The 20 Club, 6 months later

brettnyc
This topic is 6357 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Thanks Cooper for the list of dancers...sorry I missed the show. Speaking of missing...you can add one more venue to the list of go-go going GONE. It appears that XL Lounge on West 17th Street has closed its doors and has been sold to next door neighbor, Maritime Hotel. Alas, it's too late to catch their Tuesday night Go-Go Explosion, which had its moments...LOL. Let's wish better luck for Club 20...catch it while you can!

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First and foremost, it was a pleasure to see many former Gaiety patrons that I haven't seen in quite some time. I had forgotten the pleasure it was to talk to so many fine gentlemen with wonderful stories of NYC's wild past.

Secondly, it was a pleasure to meet CEO and Taz. I was in wonderful company indeed. Cooper was very gracious in answering my myriad of questions regarding lap dance protocol and the mystery that is the "Champagne Room". Venturing into both arenas was quite fun for me. Thanks to jaynnj as well for his gracious welcome. He also has a Yahoo Group for club 20. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/club20nyc .

Before I post some visuals and links I have to say a few things about Club 20 and the history leading up to it.

It is a given. NYC has changed in a sad way for the lovers of the live male nude. Though I came onto the scene late I sadly witnessed the closing of RED's, Stella's, LeFluer's and, most importantly, the Gaiety. I knew I was going to a Chippendale-like experience. A cock parade like the Gaiety was something I knew I wouldn't see.

With that said, and pushing aside the sadness of the NYC that is gone for us, I must say I had a good time. The VIP Lounge/Club 20 is a wonderful establishment. The staff was very friendly. I had wonderful conversations with the restroom attendant. He was very handsome and hooked me on these wonderful little wipes to clean your glasses! When I received a lap assault from Dex all of his wonderful lotions, oils and body moisture were all over me. He smelled delicious and felt divine. However, he dirtied my glasses. These little wipes (Flent's Wipe'N Clear) saved the day! Thanks bathroom dude!

Nice place, wonderful employees and great guys to look at ... almost nude. I went in with doubts and nostalgia of what was. Not only is Club 20 better than not having any place at all, it is a nice place to relax and socialize with friends while having many visual delights to look at. And when there is a break in conversation and looking at what is on stage you can always get a lap dance.

>1. Alex

http://img322.imageshack.us/img322/9554/club20alex02up3.jpg

Though these pictures or the pictures on his website don't do him justice there was something secretly sensual about him. Enjoy his website.

http://web.mac.com/alexm5/iWeb/Site/Welcome.html

>3. Apollo

Ass perfection. Period.

http://img322.imageshack.us/img322/9726/club20apollo02ud0.jpg

http://img322.imageshack.us/img322/9295/club20apollo03px9.jpg

Apollo is a favorite topic over at Muscle Service. Here is his very pay-per-view website.

http://www.apollophoenix.com/

>7. Dex

VERY handsome and a perfectly proportioned African-American piece of man. He spent some nice time with us while we watched the show. He was my first lap dance and Champagne Room experience at Club 20.

>8. Dominic

I believe Cooper should discuss Dominic. ;)

>17.Nick

He really got the crowd to participate. He was on and off the stage quite often. He also perfected every bad dance move from the 1980's. His gift of parody is wonderful.

>19.Sebastian

CEO said it best. Sebastian does have the perfect body. I did want a lap dance with Sebastian. However, the wife of a former Philippine dictator (well, an awesome look alike) monopolized all of Sebastian's time.

Go to http://www.hunkmania-cams.com/ and you will see a smaller Sebastian there. He has really hunked up since these photos were taken.

http://img322.imageshack.us/img322/2494/club20sebastian01ld6.jpg

VDN :)

Brett, You missed a great show. Hope many of the same dancers will be back next Sunday. Especially, Wayne (new and gorgeous), Dominic (new and extremely playful), James (best butt bouncer in town), Gary (the Irishman who doesn't suffer with the curse), and barwaiter Ace (with his amazing looks, he should be dancing and not barwaiting).

