Gaiety Locale & Hotel Info

OneFinger
This topic is 7411 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Cooper,

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my routine questions. I did look in FAQ but couldn't find Gaiety listed even after changing my settings to all messages in the last year. (Apparently Gaiety was August 2002 - over a year ago.)

But, I was able to find it using the "search" feature. It had exacatly what I was looking for and was very informative. Wish there was a way for the FAQ threads to NOT disappear.

Appreciate all the info and help from posters here. Really looking forward to spending some time in the Big Apple. I'm sure it's changed since my last visit in 1988. (Back then most "privates" happened right on-site behind the screen.)

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

>Cooper,

>

>Thank you for taking the time to respond to my routine

>questions. I did look in FAQ but couldn't find Gaiety listed

>even after changing my settings to all messages in the last

>year. (Apparently Gaiety was August 2002 - over a year ago.)

The FAQ on the Gaiety was posted in April 2003, not Aug. '02. On the Strip Club Forum page, change your "listing topics" to 1 year and that should bring up all the FAQ's. Otherwise, I'll have to add a reply to all 26 Strip Clubs!

Your NYC visit will be here before you know it. Don't forget to read the FAQ on Stella's. It's a fun place to go for a drink or just watching the boys (hustlers). It's just around the block from the Gaiety.

• 2 months later...
Guest msclonly

If that Day's Inn is the old Ramada on 8th Ave, it was such a dump, that I checked out for the Marquis. I was really concerned about my health and safety!

}(

Obviously this is too late for your needs, but I thought I'd add my recent experiences-- I just got back from 7 nights in Manhattan (1 degree F Saturday morning!); I stayed at the Comfort Inn-Midtown which is usually available for $89+tax with AAA or AARP discount. Free continental breakfast from 7-10 AM. It's on 46th between Sixth and Seventh, so it's not even one full block to the Gaiety (which is also on 46th.) The rooms are smallish, but OK for one person. Rooms are fine-- clean and comfortable, decent bathrooms--and the location can't be beat for theater- and Gaiety-going. (I went to seven shows-- including "Naked Boys Singing" and the final performance of "Take Me Out"-- in five days, not counting the Gaiety!)

It's also convenient to the 47-50 St. Rockefeller Ctr. subway station (BDFV lines) on 6th Ave.; I discovered that it's easy and inexpensive to get to JFK by taking the F train (I think you can take the V on weekdays, but I was going on a Saturday) from that station to Roosevelt Ave. in Queens, changing to the E (same platform, no stairs) and taking it to Sutphin Blvd. in Queens where you can catch the new AirTrain direct to your terminal for $5.00. It took me less time than the horrible two-hour SuperShuttle ride I spent $20 on from JFK to my hotel.

BTW, I went to the Gaiety Friday (1/9) night ... it was fun, but not too many guys were "my type." I prefer black or darker Latino guys. Guess I should've tried Stella's?

-- J-Man in the San Gabriel Valley, CA (about 70 degrees warmer than Manhattan!)

>...I went to seven shows-- including "Naked Boys Singing" and the final performance of "Take Me Out"-- in five days, not counting the Gaiety!

J-Man,

Sounds like you and I have similar tastes! When I was there the first weekend in December I also saw "Naked Boys Singing" (first row seat) and "Take Me Out". Both were great. I was even lucky enough to be at "Take Me Out" when they were having an AIDS fund-raiser. I've got a baseball autographed by the cast.

I ended up staying at the Ramada Plaza Hotel. Really worked out great for me because I arrived by train and the hotel is a block from Penn Station. I couldn't have got a cab in that snow storm to reach another hotel if I wanted to.

I think there are lots of good deals on hotels in the theater district. Unfortunately, I went there during the Christmas season when prices were the highest. But I did have a good time and enjoyed all the shows. Even had a private with a guy from the Gaiety which really made my trip memorable. }(

When I first saw "Naked Boys Singing" several years ago in its original incarnation in Los Angeles, it was set in a different type of theater-- sort of a square stage with bleacher-type seating on three sides. I was sitting in the front row of one of the three sides, and at the end of the "Nude Maid" number, the performer came and sat in my lap (naked, of course) and handed me a business card with his (faux) nude maid business information on it! Never thought I'd get a "lap dance" during a musical!

No such luck in Manhattan, where the theater has a regular stage. But the people in the front row (like lucky you) did have a great view!

Archived