Spotlight regular murdered

bigguyinpasadena
This topic is 7380 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

A regular patron of the Spotlight in Hollywood was found brutally murdered in his home.

He was seen leaving with 2 boys from the bar(one of whom both JamesK and myself had talked to on occasion)one white,one black.

The regular was well known for being cheap with the boys,often refusing to pay-or paying less than what had been agreed upon.

The deceased had worked as a bartender in the now defunct Hollywoog Grill.

A little update here.....

As of last night, the 2 individuals wanted for questioning in this matter have been taken into custody. From the talk at the Spotlight last night, these 2 individuals were the ones the patron took home on that fateful night.

Ok,so a guy walks into a bar......

The second suspect in the murder walked into the spotlight on saturday night-I guess he does not see the wanted posters with his picture on the walls.

The police are called,8 cars respond-16 patrolmen surround the place,enter and haul away the suspect without any problems.

Guys,the suspect is a kid named Donald(don't know his last name)and if you were to meet him you would think"what a clean cut guy-wonder what he's doing in here".A friend has him living at his condo for a few days a few years ago!

Yes I think his being cheap-or worse switching the terms had something to do with James Hill's being murdered.I am also pretty sure he was drunk,and his stupid behavior added fuel to the fire and good looking(but probablly insane/drugged up)hustlers(there were two)went off the deep end.

The suspect had been taken home before by the murder victim-and complained of bring ripped off.

And no,I am in no way implying that Hill deserved what he got.I do belive johns who underpay/don't pay are just asking for karma to come up and kick them in the ass,but this murder was so violent(racist and anti gay slogans written on the walls in the victims blood)was the work of insanity/drugs and two pissed off hustlers.

• 2 months later...

Well, that's a pretty horrible story. But I think it needs to be

said that murder is not acceptable. Being drunk; lying; hanging with

hustlers. Okay, not such a great track record. But he is the victim. Not the two boys who had a choice as to how they would retaliate.

A bitchy, drunk gay man is not a criminal. He was lost in his own fantasy land. Just plain lost. We've all been there. I'm sorry for his pain. I suspect that those two boys will suffer too. I only hope that the criminal justice system in this country does what it should.

California ain't Texas. Don't kill them. Allow them to live with their

actions. And hope that they find redemption. Or not.

• 2 weeks later...

In my view, there are victims and then there are victims. Some are just unlucky to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. Others invite misfortune through their actions and are, in this sense, complicit in what befalls them. I think this case falls in the latter category.

Being drunk may mean that the victim was beyond the ability to judge how his actions would provoke the hustlers. But if his habitual behavior was stiffing hustlers, he was heading down a path that made the grisly outcome highly probable. Sure, murder is unacceptable. But that is rational thinking. These hustlers are not entirely rational, when drugs and liquor are affecting their judgment as well as the victim's behavior.

I have a fair amount of experience with hustlers and I am always upfront with them. I know what they are seeking and I let them know what I want, and how much I am willing to pay for it. I never welsh, and if the service exceeds the expectations, I tip them as well. It's amazing what a little respect can produce, even from a hardened hustler. And when I get ripped off, I just pay what was agreed and move on. Works for me.

Archived