Sad news about XL. Any idea what they're going to do with the tropical fish tanks? Always enjoyed a good pee while checking out the fish. :-)

Hi guys,

I have a couple of questions for you about Club 20.

1. I know the party gets started at 5 p.m., but when do people generally start to leave and when does the place shut down for the evening?

2. What's the dress code? Can I wear jeans and a polo shirt, or would that be too casual.

Thanks!

...Hoover

1. I know the party gets started at 5 p.m., but when do people

generally start to leave and when does the place shut down for

the evening?

Hi Hoover, The club is open between 5pm to 1am. Dancing is continuous. People are coming and going all night.

2. What's the dress code?

There is no dress code. You'll see one guy in a tuxedo and another in shorts and a t-shirt.

Can I wear jeans and a polo shirt, or would that be too casual?

That would be just fine. However, if you're looking to meet a fellow member of Hooville, please wear the M4M colors w/logo.

Hoover, When are you coming to NYC?

Hope this information helps.

Cooper

Thanks, Cooper!

Hmmm, the M4M logo huh? I'll get to work on that right away :)

Meanwhile, I don't have a firm date in mind yet, but it will likely be sometime in the next few weeks.

Do you know if there is an "official" Hooboy get-together coming up in NYC?

...Hoover

p.s. Isn't Taz out of town this week?

>Sad news about XL. Any idea what they're going to do with the

>tropical fish tanks? Always enjoyed a good pee while checking

>out the fish. :-)

Coop,

If you`d quit peeing on the fish then maybe they wouldn`t have closed.

;-)

I was only at XL twice but it was fun .All kinds of things going on

upstairs - enuff said. :9

"Do you know if there is an "official" Hooboy get-together

coming up in NYC?"

Hoover, Ever since the last one got raided by the NYPD, we keep everything "unofficial". Just send either me, Taz, or Rendie an inbox message and we'll tell you where we meet.

"Isn't Taz out of town this week?"

Even a better reason to come. More dancers will be available for lap dances and champagne room privates.

Cooper

"If you`d quit peeing on the fish then maybe they wouldn`t have

closed."

Fun, Some of those "blowfish" were into a golden shower. Thank God those walls/stalls can't talk.

"I was only at XL twice but it was fun .All kinds of things going on

upstairs - enuff said."

If the Maritime Hotel is taking it over, I'm certain the "fun" times will continue. The club HIRO which is currently located in the lower level of the hotel has become one of the hottest places to be in NYC.

Hope to see you back in NYC real soon.

Cooper[/]

"Hmmm !. How soon is real soon ?

Actually will be there next week for a coupla days. Wanna have lunch on Thursday 7/27 or Friday 7/28 ?"

Funster, now that's considered "real soon". Check your inbox for my reply... Hope your next visit includes a Sunday.

Cooper

Well, what more can I say? Cooper, Taz, and VDN have said it all! It was a great show on Sunday, and this was only my second visit to Club 20. I hope to do it again soon. What great company to be with - Cooper, Taz, VDN, et. al. This was the first time I met the famous (infamous?) eye-candy poster on Hooboy, VDN. It was a pleasure.

I just read on MS that the 20 Club is looking to hire "muscular erotic dancers". From my observations and personal experiences, it's the twinks to medium muscular types who are making the $$$'s. The "muscular" ones are always complaining that they aren't making any money, however, you never hear the 3 twinks, Giovanni, James, and Dominic complaining... Suggestion to management, talk with your regular customers and see what they are looking for.

Guest Rendie

>

>I fell in love with Jack LaLane!! }(

>

>Where is he?

>

Hey Taz,

I thought you knew, Jack L. was with me this past weekend. :D I brought him back for you though.

DARN IT!! I miss one Sunday and that's the day that:

1) VDN comes down from the Valley.

2) The Club 20 line up is better than ever.

I'm so depressed.... :-(

rendie

PS: TO VDN - WELCOME BACK TO THE BIG APPLE!

