably have to change trains in Toronto and wait for connections.

>Driving even a 100 miles seems like a waste.

Not necessarily. Some of us like to drive - for me it is a great way to relax.

Zip, I think you are a little off on the time it takes to drive from Windsor to Montreal. Even in the best weather and traffic conditions, the drive from Toronto to Montreal is 5 to 5 1/2 hours. Toronto to Windsor is at least 4 hours. And then you have to get through Toronto and into Montreal. The roads into Montreal are such a bitch in summer with construction and accidents that tie up traffic that you need to allow extra time. A few weeks ago it took me 4 hours to get from Ottawa to Montreal, the last 2 hours creeping along highway 40 approaching the island which has at least 3 lanes and 4 in parts. x(

Guest zipperzone

>Zip, I think you are a little off on the time it takes to

>drive from Windsor to Montreal. Even in the best weather and

>traffic conditions, the drive from Toronto to Montreal is 5 to

>5 1/2 hours.

Well I admit it is a few years since I have travelled this route but when I was living in Montreal and used to go back to Toronto, my home town, quite often and I usually did that drive in 4 hours. Granted, we're not talking snow here and I usually left one city around 11 pm and reached the other around 3 am = 4 hours. No doubt I chose the times when traffic would be the lightest. As for getting through Toronto, no big deal just whizz on by on the 401.

I figured Toronto to London to be about 2 hours and London to Windsor another two. Total 8 hours. But as I have already admitted, I don't always adhere to speed limits. I've never been accused as driving like a "little old lady from Victoria" :-)

4 hours Montreal to Ottawa would have me pulling my hair out !!!!

• 2 weeks later...

If I'm not selected for jury duty this Friday then I will likely be going to Montreal April 29th or the week-or-so there after.

I heard that the Embassy Suites is a brand new hotel (1 year old now) in Montreal that is very nice and located across the convention center.

Anyways, I will "priceline" my hotel after I know for sure about my jury duty status.

• 4 weeks later...

Nice meeting LurkerSpeaks and several other Hoovillians in Mtl. The weather has been perfect and the clubs are filled with hot looking dancers. Campus and Stock are my top recommendations. Sadly, Adonis is still hurting for talent and I didn't have enough energy to walk to Taboo. Maybe tonight.

I'm looking forward to reading the reviews from the talented and gifted guys from Hooville.

Coop

This report will be much less detailed than prior visits.. Simply a short report on my experiences at each of the clubs.. then a report on other stuff

TABOO;

overall, taboo had a pretty good vibe going on..

Pluses---on my visits there, it seemed that they had non-stop boys on stage. If you like the young, slim, smooth boys, this is definitely the place to be... If you can get their attention, the boys will sit and chat with you and be cuddled and petted..

Negatives--the boys still seem to flock around regulars and for the most part do not circulate very well...the backroom is still open, $10 dances, with no contact of "the good parts". I will say that i saw next to no monitoring of the backroom on my visits tho..

For anyone who has been going to taboo for a number of years, you might remember Phillip. He was dancing on my first visit 4 years ago, and has now returned. He was a small, skinny waif-like boy with long hair and a sad look back then. Now, he is a small, skinny,but more muscular boy with a bit of a smile and a new, short haircut. He is a very nice, sweet boy.

Criss is part time bartender and part time dancer, depending on the day.

ADONIS:

Still has a long way to go to get back on top of things..I made numerous stops here during my visit and most time encountered more empty stage than I did dancers on stage. The dancers they did have were on the slim, twink types, but mostly a little "rough" around the edges. There were a few that were cute and "do-able" though.

I do need to say that I had a "first" for me at Adonis.. I have made 8 trips to Montreal in 4 years, and I must say on one visit to Adonis this time, I got more "bang for my buck" than I have ever have in a backroom dance...

STOCK:

I visited Stock each night, Thurs thru Sund (so far). I was told by several fellow posters to seek out Frankie, as he would most definitely be of interest to me.. Unfortunately, as of today (Monday), he has been missing in action.

On thursday, it seemed rather slow, and I didnt stick around very long. On friday, there was a much larger crowd and a lineup of over 30 dancers. While most of the dancers are still the bigger, more muscular types, there were two smaller guys who got my attention. The first of these was Aaron.. cute, smaller body, a couple of tatts, and sweet boy. The second is Dominick. Dominick is the younger brother of Raphael.Dominick is definitely a cute boy.

CAMPUS:

I would rate Campus as the most fun of the clubs for me on this visit. I spent most of the afternoons there and had several fun and "interactive dances:

Jeremy was my first dance this visit.. I had several dances with him on my first visit. He is young, slim, 6pack abs, cute.. but he doesnt know when to stop.. and not in a good way. He would keep coming up to me when I was talking with another dancer and try to butt his way in. He would get mad when I went in the back with anyone else...For a "straight" boy, he sure seemed to be jealous of anyone else getting my attention (or more precisely, my money). I would have done many more dances with him if he hadn't been so clingy..

Kevin==tall, natural built, blond guy who is obviously not straight. He was friendly, warm, and fun in the back...I ran into him several times on Ste catherines during my visit and he acknowledged me each time.

Devin--aka Kevin6669..This boy oozes charm and sexuality..His reviews here and elsewhere attest to his ability both in and out of the bedroom to entertain. One thing I can say about his backroom time is that he actually seemed to enjoy the time there and not just "going thru the motions"..I definitely want to hire him outside the club when i can arrange in on a future visit.

Sylvestor--still performing crazy acrobatics.. looks great, even doing a little "self suck" during his slow song on stage..I didnt take him in the back, so I can't report on that

Christopher--supposedly just returned to dancing, but I dont remember him... A little older (mid 20's?) and a little bigger/more masculine than my usual taste..skater haircut..told me he was very affectionate and proved it in the back. I would recommend him if he is your type.

Alonzo, unfortunately, was no where to be found this visit..

Lorenzo, who I mentioned last year, was back, but he is leaving on Tuesday to go back to Florida..

Jo, my favorite dancer from Stock last year, is now dancing at Campus parttime. He has gotten a new mohawk haircut which gives him a slightly more edgey look. but he is still unbelievable gorgous and sweet. I spent more time talking with him this trip and got to know a little more about him as a person..He is good people

Many other dancers whose names I dont remember..(sorry, I guess my alzheimers is acting up today)

Other than the boys, i want to mention a few men who i had the please of meeting and hanging out with during this visit..

Bigguyinpasadena.. I had met bgp a year and a half ago, and we again spent several afternoons/evening at the clubs and one nice dinner. Thanks for the great company

Cooper..I finally got to meet one the "big kahunas" of the message board. Cooper was a great club companion who kindly shared his knowledge of the boys and the city itself.

Likesembig...in town with Cooper.. another great guy who makes a fun companion in the clubs, even if he likes em big while I like em small.

Tomcal...Tom's stories and pics of Rio have me seriously looking into it as a destination for my fall vacation..

Taz--once again proving himself to be a great host at Stock..

It is Monday.. today is my last day here in Montreal, as I leave Tuesday evening..weather today is grey and drizzling rain.. I was hoping to take a walk down the Old Montreal today, but it doesnt look like that is going to happen. Already make the trip to the village for breakfast at Chez Cora's.. Lets see what the afternoon/evening brings...

Archived