>I just read on MS that the 20 Club is looking to hire

>"muscular erotic dancers". From my observations and personal

>experiences, it's the twinks to medium muscular types who are

>making the $$$'s. The "muscular" ones are always complaining

>that they aren't making any money, however, you never hear the

>3 twinks, Giovanni, James, and Dominic complaining...

>Suggestion to management, talk with your regular customers

>and see what they are looking for.

Hey Cooper...as Diana Ross said it best...I want MUSCLE!

...I want muscles

All, all over his body

(make him strong enough from his head down to his toes)

I want muscles

All, all over his body

They say they have to see

His real personality

But thats alright for them

Still it aint enough for me

I need what the eyes can see, ah

(his anatomy)

If thats alright for them

Still it aint enough for me

I dont care if hes young or old

Just make him beautiful

I just want some strong man to hold on to

I want muscles

All, all over his body

I want muscles

All over his body

:-)

Guest msclonly

Crying Poor mouth!

Some guys never make enough money and are always crying that they are not making enough money.

I think of it as an 'opening line'!

:)

RE: The 20 Club, July 23rd

Another stellar lineup at the 20 Club. If you like muscle, there was Apollo and Louis, I you're into twinks, Gio, James, Dominic, and Preston fit the bill.

Once again, I'll try to recall all their names:

1. Alexander

2. Arod

3. Brad

4. Danny

5. Dominic

6. Eddie

7. Frank the Tank, new, muscular, and hot.

8. GQ

9. Gary

10.Gio

11.James

12.Louis

13.Luca

14.Nestlie

15.Nick

16.Preston

17.Sebastian

18.Sinful (looked lost without Taz)

19.Smooth

20.Tim

21.Tristan

22.Wayne

Good to see more patrons in attendance. I guess the word is spreading.

Also, good seeing M4Mer Duke. What a fun guy with a super nice personality. Good time had by all.

RE: The 20 Club

I can't predict which dancers will be in the lineup tonight, but I can say that the last few weeks the quality of dancers has been a definite improvement. New dancers Wayne and Frank are Gaiety material.

As for the lap dances, there's more grinding and dry humping going on and, in one of the champagne rooms (closest to the entrance), curtains have been installed. Makes it very private.

The 20 Club is located at 20W 20th Street between 5th and 6th Avenues. Doors open at 5pm. Cover is $10.

OK, my train from DC (Acela) and my overnight hotel room (Maritime) have been reserved.

I'll be there on the 13th; care to do dinner?

Just tell me where I should tell the cabbie to drop me off.

...(nervous) Hoover (haven't been to NYC since Dec 1975).

"OK, my train from DC (Acela) and my overnight hotel room

(Maritime) have been reserved.'

Good choices.

"I'll be there on the 13th; care to do dinner?"

The metro area chapter of Hooville will be glad to join you.

"Just tell me where I should tell the cabbie to drop me off."

Just tell the cabbie you're meeting TAZ, he'll know where to drop you off. If that doesn't work, check your inbox.

"...(nervous) Hoover (haven't been to NYC since Dec 1975)."

A lot has changed. The City is much cleaner and safer. Unfortunately, the real strip clubs are gone.

See you on the 13th.

Cooper

RE: August 6th at the 20 Club

There was no shortage of dancers at Sunday's show. The lineup included 23 dancers.

Here goes:

1. Alex

2. Alexander

3. Apollo

4. Arod

5. Brad

6. Chex

7. Dex

8. Dominic

9. Elan

10. Gary

11. Gio

12. Henrique

13. James

14. Johnny

15. Lex

16. Nestle

17. Ron

18. Sebastian

19. Sinful

20. Smooth

21. Tim

22. Tristan of Boston

23. Wayne

A couple of former Gaiety dancers stopped by to say hello, Alex of Campus and Gianni of LI.

Good show with a wide variety of dancers who provided some very hot/steamy lap dances.

Always good seeing the Hoovillians supporting the Club.

Archived